Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Fuck Your Opinion" with Victor Zen: Objectifying Women

"Fuck Your Opinion" with Victor Zen: Objectifying Women

This is FUCK YOUR OPINION with Victor Zen

Men should stop treating women like objects!
    Men don't treat you like lamps or footstools, but if you are a hot
    woman, can't you just be okay with the fact that guys just might want to fuck you?

God damn, there is nothing wrong with that. A lot of us were born that
    way. If you would not trash gay men for liking dick, don't trash straight men for liking tits.

Oh... I'm sorry, does that bother you? If so, why? Why the FUCK are you
    getting bent out of shape about heterosexual males feeling what comes
    naturally to them?

You suck.

RE: "Fuck Your Opinion" with Victor Zen: Objectifying Women

It does seem very strange to me. I see many people advocating for women's freedom of sexuality and pride in their sexuality without any sort of regard or constraint whereas male sexuality appears regularly vilified.

I think there is this narrative where males are all sex crazed chumps without any depth and females are suffering the misfortune of having depth and being forced to interact with romantic prospects that are so far beneath them. Females, of course, being romantic while men are sexual.

It seems to me that women are not restricted or oppressed in their sexuality as per feminism's depicition, simply that there is a set of special words and proper language to use when discussing female sexuality such that they can do whatever they want but remain completely pure and safe at the same time. Men want sex and women want love, for example.

It all seems very bitter, petty, and spiteful to me. Would it not be better to view sexuality as benign when it does not do anyone any harm regardless of the sex of the person in question?

I find myself tired of trying to prove my worth as human being as if there is an onus upon me to prove that I am in fact not despicable. It also seems to me so very short-sighted. I see so many older women that are what I would describe as bitter spinsters. Divorced multiple times and typically gold-diggers. Some of them are successful gold-diggers. But they remain spiteful, bitter, petty, and angry. And they hate younger women and the freedom of female sexuality that they once thought so fine.

They have forged their own unhappiness and that of others.

And of course, it is a simply ridiculously hypocritical contention. Men think of women as objects? Men admire women's beauty, to be sure, but what woman remains on a sinking ship to save a man?

What woman marries a man below her station? What woman marries a man who does not make enough money? What woman marries a man who is not a equally or more attractive level then her?

This is not an absolute I am sure, but I never knew of any female who wanted a male partner because of the good man he was on the inside. Only his measurable value of money, power, body, and utility matter and that seems far more like the description of a useful object then a person to me.

Dr. F

G'day Victor.

Joisas! You sure are passionate about the objectification-shaming-feminist thing aye?

I like it.

Of course the rebuttal can come from another field and that is, "Stop treating my body as a workhorse that pads your purse with hundred dollar bills for your expensive lifestyle", or "A wallet is an object and my body is not to be conflated with that wallet shaped object thank you very much mam."

How about the old classic bartering number, - "That object (pointing to her muff) is mine tonight after this object (pointing to your body) takes that object out (pointing to her rubbish bin) and mows that object (pointing to her lawn). Then, after that object (pointing to her) and this object (pointing to yourself) are done rolling about on that object (pointing to her bed) then this object (pointing to yourself) will pick up that object (pointing to your car keys) and walk out that object (pointing to her front door) whilst waving this object (pointing to your other hand) while this object (pointing to your mouth) makes the noise, 'Goodbye for now'.

The deal can collapse or be ratified with the closing enquiry:

I do hope there are no object-ions with the suggestion you are acting like a whore mam.

LoL, I objectify my wife all the time, matter of fact I tell her when I'm doing it. I think there is a little sense of perversion because she likes it.

Anyway, this whole discussion is about control. Women want to control how men view them; if it is a man they are attracted to, It

Just tell them that they should wait until they hit the magic age of 46. At that point women apparently become "invisible" to men (according to numerous articles), and then the big complaint is that men don't pay any attention to women.

Women want attention. Getting that with positive or negative ways - it doesn't matter.
    The moment a woman rejects a man, it's actually the same thing as trying to be 'pretty' and 'sexy'. It's all about attention...
    How can't people see it's all about biology and automatic behavior?
    Women will always try to manipulate men. Always. Saying whatever logic doesn't help. There is no rational thought(without automatic emotionalism).

Quote Originally Posted by Albatros
    How can't people see it's all about biology and automatic behavior?
    Women will always try to manipulate men. Always. Saying whatever logic doesn't help. There is no rational thought(without automatic emotionalism).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKveOsIieHg[/video]

Quote Originally Posted by corbyworld

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKveOsIieHg[/video]
    Pretty much like that

Quote Originally Posted by ComradePrescott
    I think there is this narrative where males are all sex crazed chumps without any depth and females are suffering the misfortune of having depth and being forced to interact with romantic prospects that are so far beneath them. Females, of course, being romantic while men are sexual.
    The problem I have with "being romantic" is that it's inevitably just a series of hoops you are expected to jump through. I've found that the more practical people are, the less romantic they tend to be.

My first girlfriend and I got along really well. I never bought her a present, took her to dinner, or spent any money on her. Likewise, she never spent anything on me. On occasion we would have something that we both wanted to do, and we would figure out the cheapest and easiest way to do it. Most of the time, we would just hang out. Cooking, studying, and sex.

At the time I felt really guilty about not being romantic enough. By the standards set by society, we had a remarkably unromantic relationship. I talked with her about this, and she said that she didn't want me wasting money on her.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the idea of romance is really arbitrary. In my opinion, functional relationships work in spite of romance, while dysfunctional ones are more likely to be built around romance.

Quote Originally Posted by victor.zen
    If you would not trash gay men for liking dick
    I'm in ur threads objectifying yer trousers

If you got tones, I'm here to lower them.

Actually in all seriousness, since victor.zen brings it up, how would you feel about gay male eyes on your body? How would you feel about being the object? Flattery? Disgust? Laugh it off?

I'm not asking this question to shame anyone, and I am aware that in the scenario I am asking about there may other factors at play that inform your reaction, I just feel it adds another dimension to the objectification question and its important, I think, to at least be honest with ourselves.