Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto

RE: Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by pbw
    You do not have to sign up. Lot of other persons attend --it is the UFT after all. Also there is a way to stop others from seeing what meet up groups you belong to - go the help section. Lastly times are changing - I find when you tell others you are a MRA or interested in men issues, others respect you and become interested in your views.
    Thanks, found it. I had looked before but only saw the option to hide my interests.
    As for times changing, I hope you are right. But our club tends to attract a lot of left minded people, more than a few feminists are members, including our Treasurer. Close to 800 members, it would only take one to get up at arms and our forum board turns into a flame war generator... it's been relatively peaceful for over a year now, and I want to keep it that way.

She was pretty bold and sharp intellectually, and it seemed the few men there were too fearful to question her. Since it was my first feminist event, I decided to keep quiet and not say anything in case I may have gotten targeted. As far as Equality -- it is the main platform for the feminists -- so if you ask about men seeking equality, they usually do not take you serious and begin to cite all the male privliges that have and continue to exist. The feminists are pretty skilled in debating and come up with all kind of statistics.
    Ok great. Since we have the truth behind us we can play them at their own game . We just need to know what stats they produce, if true we support it, if not we call their bullshit with stats of our own. Wish I was there to hear what stats they were quoting to be ready for next time.
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldwinBravo
    You do not have to sign up. Lot of other persons attend --it is the UFT after all. Also there is a way to stop others from seeing what meet up groups you belong to - go the help section. Lastly times are changing - I find when you tell others you are a MRA or interested in men issues, others respect you and become interested in your views.
    Thanks, found it. I had looked before but only saw the option to hide my interests.
    As for times changing, I hope you are right. But our club tends to attract a lot of left minded people, more than a few feminists are members, including our Treasurer. Close to 800 members, it would only take one to get up at arms and our forum board turns into a flame war generator... it's been relatively peaceful for over a year now, and I want to keep it that way.
    BaldwinB I too am left leaning but who also believes in equality. Sounds like I would enjoy being a member of that group actually. Would you mind telling me which is it or PM me in confidence. Thx Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris3337

BaldwinB I too am left leaning but who also believes in equality. Sounds like I would enjoy being a member of that group actually. Would you mind telling me which is it or PM me in confidence. Thx Chris

Sorry Chris, I missed that message.
    I think you may have misuderstood... it's not an club for activists, just a riding club that tends to attract left leaning people.
    If you happen to ride a scooter, motorcycle or even a gas powered moped, you're in no problem

I think we need to get some posters up around the Terminal Barbershop on Bay st.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/11/15/toronto-haircut-mcgregor.html

Quote Originally Posted by BaldwinBravo
    I think we need to get some posters up around the Terminal Barbershop on Bay st.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/11/15/toronto-haircut-mcgregor.html

Someone should try to use a female only fitness club in Toronto (or elsewhere in Canada) and throw out the same human rights complaint when denied access -female only spaces highly outnumber male only spaces. Actually, why not do it at a DV shelter?

I snapped some photos of some interesting feminist misandry the other day. It looks like some groups idea of a joke.
    I don't know if there anyone here has seen it. I posted it on my blog. I hope it's alright to link it here.

http://www.culdesachero.blogspot.ca/2012/11/feminist-protest-art_19.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by culdesachero
    I snapped some photos of some interesting feminist misandry the other day. It looks like some groups idea of a joke.
    I don't know if there anyone here has seen it. I posted it on my blog. I hope it's alright to link it here.

http://www.culdesachero.blogspot.ca/2012/11/feminist-protest-art_19.html?m=1
    Where is that? I think I need to do a little postering in that area :@

RE: Toronto Canadian Association for Equality looking for volunteers

Equality Canada (the group that put on the Warren Farrel talk last week) is looking for volunteers in the Toronto area. Being based in the UK myself I was unable to help but in my twitter exchanges with the group I said I would ask here if any AV4M supporters who live in or near Toronto would like to help.
    Hope I'm not out of line putting this notice here as I am neither webmaster, founder or a site admin here but I am working on assumption that AV4M and Equality Canada share enough mutuality of goals that it will be seen as a positive - if I am wrong about that I apologise and by all means feel free to withdraw this message.
    I don't know the details of the voluntary work specifically as tweet limitations don't encourage much fine graining.
    If you are interested in helping though the best way forward is probably to send a tweet to the group stating this code "AV4MVOL" and ask them for further details of how you might be able to help. The code is just to let them know that you are responding via AV4M as I told them I would pass on the request for help made to me (this was before they realised I was not based in Toronto myself on a permanent basis) to any of you guys here who might live in or near Toronto.
    You can contact them on twitter by tweeting to @equalitycanada or email @ info@equalitycanada.com but please be sure to put the "AV4MVOL" code in both the tweet and\or the email so that they will know who you are and that you are interested in volunteering.

Canadian Association for Equality tweeted me this morning with the following information:-
    "..the Canadian Federation of Students just voted to condemn our groups. But all this attention has only made volunteer recruiting easier! "

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMan
    Canadian Association for Equality tweeted me this morning with the following information:-
    "..the Canadian Federation of Students just voted to condemn our groups. But all this attention has only made volunteer recruiting easier! "
    Thanks in large part to what you have written Tigerman, I did join CAFE, paid my membership, and have been in contact with someone who has a few things that I can do for them that match my skillsets, so thank you for your persistence.
    From what I have seen, they are setting some very high standards that men's movemenets in the rest of the Anglosphere could look at and emulate. I admire their reasoned stance during that whole Warren Farrell debacle at U of T, the calm manner in which it was handled really highlighted who the hate-filled lunatics are, and it sure isn't the men's rights movement.