Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Simpleman VS TheNarrator

Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post

If a 1800 is in a board against a 2200... what is the best plan for the game? play obscure openings that probably the 2200 have not study that well, get in a closed pawn position in the middle game, don't open columns, trade knights, and hope that he can't open columns or simplified material through the middle game... In the endgame, look for stale positions, and eventually archive a draw... That is correct... a 1800 can hope that he can draw a 2200, not a easy thing to do, but with the right strategy and some luck, maybe...
    keep thinking that way. it seems to suit you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

I was talking about the tournament you won...
    dude i was a kid. and it was 20+ years ago. (ITS ALSO BEFORE THE INTERNET DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?)

im NOT a chess enthusiast.. get it?

fuck you're stupid. disingenuous and idiotic.

like i told you before. we're done talking. you're getting discord or thats it. you get insults from me.
    Last edited by TheNarrator; 10-25-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

I was not declaring victory... The Narrator have this tick... he declares that he is leaving and never again answering back... then he came back with more... As he have done this so many times before, I am predicting he will do it again... so knowing this I would not dare to make any declaration of victory at all... that's just one of his old tropes...

I have being thinking about this you say here... a lot actually... the thing is that I am a strongly believer that through this debates there is growth archived... the bad is that the majority of the people does not have the training to to keep it cold... maybe I should just do debates with people that is versed on that...

I don't really have all the talents you think I have... for instance, I don't see myself doing any leadership...

When I was in high school there was this other kid that was of the bully kind... I am mostly of the nerd kind, though I can be a real jerk when I want to... or at least I like to think I can be a real jerk... anyway... this other kid was very popular, he complement other kids a lot, and that way he worked out the group... with nothing more than simple compliments and pretending to like the other kids... they followed his leadership... so he built a click, and he used them as weapons... for example he would claim that I caused a great offense on him and will ask them to ignore me and don't talk to me at all... all on secret rooms and meetings that they thought I had no idea about...

There is no question about it... he was the leader in the classroom, I was just the kid that they ignore because the popular kid said so... that is when I figure out I can't really be a leader on the classroom... I have not leadership skills... I barely have any people's skill... to be honest.

So that is how things are... if you want me to be a leader of anything you will have to basically take on the task of show me how to develop the skill...

Edit:

how to easily win on chess accordingly to the narrator:

"understand after not playing chess regularly for 18 years i had to use fucked up tactics. mostly making opponents THINK i have a plan and really just trying to trade units as best i can while fending them off."

I don't think he understands what it takes to be a 2200 chess player... but yeah... easily win by picking up hanging pieces...
    I can relate. I was the kid in the band walking the halls with my uncool Trombone or Baritone, yet ran track and played a bit of football. The guy who played on the Defensive line but was the one who got the linemen in the locker before the popular guys because I could run faster. The loner destined to never be that guy who used their well-practiced wears on others, always observing, never participating. That guy in football who people offered cokes to anyone who could hurt me. Years later it is still a running joke with my classmates.

I'm not sure when things clicked for me, It might have been the time I took on my middle school bully in high school. He sent his goons after me and I kindly explained to them the torment and bullying during middle school and explained to them that they'd have to beat me up every day because I had a bone to pick. That bully suddenly apologized when he realized he had no back up when his buddies left him to his own devices. Then the leadership onus was on me to let it go.

Leadership is an action, not a skill(mostely). I learned a lot about bullies and in particular those who are cowards behind their machinations/manipulations and decided not to be that guy. State my case and walk away. Stay out of the rubble which many want to drag you into with their debate.

I'm not saying this is the problem between you and the narrator in this case, but it is clear you two are not going to come to terms and see eye to eye. It comes down to who is going to walk away and go about their own business and leave the other alone(leadership). In weeding through this mess between the two of you it ultimately comes down to "who" won't let it go and is being the bully. Perceptions.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    I can relate. I was the kid in the band walking the halls with my uncool Trombone or Baritone, yet ran track and played a bit of football. The guy who played on the Defensive line but was the one who got the linemen in the locker before the popular guys because I could run faster. The loner destined to never be that guy who used their well-practiced wears on others, always observing, never participating. That guy in football who people offered cokes to anyone who could hurt me. Years later it is still a running joke with my classmates.

I'm not sure when things clicked for me, It might have been the time I took on my middle school bully in high school. He sent his goons after me and I kindly explained to them the torment and bullying during middle school and explained to them that they'd have to beat me up every day because I had a bone to pick. That bully suddenly apologized when he realized he had no back up when his buddies left him to his own devices. Then the leadership onus was on me to let it go.

Leadership is an action, not a skill(mostely). I learned a lot about bullies and in particular those who are cowards behind their machinations/manipulations and decided not to be that guy. State my case and walk away. Stay out of the rubble which many want to drag you into with their debate.

I'm not saying this is the problem between you and the narrator in this case, but it is clear you two are not going to come to terms and see eye to eye. It comes down to who is going to walk away and go about their own business and leave the other alone(leadership). In weeding through this mess between the two of you it ultimately comes down to "who" won't let it go and is being the bully. Perceptions.
    Well there is nowhere else to go here, honestly, but what you say... So I guess this debate is over.

ive only told the truth. simpleman is too stupid to even see that. and he "demands" i prove it with some sort of recorded history..its before the internet..LOL he has no idea

I am not entering this debate, don't even know what it is about. I am going to comment on the "Before the Internet" comment.

IN general on the men's boards, there is the opinion that men of my generation did nothing at all to stem the feminist attack on men. There were a number of activists at every stage, starting in the mid-60's. We did not get any press, because the left wingers controlled the press. So, out of ignorance, and since there are no links to our work, people today simply assume nothing at all happened.

And, if men of my generation do publicize our work, every insult is cast at us.

Personally, I don't care much any more. The collapse coming soon to a nation near you will render it all moot

But, there are people who think men should be political activist. Male activism never worked and never will work, because no matter how good you are, women control the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    I am not entering this debate, don't even know what it is about. I am going to comment on the "Before the Internet" comment.

IN general on the men's boards, there is the opinion that men of my generation did nothing at all to stem the feminist attack on men. There were a number of activists at every stage, starting in the mid-60's. We did not get any press, because the left wingers controlled the press. So, out of ignorance, and since there are no links to our work, people today simply assume nothing at all happened.

And, if men of my generation do publicize our work, every insult is cast at us.

Personally, I don't care much any more. The collapse coming soon to a nation near you will render it all moot

But, there are people who think men should be political activist. Male activism never worked and never will work, because no matter how good you are, women control the vote.
    Well... in modern times things are way different now... we can advertise all the things we do... still archiving the same as the guys on your generation... but at least we show how hard we try... LOL

But honestly... feminism was this bad even back in those days?

Well... in modern times things are way different now... we can advertise all the things we do... still archiving the same as the guys on your generation... but at least we show how hard we try... LOL

Yes, although different.

M

Of course it was. The only difference is today they have it sort of automated. All these horrid laws were established during my activism.

To be honest, I don't see very many trying hard, except Elam and friends. Most just type anonymously. I agree with this; failure to do anything means men today have no rights and no protections.

Also, since it was proved that activism for men's rights cannot work when women control society and have no empathy for men it makes no sense to waste your time.

Two solutions. First, inpat, and enjoy the decline. Second, and better is expat.

here's one of the many things simpleman spoke about to which he has no idea.

i mentioned the girlfriend wants to buy her dad a house before we go off and he (simpleman) goes on a rant about "YOU CLAIM SHE WANT NOTHING AND NOW SHE WANT A HOUSE" etc etc etc.

so. i havnt worked in 3 years almost steadily(that means i still make a bit more $$ than simpleman does in his full years. but not enough to equal her earnings or even close.

we buy the house. its under our names. its 13 000$ to buy a house. the house is worth easily 200 000$ and her dad will make it worth MORE he already has plans for extensions etc.

now i didnt even earn the 13k. or barely. not half.

but half of that 13k is mine

so is that house half of that house is mine by canadian law. 50% of common law earnings are yours. so she's out earned me. but our share is still mine.

so i invest about 5k of my money. and i get a 200 000 $ house which will increase..within 15 years..

terrible investment simpleman you are right im a loser.

but simpleman being true to his name, he thinks im being "HAD"

this is the level of misunderstanding and projection simpleman brings to the table.

its EVERYTHING. i bring up one instance here to just.. show his dishonesty but everything he reads. he manipulates to fit whatever he wants it to fit.

he does not inquire about specifics.. he JUMPS to conclusions and just becomes relentless. im guessing thats the autism.....
    Last edited by TheNarrator; 11-14-2017 at 01:35 PM.