Thread: Article: Duke recruits men for program to fight 'toxic' masculinity

Article: Duke recruits men for program to fight 'toxic' masculinity

Here is the article: https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9749

News of these kinds of programs doesn't surprise me anymore, but I'm still disgusted by the male students who can't wait to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by WontStepUp View Post

News of these kinds of programs doesn't surprise me anymore, but I'm still disgusted by the male students who can't wait to sign up.
    But did you see this one?

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9765

They're limiting SJW's freedom to engage in 'wildcard' activism.
    Trend reversal?

M

Blog Entries

It's a fact that world sucks in many ways. There are males, young men who have been bullied, raised with an abusive addict or violent father, no father at all, or in a thousand various ways had personal experiences that turn them against other men and even being male. They are easy meat for the cult like strategies of feminist indoctrination. Injustice breeds more injustice. These guys want to be white knights, their immaturity makes them easy to shape.

There is also the other flipside, truly pathetic pussy beggars, desperate little jerks that would sell out their best friend so that a girl blows a kiss at them. These types are desperate to become notables in any female movement. Just like paedophiles seek children, these pathetic types seek women. They will turn into the male vindictive feminazi types like Futrelle, try to copy and match the worst male hating female feminist. Then become recruiters for more.

Feminism follows every aspect of the cultism. Just from the statements in the text you linked, you can see the pattern of breaking down one's identity through abusive criticism in order to indoctrinate.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

They are paying any money to participate?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post
    It's a fact that world sucks in many ways. There are males, young men who have been bullied, raised with an abusive addict or violent father, no father at all, or in a thousand various ways had personal experiences that turn them against other men and even being male. They are easy meat for the cult like strategies of feminist indoctrination. Injustice breeds more injustice. These guys want to be white knights, their immaturity makes them easy to shape.

There is also the other flipside, truly pathetic pussy beggars, desperate little jerks that would sell out their best friend so that a girl blows a kiss at them. These types are desperate to become notables in any female movement. Just like paedophiles seek children, these pathetic types seek women. They will turn into the male vindictive feminazi types like Futrelle, try to copy and match the worst male hating female feminist. Then become recruiters for more.

Feminism follows every aspect of the cultism. Just from the statements in the text you linked, you can see the pattern of breaking down one's identity through abusive criticism in order to indoctrinate.
    Also lots of today's younger men have grown up with their single mother's constantly telling them that their father was evil, and the courts have agreed and punished them, so men must be bad and they have to try to be different, not realising that it's the toxic mother that has caused them psychological problems.

They say that masculinity is "toxic" but fail to explain why. Maybe they don't know, it's just a mantra that they repeat ad nauseam. So how can they find a definition? Oh that's right, ask the men:

"men will participate in weekly discussion groups conducted through an “intersectional feminist lens,” with the hope of helping male students learn an “intersectional understanding of masculinity” and creating “spaces to destabilize masculine privilege.”

Nothing in this sentence says to me that men are privileged in any way.

If I was a student there I'd sign up and they wouldn't forget my contribution! Though I'd probably be kicked out long before the course ended.

Test reply FNG pasting some stuff relevant to this post.
    "The Shadow University" by
    https://www.amazon.ca/Shadow-Univers.../dp/0060977728
    https://fee.org/articles/the-shadow-...icas-campuses/

"Universities have become the enemy of a free society, and it is time for the citizens of that society to recognize this scandal of enormous proportions and to hold these institutions to account." "The Shadow University", by Alan Kors & Harvey Silverglate, 1998 intro. pg.3

"Self-serving spinelessness, not ideology, is what has led to the current catastrophe in our universities." p.313 Submitting to the will of zealots to buy peace during an administrator's tenure the latter must be aware of who or what group is more likely to rock the boat. "Administrative attention, thus, goes to the grievances of those who might occupy buildings, disrupt the campus, and attract the media." p.313 "The Shadow University", by Alan Kors & Harvey Silverglate, 1998

Last edited by crankyarz; 09-16-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    But did you see this one?

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9765

They're limiting SJW's freedom to engage in 'wildcard' activism.
    Trend reversal?
    School administrators are watching closely the events at places like Berkeley, and they must be getting lots of calls from parents who want to know if it's likely to happen at their kids' school. Once it starts impacting enrollment, the administrators are going to act.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspawn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by unheard View Post
    Also lots of today's younger men have grown up with their single mother's constantly telling them that their father was evil, and the courts have agreed and punished them, so men must be bad and they have to try to be different, not realising that it's the toxic mother that has caused them psychological problems.
    Dysfunctional parents certainly play a part. Even if a boy grows up in relatively stable home, he's still exposed to society's tendency to cast men as stupid, perverted, violent, and uncaring. He sees it in the little jokes in commercials, TV shows, movies, and any other medium that goes for the cheap chuckle. If his father or other male role model buys into the female-superiority sentiment, or just keeps his head down, the boy will probably absorb that. Meanwhile, there's a good chance he's getting more direct indoctrination at school. Then he gets to college and becomes immersed in the intellectual-inquiry environment that can be so intoxicating. He becomes enamored with his professors' intellectual power. If any of his professors are into indoctrinating their students, they'll easily dismantle whatever reservations he might have and will then rebuild him.

That's why we need to instill in young men a strong sense of self-ownership that doesn't revolve around women. Whether it's college or anywhere else, there comes that time when we need to let go as they proceed into the world without us. Many young adults are quite vulnerable and easily manipulated by more experienced adults. Society's attitudes toward men being as they are, young men are bound to encounter this. We need to give them the foundation they'll need during that transition into adulthood.
    Last edited by WontStepUp; 09-22-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crankyarz View Post
    i dont agree with this at all

ive been to post secondary 4 times.

i think there are massive flaws within the system but...

she implies people should graduate. but NO they should not. most people are fuck-ups and dont deserve a degree.
    theres already a HUGE gradation curve which makes everyone who TOUGH'S it out graduate. even if they are idiots and dont know anything about their program

just not quitting means you graduate.

so.. her ideas are very flawed and very wrong.

we need LESS people graduating. harder requirements and bars set higher.

thats not to say that there arnt problems

the system is DESIGNED to make them quit. and its DESIGNED to make them pick the wrong course. and its DESIGNED for them to go multiple times (to cash in on them multiple times)

etc etc etc.

but her view is very flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

i do like many of her points after the intro though
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.