Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: Antifa Mobs Have Taken Over Berkeley, Are Beating Trump Supporters, Assaulting Journa

  1. #11
    Clearly both sides are equally violent...

    You can't tell what is in the mind of the thugs beating up the guy... they might be scared, sad, or angry... early that day someone else hurt someone else... so in that perspective... both sides are equally violent...

    Let's not rush conclusions and lest wait for the legal system to do their job, this is a land of law... the jury will have to make a decision, but none of you guys in the forum can make a decision, based in bits no longer than 15 seconds videos...

    None of us was there, so we don't really know what exactly happened... there could be more to this story that they are hiding...

    Antifa already say they don't know the guy that doing the beating up... they where giving antifa logos as souvenirs, that day... but just because they dress like antifa, and have antifa logos, don't mean that they are actually members of antifa...

    Those guys don't know what they do, they take medications, you can't really make them responsible for what they do...

    ...

    And I think that is about it... and WOW that was therapeutic...

    There I give you back all your crappy arguments, but this time the victim is wearing your colors... how you like this arguments now?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    Sounds like Simpleman.
    With the only difference that I have denounce antifa violence and I have say that they should be dispersed, arrested... and the so?

  3. #13
    Administrator Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific North West
    Posts
    5,048
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Clearly both sides are equally violent...

    You can't tell what is in the mind of the thugs beating up the guy... they might be scared, sad, or angry... early that day someone else hurt someone else... so in that perspective... both sides are equally violent...

    Let's not rush conclusions and lest wait for the legal system to do their job, this is a land of law... the jury will have to make a decision, but none of you guys in the forum can make a decision, based in bits no longer than 15 seconds videos...

    None of us was there, so we don't really know what exactly happened... there could be more to this story that they are hiding...

    Antifa already say they don't know the guy that doing the beating up... they where giving antifa logos as souvenirs, that day... but just because they dress like antifa, and have antifa logos, don't mean that they are actually members of antifa...

    Those guys don't know what they do, they take medications, you can't really make them responsible for what they do...

    ...

    And I think that is about it... and WOW that was therapeutic...

    There I give you back all your crappy arguments, but this time the victim is wearing your colors... how you like this arguments now?
    Again you spam the comments board and choose to ignore complexity and nuance in discussions for the sake of a cheap thrill. You've derailed your own thread and decided to bring some of that here. Transparent!
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

    It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    549
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Clearly both sides are equally violent...
    Equally? Debatable. But I very much doubt that.

    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    You can't tell what is in the mind of the thugs beating up the guy... they might be scared, sad, or angry... early that day someone else hurt someone else... so in that perspective... both sides are equally violent...
    Having been ganged up on and having ganged up on others, I can tell you exactly what is on the mind of the thugs beating up the guy, "FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKER!"

    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Let's not rush conclusions and lest wait for the legal system to do their job, this is a land of law... the jury will have to make a decision, but none of you guys in the forum can make a decision, based in bits no longer than 15 seconds videos...
    The legal system is broken. Has been for some time. Justice isn't blind, it isn't swift, it isn't impartial. Hell, the law isn't even about justice. It's crowd control.

    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    None of us was there, so we don't really know what exactly happened... there could be more to this story that they are hiding...
    The people there, committing the violence, don't even know what exactly happened. The video footage that's been turned up (and might turn up still) is the best thing we'll have to knowing what really happened. If judgement is to be made, it will be made off of those videos. Legal and social judgement.

    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Antifa already say they don't know the guy that doing the beating up... they where giving antifa logos as souvenirs, that day... but just because they dress like antifa, and have antifa logos, don't mean that they are actually members of antifa...
    That's the whole point of Antifa's stated MO, to create plausible deniability such as this. Your argument here is "Just because it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck doesn't mean it's a duck." To which I say, let's fry it and see if it tastes like a duck.

    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Those guys don't know what they do, they take medications, you can't really make them responsible for what they do...
    What?

    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    ...

    And I think that is about it... and WOW that was therapeutic...

    There I give you back all your crappy arguments, but this time the victim is wearing your colors... how you like this arguments now?
    Did I miss something?

    Look, I don't know anyone's standings or leanings around here, nor do I care. I don't like extremists of any variety. But these left-wing nutjobs are the worst that we have in the US and Western Civilization. The ones on the right cause issues and headaches, sure. That's undeniable. But it's the ones on the left that are threatening the very existence of Western Civilization as a whole. I don't know about anyone else but I happen to like Western Civilization... for the most part. So fuck those whackjobs in particular.

  5. #15
    Senior Member voidspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Clearly both sides are equally violent...

    You can't tell what is in the mind of the thugs beating up the guy... they might be scared, sad, or angry... early that day someone else hurt someone else... so in that perspective... both sides are equally violent...

    Let's not rush conclusions and lest wait for the legal system to do their job, this is a land of law... the jury will have to make a decision, but none of you guys in the forum can make a decision, based in bits no longer than 15 seconds videos...

    None of us was there, so we don't really know what exactly happened... there could be more to this story that they are hiding...

    Antifa already say they don't know the guy that doing the beating up... they where giving antifa logos as souvenirs, that day... but just because they dress like antifa, and have antifa logos, don't mean that they are actually members of antifa...

    Those guys don't know what they do, they take medications, you can't really make them responsible for what they do...

    ...

    And I think that is about it... and WOW that was therapeutic...

    There I give you back all your crappy arguments, but this time the victim is wearing your colors... how you like this arguments now?
    And the liar, proves himself to be a liar. QED.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    And the liar, proves himself to be a liar. QED.
    agreed, but... If it isn't activism, what is it?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

    "What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

    "What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    With the only difference that I have denounce antifa violence and I have say that they should be dispersed, arrested... and the so?
    You have also said that the world should work in infantile simple ways and that you know fuck-all about antiFa.

    and the so ...

    is that you come across as a full o shit simpleton.

    that's the so.

    Mate
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

    "What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

    "What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Again you spam the comments board and choose to ignore complexity and nuance in discussions for the sake of a cheap thrill. You've derailed your own thread and decided to bring some of that here. Transparent!
    You should get your facts straight before posting... So I don't have to do it for you...

    1. I am not spamming anything... I am not selling you anything...
    2. From post number 2 in this forum line they already drop my name, and since then have done nothing but talk about me... Read what they post.
    3. If I decided to ignore this here for so long, is precisely because ignoring it was the... decent thing to do.
    4. If I decided to answer to this line here... was because of you.
    5. I have not derailed my own nothing... The conversation goes wherever it needs to go...

  9. #19
    Senior Member voidspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    agreed, but... If it isn't activism, what is it?
    He's said it himself: he's a loser. He is in denial about accepting it. He wants to make points people will argue with, draw them into an argument in which he will always be contrary, misrepresent or accuse people of supporting positions they never did - if that fails or if the argument peters out - he will draw in more stuff, conflate and extend.

    He's determined to win, automatically disregarding of any exploration of events or data. He exhibits an emotional need for it, a desperation for it. He's enjoying himself too, he imagines people he's arguing with are the evil ones he's paranoid about (projection) each post he makes is a little cathartic hit. It relieves him a little, offering him the tempting vision that whoever he's arguing with will be fixed by him or see how correct he is. But it's never enough, people don't accept things in his black and white terms, and in case they do he'll derail that, acknowledge / agree / don't disagree he'll come back and up the ante push it to a point he is disagreed with. Which follows the same pattern: push far past the point being discussed try to get someone to say something that he can misrepresent as defending the indefensible then he has his proof they are evil and he is good.

    I don't want to derail this thread, but I do think it's also relevant to the way Antifa / far left individuals also escalate things and the same blindness but for one difference.

    Take how he has argued about Charlottesville. Gone from accusation of murderer (not enough disagreement), quickly ups it by assigning motivation and falsifying context - evil nazi terrorist drives into peaceful crowd (ignores bats and masks) - he gets some argument which is about motives and what is not being drawn from the evidence (people on the forum are participating in a broader debate, reacting to the news and other information around - he wants personal arguments, fantasy demons to slay, his nazi stand ins) when people debate him, he ups the argument in order to win but also accuse them of being the thing he wants to be present so he can hate it.

    You see this same mode the examples of people attacking others in the streets because of the wrong haircut, they don't just accept they got it wrong, they up the ante endlessly. It gets to the point that defending free speech = evidencing being a nazi. The evidence standard (personal behaviour excuse) has been extended, conflated = watered down and lowered. You have those who manipulate that behaviour and enable it, and those who exhibit it.

    He's of that behavioural type but for the one difference, he's raging at the world, a man shaking his fist at the world who doesn't see how correct he is. He doesn't need the crowd to perform for, or virtue signal to, he needs his demons of the mind more which does make him kind of more interesting and preferable to Antifa thugs trying to up their extreme behaviour to get status in a mob.

    Stefan Molyneux got an interesting call from a person who drifted into it when young and pulled himself out:



    I've mentioned three different modes of behaviour or types, individually they are not that much of a concern, but in combination at social scale it rapidly escalates.

    The 'thug' like behaviour that wants to be someone in the mob. Useful idiot type 1
    The 'outraged' behaviour who wants to sanctify themselves by seeing the rest of the world as worse. Useful idiot type 2.
    The manipulative behaviour who looks to bring 1 and 2 together, thugs who want to act on rage and the outraged who want to pump out stuff to rage about.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

  10. #20
    Senior Member voidspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    You should get your facts straight before posting... So I don't have to do it for you...

    1. I am not spamming anything... I am not selling you anything...
    2. From post number 2 in this forum line they already drop my name, and since then have done nothing but talk about me... Read what they post.
    3. If I decided to ignore this here for so long, is precisely because ignoring it was the... decent thing to do.
    4. If I decided to answer to this line here... was because of you.
    5. I have not derailed my own nothing... The conversation goes wherever it needs to go...
    Bang on cue. 'The world is against me, only I can see the truth, all I do shows my virtuousness not the results of my provocations.'
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •