Thread: 14, New Here!

Talking 14, New Here!

Hello! I'm CheesyBorders, from Newfoundland, Canada. After a few events at my school,as well as my already present beliefs about Men's Rights, I've decided to join this community. You see, my school goes from a Kindergarten To 9th grade system (I'm currently in 9th grade, so I've known most of my classmates for almost 10 years now). I'm friends with most people in my class, but almost all of the women in the junior high wing can't stand me. I assume this isn't because of my appearance, as I've dated about 3-4 women from my school in the past two years. My best guess is that because of my honesty, and my opinion that I voice regular, is what ticks them off so much. I'm from Newfoundland, so if you'd like to know about what Men's rights is like here, I'll be happy to tell you a few of my personal experiences:
    1:About a week ago, a few presenters came into our school to talk about feminism and gender diversity. They went from grades 5-9 showing a video from the CBC (I wish I had the video, but it should be easy to find on the CBC website) on how feminism works. It wasn't very good, it's part on feminism and men just related to "If you are a male involved with feminism, you should understand when it is not your turn to speak." and even brought up White privilege for one part.
    Most men, and even a few women in our class thought the video was pretty awful, but a few of the skeets (Newfoundland term for deadbeats) went on about how we all need to be "equal" and how great feminism is. The next thing they did was hand out these pamphlets on feminism. I wish I still had them, but they were from Memorial University. Honestly, the presenters were assholes, and when I told them what I thought on gender and feminism, they kept responding with "Ok." and "Anyone else?".
    2:Throughout the year, MUN offers many programs in our school for girls in Junior High, such as techploration, which is pretty much just a 7 day field trip for the girls in grades 7-9, where they learn about technology and other stuff like that. The problem I have with these events is that the boys in our school don't get the same opportunity to go on these field trips, and because of this, women generally get more free time and extra credit opportunities in our school than men. Another problem I have is that most of the girls that go on these trips have little to no interest in programming, engineering, on anything like that, and most of them just use these trips to take pictures of themselves and take time off of school.
    3: In my school, there's a good few female bullies who pick on me and a lot of my friends. They usually make fun of my friend "John's"(not his real name) acne, and how passive he is towards confrontations. She and her friends also make fun of other men in the class, and get away with it all of the time. When John went to the office to report on her, he was told to "Man up" and "Stop being a wimp". After this, I decided to make a pretty bad decision: I made fun of "Kayla" (not her real name) by saying her makeup made her look like a domestic abuse victim, and how she had 4 eyes, 5 if you counted the mole on her neck. Obviously, this was a really stupid thing to say, and I deserved to be punished for it.
    However, I believe my punishment was over the top. When I was called down to the office, Kayla shoved me on the way and called me a "Fucking asshole". I ignored her, and continued on my way. When I got down to the office, my punishments were: I had to apologize verbally to Kayla in front of the whole class, and I had to write an apology to her by letter. Unsurprisingly, when I gave her the note, she said "That's right" smugly, and walked to class. A few hours later, as I expected, she took a picture of my apology note on snapchat, with the caption "LOLOLOL, What a stupid bitch! cryingface emojix3" I decided not to tell the teacher, as I felt I would just get myself involved in more pointless drama.
    I joined this movement to see how you people feel about this. If you would like to know anything else, please let me know! Thanks for reading!

a geniune Newfie. wow!

Talk like a pirate?

My missus has a mate over at the moment from Bristol, Englnd... Orrite me Luvverrr ? very funny.

anyway.

I'm so sorry kayla that I pointed out how your makeup makes you look like a tramp. I sincerely promise never to draw everybody's attention to that again.

The apology note:
    for apology tennis please see page 2...

and on the other side...

For apology tennis, please refer to page 1
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Ahaha, thanks for the comment! I do talk like a pirate a good bit, but it's not as Irish as most people think. My language is pretty much just a mix of the french, British, and Irish.

Mate, I'm in Australia here... looks like its pirates as far as the eye can see.

So Kayla's make-up was a little bit Jack Sparrow?

You can try and take my dignity ... Id rather walk that plank.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Ahaha, I guess you could say that. I'm well loved by most of the teachers and students of my school. It's just the rising number of slacktivists and douchebags that's kinda annoying me. Other than that, newfoundland is a great place! Never seen a riot here in my life, never seen a violent or disruptive protest, most people here are generally peaceful.

heya cheesy, we have a couple people from the east coast. im from gaspesie and my family lived all over the east coast.

welcome to the forums ;]

and.. i think you're a very mature and intelligent young man. keep your head down. dont bring on too much grief. and stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

My advice here is to not engage them anymore, don't even look at them... that is a fight you can't really win...

In your situation, I would focus in making the grades, have my own plans for prom night, and probably look into a career that does not require a university degree... so you don't have to expose yourself to 5 years to the the most finest form of feminism there is out there... think on careers that are skill based, where employers don't really care about how many degrees you have in the subject, but actually in how good you are at performing the job.

I do web development, a profession where people want to see a portfolio of the websites I have built, but nobody have ask me for a college degree...

If you are into computing science I can give you some tips in how to be successful in this, and no having a degree...

welcome CheesyBorders!