Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesNunya View Post
    LOL I brought the topic up of him saving up instead of spending all of his money. He got mad, threatened to move out now. I went to the local grocery store, grabbed a bunch of boxes from a friend that works there, came up and gave them to him. He got over it real quick.
    so what happened?
    he's gonna save now?
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    We'll see. This happened less than 24 hours ago.

k, i recommend talking to him. not bullying him. but thats me.
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Blog Entries
    I didn't bully him. I called his bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesNunya View Post
    I didn't bully him. I called his bluff.
    in a way you did. you could have handled it a lot more neutral.

but its hard to do that when its two men dealing with issues like these. either way it turned out okay i think.

Advice?

Yeah my advice is don't pick up bums off the street.

They're there for a reason.

Not because they "lost their job" or "hard luck."

But because they usually have deep deep problems that no one can fix.

I support the state providing shelters and programs for people who show up and want to be helped.

That's about the best we can do. It's ALL we can do.

In the old days there used to be mental institutions.

Now we house the mentally ill in prison.

Which oddly enough seems to help.

See, the #1 thing that helps with mental health is having structure. A routine. Wake up at 8, breakfast at 9, exercise at 11, etc etc lights out at 10pm.

Structure promotes mental stability.

You see people playing video games until 4am, eating cereal for dinner, their sense of order breaks down and their grip on reality starts to slip.

Most people can handle it. Some people can't.

Couples are usually healthier than singles, because they keep each other in check.

Again most people can handle being single. Some people can't.

i am kind of with dubs on this.

except.. young people really want guidance and.. not sure they all qualify as bums.

at those years..they are still salvageable!!...sometimes anyways.. okok, rarely....lol

Blog Entries
    Yeah, well, this "bum" now has his GED, his ID, a job, and is currently looking for a bank. I know the kind of people you're talking about. They're the hippies my friend hangs out with. The ones I initially put him up with. I could tell from the way he didn't fit in with them that he wasn't the same kind of person. That's why I took a chance on him.

like i said. kids respond well to boundaries. i think you're doing good..just.. also lucky and.. be careful

ya be careful is good advice......no good deed goes unpunished....lay down with dogs youll get fleas.

ive found helping ppl with hard luck stories, leads to you featuring in there next hard luck story......and cops and courts love to take down supposed perps, for supposed victims.

sadly, a lot of down on there luck types, tend to see wanting to help types, as rich easy marks...... it will be other do gooders, blindly looking to feel noble, that are the real danger for you, and help for them.......best let the proffessionals help them, than leave yourself open to getting hurt yourself.

its just nature of the beast, the proffessionals don't got any help for the down and outs until they got someone respectable to point a finger at.
    Last edited by menrppl2; 01-18-2018 at 04:57 AM.
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.