Thread: its all about dinner, a simple test

its all about dinner, a simple test

Hi Guys,

this is a simple story about a real simple test to work out if you are with a CB

we had the farther in law visiting. and we decided to go out for dinner and a movie.

my wife at the time and daughter decided that they wanted big stodgy amercian dinner i wanted something lighter. but i hoped we could all agree on a compromise and do the big stop another night. both of them spat there dummy out had a tantrum and went to the truck stop. but instead of going in i drove off i had had enough i needed some time alone. so i came back after their meal to collect them and pick up her car after some work. we went to the cinema and got the tickets. i said i am going to grab some food and drinks what do you want. i turned round and they had gone in. i just said fuck it left went home in my car and chopped some wood.

the signs are there if you open your eyes.
    train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose Yoda

to thine own self be true!

(i read the christmas story as well)

seems to me your family was pretty dysfunctional. not just them but you too.

there were lots of red flags. but they wernt about misandry or gynocentrism so much as that you guys just didnt work.

i truly believe that red flags are always there.. men have been trained to ignore them and just take shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

hi TN yes it was. but i am coming out the other side, i have done great work and progressed a long way from that point.

glad to hear it bud. life sure is freaking weird.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

glad to hear it bud. life sure is freaking weird.
    i am starting to write my life story, warts and all.

Cathartic. Did my own a few years back, after having written a journal for 20 years. Then started on a comprehensive history of the family tree, based on memories and life stories written by ancestors. Totally revamped my perspective on my parents, and all the predecessors back six generations. Some handed down stories turned out to be lies to cover up embarrassment, others to conceal culpability. But the biggest eye-opener was discovering just how far back feminism existed. The essence of your tale goes back generations. The first wave of feminism wasn't a century ago, but coincident with the Revolutionary period in this country. It was just not as noisy and organized. The core of it on my mother's side extends all the way into Sweden.

Keep at it. It will not only help you break the mold, but quite useful to the inquisitive of posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post
    i am starting to write my life story, warts and all.
    ive been meaning to do the same but i never do.

It certainly requires a strong motivator. And it is subject to writer's block. I've been stagnating for six months on winding up my parents' stories. Part of the lack of inspiration is due to seeing my mother in full relief as a typical female (she married at 15), and not quite knowing how to present her in a fair light. That dilemma is worse in my dad's case. He was a religious fanatic to his last breath and never saw the world for what it actually is, nor was he ever honest about himself for what he truly was. It's hard to balance such negative characteristics with the good things they also deserve to be remembered for. After two years on the project I have a ways to go. But I'm determined to get 'er done. For the first time in recorded history, we now have the means to pass to future generations details about our forefathers with the hope that Man as a specie will "come of age" as Santayana inferred. The Sumerians tried in their own way to preserve that knowledge, and here we sit with barely 20% of it translated without a good Rosetta stone. I waited too long and now I AM the oldest generation still alive.

Like any other project in life, I just had to outline what and how I intended to get it done, and then discipline myself to carry it out. The boost in self-esteem, self confidence, and achievement like anything else labored on is worth all the effort.