Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an open letter ... to us

an open letter ... to us

http://charlesclymer.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/an-open-letter-to-voice-for-men.html
    sigh

I have never--not once--seen MRAs, especially your own website, publish an article addressing the gender wage gap, the severe underrepresentation of women in every sphere of power, or even something as basic as sexual harassment.
    well we did do a Domestic Violence thing
    Are there any more an open letters ... to us out there
    Interested in men rights activism in the Sydney area ?
    Go to mensrightssydney.com

RE: an open letter ... to us

My favorite quote:

"As a man, I have never seen more egalitarian people than those involved in feminism. They have consistently and warmly welcomed my opinions and fought for men who are victims of gender roles. Further, those few women who do, in fact, hate men have been resoundingly shouted down by the vast majority of feminists as bigots."

I suppose if you repackage feminist dogma a regurgitate it to them, they will like what they hear. As for feminists shouting down man hating bigots and extremists, anyone see a shout down of the Radfems or that nutjob femtheist? Yea, I though so.

And another quote:

"This is one of my favorite quotations out of your entire letter, the idea of being obligated to bear half the responsibility. I have seen feminists constantly speak out on the inequity men face in both court custody battles and infant circumcision, to name a few issues."

Holy fallacy Batman! Really, feminists actually speaking out for men in the inequity of court custody battles and circumcision? Damn, I'm going to need some proof on those assertions.

Charles Clymer self identifies as a male feminist. I guess that is all that is needed to get an understanding of what his motivations are in the feminist movement. Perhaps he wants to be an alpha male feminist to dictate policy.

But we are uniformly privileged. It's not our fault, but denying that men don't have an obvious advantage in society simply for possessing a penis is really a sterling example of self-denial. And claiming that we don't have an obligation to address this privilege is ridiculous.

As I have said, time and time, again: Not addressing one's own privilege is like refusing to help put a room on fire in your own building because it's not your room.

No one is blaming you for being born, Mr. Wadsworth, but failing to recognize the head start you've been given for having an XY chromosome is ridiculous, bordering on either extreme naivete or outright dishonesty.
    That is some sick shit. What kind of world does this man want to live in? A world where people walk around with whips punishing themselves for supposed privilege?

I have seen feminists constantly speak out on the inequity men face in both court custody battles and infant circumcision, to name a few issues.
    Citation badly needed. Please just one verifiable feminist.
    Not a woman who took a gender studies class in college and decided that that kind of feminism wasn't for her. Those people are egalitarians that have been fooled into thinking that feminism is an equality movement at it's heart. No I mean a bigwig feminist like someone with ties to organizations like NOW, someone with clout. Please show me this magical unicorn.

I have never--not once--seen MRAs, especially your own website, publish an article addressing the gender wage gap, the severe underrepresentation of women in every sphere of power, or even something as basic as sexual harassment.
    http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/where-is-the-counter-argument/

[quote]And yes, I

Well... We ARE dismissing him. He's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by victor.zen
    Well... We ARE dismissing him. He's an idiot.
    Right- but not simply because he's a male feminist, we're dismissing him because he makes a series of ridiculous assertions which he then proceeds to fail to back up with evidence.

In other words, he's an idiot. But you are much nicer than me, Scruffles.

My favorite line from the original Lindy West post that started this all is the admonishment:
    It is not enough to be neutral and tacitly benefit from inequality while others are left behind through no fault of their own.
    And she's talking to men... as a feminist. Love it.
    Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the Patriarchy. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no Patriarchy.

Apparently, women get only 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. We only have 23 cents left, but feminists insist they want the rest.

The link leads to nowhere. I guess he took it down.

Any young man who thinks he has inherent privilege just because he has a penis, has been completely brainwashed. I was shocked at how anti male the public schools were when my daughter went through them, and how much help is piled on women with no corresponding centers, programs, or special offices dedicated to men's problems. Even my spell checker treats us as second class, it flags "men's", but not "women's", as incorrect spelling; apparently men aren't allowed to possess anything.

Male Feminists are mostly just buttering up women, hoping that by posing as protectors of women from those other, "Bad Men", they'll improve their chances of getting laid.
    Liberty, Equality, Humanity

HAHAHAHA. I was checking out his blog and found this nugget.

http://charlesclymer.blogspot.com.au...killed-by.html

Title:Men Are 32x More Likely to Be Killed By Lightning than Falsely Accused of Rape

Do we even need to read this to know what is in it?

A total brainwashing victim.
    Liberty, Equality, Humanity