Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More than half of contested marriage contracts are overturned.

Its definetly a con, but, its a bit like buying swamp land in Florida and then whinning your insurance wont cover flood damage.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    Or, I might view it as an attorney wishing to get paid to write one for you, well knowing it will be overturned by the court, and the attorney will get paid for an impossible attempt to uphold it.
    You can't trust a fucking lawyer even when you're paying them to supposedly act in your interest; their interest always comes first. Bastards/bitches.
    Stay single and prosper!

Unfortunately, the state is out of control in all areas of our lives. The marriage contract issue is a symptom of the cancer that is devouring us. I'm supportive of MGTOW, but I also realize that some men will get married. We need to reproduce at replacement value, at least, and the family seems to be best stabilizing force for children.

The government should be forced out of the marriage business. It should have no say in the relational arrangements of consenting adults, and it should offer no specific benefits to marriage. Stable relationships can be an advantage, but not with the power of the state biasing the scales. Marriage should be contract law, period. People should be allowed to decide for themselves how it will work, including the consequences when it doesn't work. Its a simple case of letting people manage their own lives, and holding them accountable to their informed decisions and willful actions. Our current system is grounded in assumptions of female hypo-agency. Ironically, it assumes they can't be trusted to sign contracts in their own interest. I love when the culture undermines its own narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblueeyes View Post
    You can't trust a fucking lawyer even when you're paying them to supposedly act in your interest; their interest always comes first. Bastards/bitches.
    yep. i know this from experience. its ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.