Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Flies remake with all girls

Lord of the Flies remake with all girls

The Lord of the Flies is being remade with all girls.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-point-women/

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...e-planned.html

There isn't any indication at this point that the remake is a co-opt of the story for the feminist agenda, but the feminists are on it nonetheless. It'll be interesting to see how the political demands play out.

Blog Entries
    Lord of the Flies was a great piece of literature, a classic insight into the dark side of human nature and probably the first to really express the negatives of the childhood experience. Pretty much everything else sugar coats children and childhood. Endless stories make out that in the absence of adults children discover magic lands, learn to fly and fight foppish pirates pretty much nothing was about the the cruelty in the playground, the often teetering willingness to commit very nasty acts. LOTF told extremely well an allegory of humans disconnected from what they learn by being in a society, that if reverted civilised behaviour will need to be learned again, and the veneer slides down quickly in the face of visceral temptation.

That feminists don't get it, isn't unexpected, like children they only want to see women running around in heroic, top dog or super sympathetic victims of men roles. They only want propaganda. An island of all women must be Themyscira or Herland, even if it's an island of children. Feminist Marxists of course would find it revolting, a denial of their fantasy image of humans being homogenous gloop formations of culture, just like they find Animal Farm insulting to their politics.

An all female cast would be good remake for modern times, if holding to the principle messages of the original. It would be a major production and offer establishing roles to many young actresses but no they just want to be Doctor Who, Iron Man etc fantasy roles.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

I'd be curious to see how they write a story were everyone in it is unaccountable and most are adverse to physical labor.

My guess is they will introduce some butch lesbians to-be to play the most 'male' roles.

Who knows.. it might be more brutally honest than we suspect... after all its not about Ghost Busting is it

Blog Entries
    and the marginalisation of men continues unabated in the media.

The same happened to Ghostbusters with women replacing men and the man being placed in a subordinate role. The same happened to Mad Max with Mad Max being replaced with a Mad Maxine that has a subordinate male sidekick. Both these films failed miserably but feminists will be damned if these failures are going to stop them from carrying on in their pursuit of power and money for women. The same thing happened to Doctor who. They’ve replaced the male protagonist with a female protagonist and given her a subordinate male side kick. The same is happening in every area of the media here in the UK with one of our most popular shows on the BBC The Sunday Politics having its male presenter Andrew Neil replaced with feminist Sarah Smith.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/844...lace-presenter

They will carry on in this endeavour. This will exponentially get worse because there’s no one to challenge their sexism.

…and this organised, coordinated pursuit of power by feminism isn’t limited to the media. It’s affecting every area of life. In sports our Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Sport Tracey Crouch recently made it such that the FA (the Football Association) reserves 3 seats on their executive board, every year for women. In the private sector large businesses have been allocated quotas in board rooms for women. Our education system is full of quotas for women denying boys an education in favour of less qualified girls. In politics Men are being denied seats in parliament and a voice in government in favour of less qualified women thanks to women-only parliamentary short-lists. In the last five years the leaders of all our political parties have become women, with the exception of one. Women are being thrust into positions of power and control without merit and men are being marginalised and disempowered across the spectrum. This coordinated and organised assault on society by feminism has become desperately obvious and it needs desperately to be challenged and stopped.
    Last edited by Equity; 08-31-2017 at 10:38 PM.

My guess is they will all be sitting around by themselves desperately trying to TXT their Daddy's, Boyfriends, or Brothers until the batteries in their
    Cell Phones go dead. THEN THERE HAD BETTER BE AN EVEN NUMBER OF THEM ON THAT ISLAND. (or it will be gender genocide)

And if the Pilots of the plane happened to be male, they had better of died in the crash. (or they will soon wish that they had)
    http://djsaan.homestead.com/Succubi2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    That feminists don't get it, isn't unexpected, like children they only want to see women running around in heroic, top dog or super sympathetic victims of men roles.
    Well, this time it's two guys doing it; feminists, I guess, but still it's not the wymyn.
    Again, the comment section is interesting, not one single voice is positive.

The most interesting aspect of this "Mean Girls Lost" flick would be that if there really aren't going to be any men in the movie, how will they then go about making this tragedy men's fault? If LOTF presents a fight between good and evil, some of the girls are going to have to be evil, right? They even have to represent 'cosmic evil', or evil itself. I guess there'll be plenty of flashbacks to all the PTSD-inducing college parties, or something.

The only fun scene would be the end, when they come running out of the burning jungle.
    If we use both change.org and kickstarter, can we get them to keep the navy officer a man ...?

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Well, this time it's two guys doing it; feminists, I guess, but still it's not the wymyn.
    Again, the comment section is interesting, not one single voice is positive.

The most interesting aspect of this "Mean Girls Lost" flick would be that if there really aren't going to be any men in the movie, how will they then go about making this tragedy men's fault? If LOTF presents a fight between good and evil, some of the girls are going to have to be evil, right? They even have to represent 'cosmic evil', or evil itself. I guess there'll be plenty of flashbacks to all the PTSD-inducing college parties, or something.

The only fun scene would be the end, when they come running out of the burning jungle.
    If we use both change.org and kickstarter, can we get them to keep the navy officer a man ...?

M
    We might just guarantee it's a woman. They might not have thought of changing that bit. It would be sad to see LOTF as good vs evil, it's about degeneracy to primal state - because it's more fun. How Ralph makes a mistake by giving Jack free reign, and the boys vote with their feet after the election to join the fun hunters rather than the boring boys keeping the flame (hope for rescue / symbol of civilisation) alive.

The setting is post nuclear war, reflecting fears of it's time too. I won't watch the remake, because I'm pretty sure they'll crap all over it regardless of what they cast. Maybe if a Japanese studio were to do it, I'd watch it those guys often show they can nurture a story, like Howl's Moving Castle. I don't think the work of Diana Wynne Jones would survive the tender incompetence of British film makers nor the blunderbuss heavy handedness of effects over dialogue US makers. Not that there aren't other options of course.

But LOTF has always had special place to me, as part of my young education alongside Animal Farm, 1984 and Brave New World.

Certainly looking at people organising without influence on the internet, taking Antifa, Nazis et al it does seem like those wanting a circle of discussion and debate are losing territory and participants to those who want to swing bats and play vigilante warriors.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    We might just guarantee it's a woman. They might not have thought of changing that bit.
    Sure they have.
    Anyway, it's going to be a talker.

It would be sad to see LOTF as good vs evil, it's about degeneracy to primal state
    We're probably better off not straying into litterary interpretation debates ... but ...
    Degeneracy to a primal state, i.e. animal state, is one of the aspects of evil as conceived in Western Culture.
    The worst aspect of this is the willingness to let go and abandon oneself to the long slide.

because it's more fun. How Ralph makes a mistake by giving Jack free reign, and the boys vote with their feet after the election to join the fun hunters rather than the boring boys keeping the flame (hope for rescue / symbol of civilisation) alive.
    One thing that makes LOTF great is that it remains open to so many interpretations.

I won't watch the remake, because I'm pretty sure they'll crap all over it regardless of what they cast.
    Yeah, but to document their handiwork ...

But LOTF has always had special place to me, as part of my young education alongside Animal Farm, 1984 and Brave New World.
    Did you read Orwell's essays from the forties? You can sort of watch the themes of "1984" emerge. Fascinating. Decent writer, decent chap ...

Certainly looking at people organising without influence on the internet, taking Antifa, Nazis et al it does seem like those wanting a circle of discussion and debate are losing territory and participants to those who want to swing bats and play vigilante warriors.
    Yes. Nest time people ask me what's happening in the USA, I'll just say "they lost the conch". Or, if they're under 40, "Go read LOTF. Now get out.".

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    "they lost the conch"
    Lol, that needs to be memed.

they-lost-the-conch-and-with-it-the-plot.jpg

Meh, let them have their remakes, who cares? The studios wouldn't be doing it if they weren't making money...profit is the name of the game! Feminists' dollars are as good as anyone's! Don't like it? Don't go to it. Pretty simple if you ask me. I think we should be more concerned with how the courts fuck us over in real life than what happens in Hollywood.
    Last edited by oldblueeyes; 09-02-2017 at 01:18 AM.
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!