Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I a feminist?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    It's a meme type thing, you can tell the purpose is to send people to read avoiceformen, the idea is okay. Could benefit from a bit of light hearted images, make it a little more tempting for sharing. You need to design memes to appeal outside your bubble.
    that was my exact point. i dont think anyone outside of this group would even look at it longer than 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Yeah, but even when we know it to be truth people still think we have an axe to grind with the feminists, that is not what we want, because it makes it easier for people to just dismiss whatever we say as being salty.
    I think that's why it has to be funny but true. But good point, successful memes are anonymous (no pun intended) sticking a website address on it is a bit a of a give away. You'd have to be light hearted and inoffensively controversial. That said it ain't for us on the forum to decide to try and viral market the main site and Paul and the team announced the shift to a focus on men's wellbeing issues.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    that was my exact point. i dont think anyone outside of this group would even look at it longer than 5 seconds.
    Viral marketing ain't that easy, you need a network that is at least one to two steps removed from you and you need some friendly support to get things moving. It's more Lucian's thing to know about. That said the idea, and the idea of coming up with ideas is good.

The notion of a quiz, short, meaningful, funny, controversial etc. Isn't bad. Even with some small recent successes, MHRA isn't being considered as what it really is. It's not a reaction to feminism, the opposite of feminist isn't an MRA. I'd say the reaction to feminism is more like MGTOW and the opposite to feminist is just about any decent person who doesn't want to be a bigot.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    They give the first 25 answers for free, then will need to create an account or something... so that is not going to last... but worth the giggles.
    Giggles is good, and trying out new things is good. The 8 Values Political Test is nothing that advanced and that went pretty viral, getting coverage on youtube channels. Something of that ilk but looking at gender issues etc, could be interesting. Where are you on the spectrum of equality or sommit. With humour all the better.

I don't mind helping on that, it's sommit that could be done from the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    Giggles is good, and trying out new things is good. The 8 Values Political Test is nothing that advanced and that went pretty viral, getting coverage on youtube channels. Something of that ilk but looking at gender issues etc, could be interesting. Where are you on the spectrum of equality or sommit. With humour all the better.

I don't mind helping on that, it's sommit that could be done from the keyboard.
    Ah then go for it... I knew before hand that it was 25 questions and it will go... I was not expecting all this debate abut marketing and giving reasons to feminists for whatever...

If someone think that quiz is what is going to flip feminists and then they will have something to complain about MRAs... lol...

I have news here, they have being complaining for the simple fact that MRAs exist at all, just for existing... the quiz is not going to make any difference...

However this debate you guys have here is a good reminder to me of why I don't do activism... Just seeing people picking up every single part of it, and making an argument on how not helpful it is, or what not...

I don't know how many more open answers there is to get to 25, if someone want it to go faster, just max it out and that will be the end of it...

If someone want to pick up the idea and do it all over again, but different and better and with a pretty design and what not... be my guess, go for it and make one that is perfect and and awesome and will not have any of the problems my quiz have... go for it and make it.