Thread: #metoo de-constructed and solved

#metoo de-constructed and solved

Simply put, the left is about anti-authoritarianism.

It's not about allegations against men.

It's about allegations against /powerful/ men.

Essentially to make an example out of "authority figures."

So why bring down left-leaning authority-figures and not right-leaning authority-figures?

Because bringing down left-leaning authority-figures creates MOMENTUM to hopefully do damage to Trump and other right-wing figures like Roy Moore.

In other words, sacrifice your generals to hurt their generals.

Especially since you're not really sacrificing anybody.

AFAIK nobody has been arrested or jailed, they have simply been shamed out of public view, where ostensibly Harvey, Lauer and crew can eventually grovel their way back into the good graces of "male feminism."

This is definitely NOT some off-the-cuff "movement" but a well-organized political decapitation strike against "male authority" starting with the left and then moving to the GOP.

I think this fading actresses are trying to get all this men out so they can try to get their jobs...

And, yes... none powerful men are also getting burned on this... it just does not make it to the news... but it is happening.

Also I think part of the situation is that the Right does not care for sexual harassment...

For example when the comment Trump made about grabbing women by the pussy... they though that releasing the tape was going to definitely destroy his political career,,, when it seams like... it actually benefited it instead...

So they must have figure out that only lefties care about their moral outrages against patriarchy... the Righters wear those sexual allegations like badges of masculinity... almost like the more women accuse them, more status they gain amongst themselves...

A career destroying accusation, for the right, is for instance a gay scandal... but... as long as it is with women, the right is fine....

So on that perspective, the left only have possibilities of archiving something, by accusing the people that actually cares about that stuff... other lefties...

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Simply put, the left is about anti-authoritarianism.
    Theoretically, yes ....
    A lot of the smaller, "ideologically pure" ones are very much hardliners wrt. requiring members' obedience.

It's not about allegations against men. It's about allegations against /powerful/ men.
    Same thing. The non-powerful men do not exist on their radar, so only the powerful men are "the men".

Essentially to make an example out of "authority figures."
    Nah ... essentially to make these little, shrunken, head-hunter-souvenir type decorations out of living men.
    Not because they're authority figures.
    Female authority figures like Madonna or Beyonce or Hillary or Lean-In Sandberg and such and all and sundry are fine.
    Men, however, c'est autre chose ...

So why bring down left-leaning authority-figures and not right-leaning authority-figures?
    Because bringing down left-leaning authority-figures creates MOMENTUM to hopefully do damage to Trump and other right-wing figures like Roy Moore.
    In other words, sacrifice your generals to hurt their generals. Especially since you're not really sacrificing anybody.
    AFAIK nobody has been arrested or jailed, they have simply been shamed out of public view, where ostensibly Harvey, Lauer and crew can eventually grovel their way back into the good graces of "male feminism."
    Good analysis. I agree with the momentum thing; however, I think that that is more of a secondary and hoped-for effect.
    Like Gandhi/Brits, the prominent leftie men publicly adhere to that code which is now used against them.
    MeToo is hatched by people who have discovered the joy of taking a baseball bat to a porcellain shop.
    Now that it has taken on global dimensions, the possibility of dislodging _every_ man from power glitters in the future.
    So taking them all down has emerged as the Final Solution now, thanks to the massive attention, in no small degree enabled by the media.
    But I don't think anoyone could have foreseen the massive response ... that is reported in the media ....

This is definitely NOT some off-the-cuff "movement" but a well-organized political decapitation strike against "male authority"
    Definitely.

starting with the left
    Yes. Sitting ducks.

and then moving to the GOP.
    Now, yes. Then .... not sure.

M
    Last edited by Manalysis; 12-07-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    the Righters wear those sexual allegations like badges of masculinity... almost like the more women accuse them, more status they gain amongst themselves...
    IRC Napoleon B., when his wife accused him of infidelity, is said o have answered:
    "I have the right to respond to every allegation made against me with a thunderous "Yes I Am!" "

So on that perspective, the left only have possibilities of archiving something, by accusing the people that actually cares about that stuff... other lefties...
    'Only' ...? Not sure. But it _does_ work on lefties, nothing unsure about that.

M
    Last edited by Manalysis; 12-07-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    'Only' ...? Not sure. But it _does_ work on lefties, nothing unsure about that.

M
    Well... it did not work on Trump, and other rights...

Of course the lefties are going to try to boycott them and don't talk to them or something... but then again... it is like... they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Well... it did not work on Trump, and other rights...
    Well, it worked on Bill O'Reilly, so at least one conservative. Are there really no others?
    So ... since touching people's knee is not as such a punishable offense ... part of the 'mechanism' must be some local rules about workplace hostility and such. A policy made for men to fall foul of. Where that does not exist, it's harder to dislodge them. And it's probably more prevalent on the left side of business (tertiary and quaternary industries like media, IT, liberal arts etc.) than on the right side (primary and secondary industries).

Of course the lefties are going to try to boycott them and don't talk to them or something... but then again... it is like... they don't care.
    Hmmm ...
    In the good old days, 2016 and further back, abusers-in-chief were, I guess, protected by the nature of the misdeed.
    A woman accusing a man of having made her his whore would see that accusation rebound and impact herself more than the man.
    So ... metoo is a campaign of fallen women claiming they're not down there on their backs, but in fact upstanding persons of character?

M

Quote Originally Posted by Manalysis View Post
    Well, it worked on Bill O'Reilly, so at least one conservative. Are there really no others?
    So ... since touching people's knee is not as such a punishable offense ... part of the 'mechanism' must be some local rules about workplace hostility and such. A policy made for men to fall foul of. Where that does not exist, it's harder to dislodge them. And it's probably more prevalent on the left side of business (tertiary and quaternary industries like media, IT, liberal arts etc.) than on the right side (primary and secondary industries).
    I don't know... I think Hollywood is very unregulated... pretty much however that can afford it, can make movies... Though there is a couple of clicks.. whoever that can afford to make movies can certainly afford to create his own click... But that does not stop the women to try to take down the boss, and see if they can then be the new boss... though... the boss is... the people with the money... they didn't though that one trougly.

Hmmm ...
    In the good old days, 2016 and further back, abusers-in-chief were, I guess, protected by the nature of the misdeed.
    A woman accusing a man of having made her his whore would see that accusation rebound and impact herself more than the man.
    So ... metoo is a campaign of fallen women claiming they're not down there on their backs, but in fact upstanding persons of character?

M
    Maybe there is some of that too... I can imagine all the other prostitutes around here thinking... all they get is a couple hundred dollars... maybe they all travel to hollywood to see if they can hit one of those good paying customers...