Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Flies remake with all girls

Quote Originally Posted by oldblueeyes View Post
    Meh, let them have their remakes, who cares? The studios wouldn't be doing it if they weren't making money...profit is the name of the game! Feminists' dollars are as good as anyone's! Don't like it? Don't go to it. Pretty simple if you ask me. I think we should be more concerned with how the courts fuck us over in real life than what happens in Hollywood.
    You think those things are not connected?

The sad thing is, 100000000000000 people read about movies, while 0000000000000000001 people read bout court reform.
    And 0.0000000000000000 people out there care about men.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    M
    I think you've mistaken me for somebody who gives a fuck.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post

The sad thing is, 100000000000000 people read about movies, while 0000000000000000001 people read bout court reform.
    And 0.0000000000000000 people out there care about men.

M
    A point I've made is how genders are depicted in popular culture influences attitudes. But, LOTF with a female cast sounds bizarre! Even the feminists I've seen comments from think that. Hollywood's latest fad is remaking old movies with women cast in the roles previously occupied by men, so get ready for: Seven Brides for Seven Lesbian Women, Midnight Cowgirl, The Madness of Queen Georgina, The Magnificent Seven Feminist Cowgirls, Micheala Mouse, and no doubt many more!

Quote Originally Posted by Plato the 2nd View Post
    A point I've made is how genders are depicted in popular culture influences attitudes. But, LOTF with a female cast sounds bizarre! Even the feminists I've seen comments from think that. Hollywood's latest fad is remaking old movies with women cast in the roles previously occupied by men, so get ready for: Seven Brides for Seven Lesbian Women, Midnight Cowgirl, The Madness of Queen Georgina, The Magnificent Seven Feminist Cowgirls, Micheala Mouse, and no doubt many more!

"300 Shades of Gay"
    Tired of her reliable, but boring husband Georgo - who happens to be the king - the Queen of Sparta flees the city, accompanied by her BFF ever. Now these two women, Thelmis and Leonida, set out on a road movie across ancient Greece, meeting Athenian sailors, Locrian soldiers and of course lots and lots of thespians. They are shocked and excited when, in a narrow thoroughfare, a tall, dark stranger with powerful arms makes a pass at them. Is it true that gorgeous Xerxes and his vast entourage are only on a bucket list fun trip to collect samples of water and earth from all cities in Greece? And is he a better ruler than Georgo? Unable to choose, Leonida summons all the sisters she has met, to make up a gaggle of 300 fearless worrier princesses to help her make up her mind.

"Hot Springs... Hot Springs? No. THIS IS SPA!"

Average score on Rotten Critics 103.4 %.
    Box office score: - 103.4 USD.

M

'Worrier princesses'. Is that intentional? Even if not, it's good!

This time, yes ...

M

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

New Zealand discovers Prozac and makes ground breaking film..Once Were Worriers
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    Have to say, I don't think Shapiro's analysis is any good. His boys are and girls are... is excessive. And it makes no actual comment why girls couldn't do the acting in LOTF. It's fiction the actors can do it. The point is more about what kind of political manipulation would SJW producers do with a classic story that made a strong point.

The point of LOTF isn't that it's a group of boys, it's that it's a group of children. Boys add the dramatic edge because of a closer edge to the extremes of behaviour that makes for drama. Putting in female actors would possibly make that look more artificial. That they want to do all female actors is rather telling, that makes it sound like the script writers plan to do a very SJW version, one doubts they'd have the honesty to write the story of the collapse in behaviour and resulting cold blooded otherisation with their precious snowflake cast.

However if they remained true to the story, it would be an interesting retelling that would be pertinent to the times. In these modern times, it is female tribalism and their otherisation of not one of their ideology that is driving the social collapses that are going on, that is disintegrating meaningful and useful order (such as free speech rights and higher education for skills of value and critical thinking) in the name of enforcing change that is based on praising and elevating some special identity groups for just doing their own self serving behaviour.
    Last edited by voidspawn; 09-06-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WontStepUp View Post
    The Lord of the Flies is being remade with all girls.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-point-women/

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...e-planned.html

There isn't any indication at this point that the remake is a co-opt of the story for the feminist agenda, but the feminists are on it nonetheless. It'll be interesting to see how the political demands play out.

I thought they already did a remake...

FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men