Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Couple Found After 75 years

Those who believe that, consider it solved. Others do not. Besides, Ragnarok, while an interesting book is merely another theory. One based on extremely hot comets, which I suspect is not the case. I point it out only because he says all who survived did so by hiding underground for a very long time. The only way to kill all humans is pretty much disinfect the entire planet, not a slow die off from low food production.

Having taught survival class to Boy Scouts, I am amazed at the ability of some humans to survive in the most unbelievable conditions. And, all it takes is a pair and a lot of luck...

Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    Having taught survival class to Boy Scouts, I am amazed at the ability of some humans to survive in the most unbelievable conditions. And, all it takes is a pair and a lot of luck...
    Yes. Consider the Eskimo peoples. If you can stay in a place that in addition to lichens offers you seal and whale - and those you have to hunt from a kayak slightly more solid than an eggshell - and not only survive, but live and create a culture, then there's really very little limit to what humans can survive.

M