Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to start LIKING your vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by oldblueeyes View Post
    Sweet Jesus, what did I say?
    Sorry, my bad; to me, vinegar pickles, too, taste sour. I didn't realize that you were talking about natural fermentation.
    But yes, that is great. I enjoy sauerkraut, too. And pickled onion. And they sell some great pickled celery ... root? Celeriac? ... from Russia here.

Do you see any vinegar in this recipe? Making Sour Pickles
    Thx for a great recipe. Cool to see the oak and cherry leaves, there, too.

C'mon, you're smart
    No, I'm intelligent; unfortunately, that's not always the same thing.

you know the difference.....
    Of course. Known it since for several minutes already.

vinegar is acetic acid, this is lactic acid we're talking about.
    Aye, aye, sir.

Sour pickle with sharp cheddar or parmesan is great too, and of course emmental and gruyere and those types, but Jarlsberg has a unique nutty flavor.
    Yes, a good one.
    If they have more unlocal brands, try "Snøfrisk" - goat's milk cream cheese. Great for making dips and canapees (e.g. with smoked salmon in a 'tortilla').

Fuck I love cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How great to fucklovefuck cheese, since your dick can make it

M

Those packs of seaweed crisps you get at Korean shops, they're good stuff! Makes a great snacking alternative to potato or nacho chips (which are all carbs...bad bad bad). Kimchi is awesome too! Hmmm, I'm gonna try making kimchi sometime soon. I'm gonna make a great little wifey someday!
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Those packs of seaweed crisps you get at Korean shops, they're good stuff! Makes a great snacking alternative to potato or nacho chips (which are all carbs...bad bad bad). Kimchi is awesome too! Hmmm, I'm gonna try making kimchi sometime soon. I'm gonna make a great little wifey someday!
    If there are no Korean shops in the area ... a head of iceberg lettuce for chips, and e.g. sour milk + salt +herbs dip ...
    Or fish sauce + water to taste + chopped coriander leaves (cilantro?) + chili + garlic + lime + spices ...

M

Classic Caesar Salad

My favorite Caesar salad recipe. With anchovy, worcestershire sauce, and parmigiano......now you're talking umami! There's always lots of sauce left after I eat the romaine lettuce, and I drink it all down, baby! I don't bother with croutons as I'm pretty well anti-processed-carb these days.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

It's pickling time of the year! Make your own sour pickles! Yeah, I make pickles....don't judge me. Nothing but water, salt, and pickling cucumbers....add whatever flavoring floats yer boat (bay leaves, dill, peppercorns, garlic, etc.)! Google sour pickle recipes, but don't do the ones with vinegar and sugar. With sour pickles, lacti bacteria break down the sugars in the cucumbers into lactic acid; it's the same probiotics that makes yogurt and kefir good for you. They say to use proper ceramic fermenting crocks, but I have good luck with large ice cream tubs which you can buy from your local scooped ice cream shop for cheap. My place smells like fucking dill pickles at the moment. Manalysis, sliced sour pickles with sliced Jarlsberg cheese is to do for!

Quit being anal, dude. Say, do you grow pickling cukes? I was going to try for a garden this year but my soil is really bad. Might as well say it's sand.
    beets are my fav
    but we do pickles too
    onions as well!
    i used to do asparagus but dont have any here
    and eggs.. and garlic
    Last edited by TheNarrator; 08-30-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.