Thread: Open Letter to University Mens Organizations

Open Letter to University Mens Organizations

I'm working on my letter now. It would probably be a couple pages of text if I print it out in it's present form and I doubt anyone would want to read such an extensive communication. But the ideas and thoughts are in place to present the young male leadership on campus.

In essence it presents the dilemma young men are faced with on entering their Freshman year when so many young women are there with no interest in higher education but rather with the agenda of finding a husband and provider. Thus this establishes the need for young men to become aware of the MHRM on entering a College or University. MRA organizations could serve their need for building a network while investing themselves with information that will serve them for a lifetime.

Those upperclassmen in leadership roles should know of these matters and pass it along to the new male students in Freshmen orientation. Inviting them to become involved, informed, and be part of a growing network early will better enable them after graduation so that when they are cast into adverse work circumstances they will have experience and knowledge of how to abide it.

As a person who ran that gauntlet in pre-internet times, I know first hand
    how demoralizing and alienating it can be. Women had networking magazines like Cosmo and Ms while the men gathered at the Bar and grumbled to each other. Women in the workplace in those times were organized to soldier together against the men that they saw as a threat, were jealous of their talent, or simply didn't want another male in their midst for whatever their reasoning.

So, I'll continue working on my "letter" until I have it's theme and form crafted as a palatable document that a College Junior or Senior student leader could embrace. Walls of text often yield marginal returns from young men and this is much too important to allow that to happen.
    http://djsaan.homestead.com/Succubi2.jpg

RE: Open Letter to University Mens Organizations

Quote Originally Posted by NO MA'AM
    I'm working on my letter now. It would probably be a couple pages of text if I print it out in it's present form and I doubt anyone would want to read such an extensive communication. But the ideas and thoughts are in place to present the young male leadership on campus.[...]
    Hi (no ma'am),

victor.zen has been tasked with setting up a men's group, I think, in Georgia (?) - see his thread on 'group formation' for any ideas you can incorporate, or use.

Also see how Sarah Santhosh is going about setting up a men's group in Toronto (Ryeston U / RSU)...

The MRM and MRAs are often tarred as "male supremacists" and espousing bigoted views, so openly proposing a need for awareness of the MRM may be counter-productive.

Perhaps, rather start by proposing the need for a group in every university to study and discuss men's issues, due such observed trends as: decreasing numbers of men achieving tertiary qualifications, absence of scholarships for men (other than sport), marginalisation of men's interests by bodies such the judiciary, police, health research, public health, etc...

Wow, thanks for the input an resources billybob, that's much appreciated.

This open letter will likely be a work in progress for awhile and I may send it around via PM for some of the others here so they could offer their thoughts.

I'd like to include links to some of the best web sites and message boards
    that would serve the interest of young collegians and weave them into the fabric of this mens movement in whatever capacity that they would choose to be involved. It may only start out with awareness and talking points where they may realize that they don't have to buy into what they have been indoctrinated with since youth and have been led to accept.

But that would be enough of a goal for me to achieve to make it worth my
    effort. Others could use or modify this to their needs and spread the word of their quest by tailoring it to their specialized niche. I'm looking at
    University student leadership as a way of passing on information to new male students on campus. It would be nice to see a culture arise from this where they could pursue the directions most salient to their own interest. Hopefully that may foster the formation of interest groups around
    campuses.

I would see students with interest in academic debate, law, health care,
    psychology/counseling, teaching, and so on finding their first new horizon since high school this way. Those who can look back and remember College days may remember the enlightenment they felt when they fell in with other guys they never knew before and were exposed to new thinking
    and from that learned to think for themselves.

Understand I'm not at this point with any one mens group or any particular web site or message board in mind. Just the means to attract
    attention and invite investigation to this thinking regarding mens rights.

Quote Originally Posted by NO MA'AM
    [...]
    As a person who ran that gauntlet in pre-internet times, I know first hand
    how demoralizing and alienating it can be. [...]

So, I'll continue working on my "letter" until I have it's theme and form crafted as a palatable document that a College Junior or Senior student leader could embrace. Walls of text often yield marginal returns from young men and this is much too important to allow that to happen.
    ooh. I had nearly forgotten about this article on Montana State U, and success by Chris Thompson and Harry Crouch and the NCFM.

Notice also what Chris Thompson (established the NCFM chapter at MSU) encountered regarding universities' kangaroo rape courts.

btw,
    • "Christopher J. Thompson is Campus Ambassador for the NCFM - National Coalition For Men. He is leading a workgroup to identify other campuses suitable for an NCFM campus chapter. If you are a student at a university and interested in helping establish such a chapter please contact Chris a chris@aggrandized.com ."

victor.zen has been tasked with setting up a men's group
    More or less. TGC might not be the place I thought it to be. They do not want me forming a new group with them, but I plan to start my own regardless. Stay tuned in this respect.

@NO MA'AM: Please consider posting your unfinished letter with a disclaimer telling us that it is unfinished. It would be easier to help you write it if we had the letter establish the context.

I'm reading and researching now. I've wanted to check with some people
    at the University and Colleges in my area to see what may already exist there concerning the MHRM.

I agree, it would be beneficial to all wishing to contribute to this to
    have the first draft posted. As I started this project, I realized
    a need for organization that I hadn't anticipated earlier. Understanding how
    this work would flow through the student leaders channels may help
    in crafting it to accomplish those ends while gaining the support of those
    receiving it.

Quote Originally Posted by billybob

The MRM and MRAs are often tarred as "male supremacists" and espousing bigoted views, so openly proposing a need for awareness of the MRM may be counter-productive.
    I never got where everyone gets their sources, seriously. :exclamation: