Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More than half of contested marriage contracts are overturned.

More than half of contested marriage contracts are overturned.

"Lawyers spend a lot of time drafting them and clients a lot of money paying for them—and yet it’s estimated that more than half of contested marriage contracts are overturned."

"In almost every case where a marriage contract (or part of a contract) is overturned, the courts are trying to right that imbalance."

"and she didn’t believe that Chris had willingly signed the contract. Judge Greer felt the duress was “subtle and psychological"

Love and War in the House of McCain: inside the divorce that exposed the famous family’s deepest secrets

It's a four year old article, but nonetheless, more than half of contested marriage contracts are overturned! Let that sink into your brain. Even with a prenup, you're still rolling the fucking dice! All they have to do is complain that they were under "subtle and psychological" duress when they signed, and of course the feminist system will go in their favor.

Marriage: It sucks! DON'T DO IT! If you've got money and assets and you're stupid enough to marry, you deserve to fucking lose it all!
    Last edited by oldblueeyes; 10-16-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!

Senior Member GreatStrengthWithin's Avatar
    I always laugh when I hear a dude say get a prenup. If only he knew. It's not going to save your ass anyway.
    "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)

Modern sexual relations : "Hey asshole, just pay up."

Sometimes I am a bit naive... when I read the title of the post, I though that this means the marriage contract was void... like if they were never married at all...

Nope... what it means is that any clause to protects the man's money gets tossed in the trash... I am guesing the other half of contracts that dont get tossed like this is because they just don't have this kind of clausules in there...

Then there is this line:

"For Chris, this wasn’t nearly enough. She estimated her monthly household expenses—including $4,092 in property taxes, $6,000 in landscaping, $20,000 for clothing, hair care and aesthetics, among other costs—at around $215,000. In an effort to cover these expenses, she’d taken out a line of credit in the amount of $231,000 and then dipped into her investment savings—the $300,000 signing bonus had since grown to roughly $780,000. Between July and December 2011, Chris blew through her available cash and was unable to keep up with household bills. In January 2012, while she was buying groceries, her debit card was declined."

Looks like this lady have a great talent to spend a lot of money, no a single line in the whole article talks about how much money she makes... what a useless cow...

just saying hi from abroad

well they seem far nicer with an accent.........well I suppose untill it gets screechy lol, have a good one gents

p.s. what they call a hurricane we call, gusty, maybe even windy.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    well they seem far nicer with an accent.........
    Don't come back married!
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!

On DGM (the Don't Get Married forum) a person claiming to be a male lawyer came on and announced that properly written pre-nups are valid. I did too much legal research as a counselor of divorced men, and knew instantly she was lying through her teeth. Note I said her teeth. I also knew instantly it was a dearie lawyer.

We kept jawing and eventually she messed up and said, "...yes, but..." In all my 75 years, I have never once heard "...yes, but..." come out of a male mouth. And, I called her down. She admitted she was a dearie.

Almost every state has divorce laws which specifically provide that a judge can toss out a pre-nup if the results would not be "fair". I don't remember the exact and usual wording. But, judges can usually do almost anything if they justify it with suitable legal explanations. So, anyone who tells you pre-nups can protect you is a d**n liar. Nearly all state laws specifically say that very thing.

Essentially, if you take her out of the slums and move her to Silk Stocking Avenue, the rest of her life will be on Silk Stocking Avenue, and at your expense. Even if she commits adultery; even if she tries to kill you.

To fully understand divorce law, a person must read UNCLE TOM'S CABIN, and THE KEYS TO UNCLE TOM'S CABIN. When you marry you have the status of a black slave. No legal rights or protections, and no appeals can save you. Your goose is cooked, forever.

Full disclosure: I have been married 42 years and do not recommend it to anyone. Not at all in the USA. Marriage in Mexico might be more tolerable, but in Mexico you can get very good wives to engage in private marriage, the difference between that and shacking up is the couple really believe they are married without government interference. And, after while, theri families and neighbors also consider them as really married. Shacking up they know very well they are not married.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

lol

eeeee, there not all git posh, like we's are

common as bloody muck, and right daft, and all

aye but, yer only a couple o pints from buying em knickerdroppers, now arent ya.

go on then, I'm just avin ya on!

at least you guys get to see it in print, try and figure it out verbal, at speed and with a thick accent.
    Last edited by menrppl2; 10-21-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post

at least you guys get to see it in print, try and figure it out verbal, at speed and with a thick accent.
    didnt i just show it in video? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.