Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toronto

RE: Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMan
    Canadian Association for Equality tweeted me this morning with the following information:-
    "..the Canadian Federation of Students just voted to condemn our groups. But all this attention has only made volunteer recruiting easier! "
    Thanks in large part to what you have written Tigerman, I did join CAFE, paid my membership, and have been in contact with someone who has a few things that I can do for them that match my skillsets, so thank you for your persistence.
    From what I have seen, they are setting some very high standards that men's movemenets in the rest of the Anglosphere could look at and emulate. I admire their reasoned stance during that whole Warren Farrell debacle at U of T, the calm manner in which it was handled really highlighted who the hate-filled lunatics are, and it sure isn't the men's rights movement.
    Wow delighted you made contact with them - I am also very impressed with them. Lets face it they are deep in hostile territory and everything they do is being scrutinised carefully I'm sure.
    Even though they seem squeaky clean their enemies seem determined to misrepresent what they are about so even the slightest bit of anything that could be construed as "ammo" by their bigoted opponents would undoubtedly be jumped on, distorted and exploited for all it's worth.
    They are a smart bunch and represent a real vanguard to rolling back the socially destructive forms of feminism that rooted itself in academia then outside into the very mainstream - this as now rather tiny group represents the beggining of the fightback to restore some sanity and decent standards first on campus then outwards to link up with other efforts to eradicate the "blue meanies" cult of mainstream feminism in the wider community and in our institutions.
    The snowball has started rolling down the hill!

Wow... that was a lot of words!

Talk - "How the Press (Mis)Covers Gender" April 30

Journalist Robyn Urback joins us to discuss

"How the Press (Mis)Covers Gender"

Thurs April 30, 7PM
    Claude T. Bissell Building
    Rm 205
    140 St. George St.
    University of Toronto

Event July 16th at the Canadian Centre for Men and Families hosted by CAFE.

Who’s Your Daddy?
    A Panel Explores the Experiences of Gay Fathers

All fathers deal with challenges, but gay dads may experience unique stigma. Our next public event hosts a panel exploring the experiences of gay fathers, featuring CAFE member Alan Fournier.

How does a gay man become a father? What reaction do gay dads face from friends, family and the public at large? What resources are available for these families?

Date: Thursday, July 16th, 7:00PM (set your calendar: all events the third Thurs, monthly)

Location: Canadian Centre for Men and Families (152 Carlton St, Unit 201)

Are you a gay, bi or trans father? We want to hear from you!

Contact us if you want to share your story or join our panel
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Event July 16th at the Canadian Centre for Men and Families hosted by CAFE.

Who’s Your Daddy?
    A Panel Explores the Experiences of Gay Fathers

All fathers deal with challenges, but gay dads may experience unique stigma. Our next public event hosts a panel exploring the experiences of gay fathers, featuring CAFE member Alan Fournier.

How does a gay man become a father? What reaction do gay dads face from friends, family and the public at large? What resources are available for these families?

Date: Thursday, July 16th, 7:00PM (set your calendar: all events the third Thurs, monthly)

Location: Canadian Centre for Men and Families (152 Carlton St, Unit 201)

Are you a gay, bi or trans father? We want to hear from you!

Contact us if you want to share your story or join our panel
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Next CAFE event tomorrow

Minority Men against the Law

Male domestic violence victims mocked by police. False allegations sending men to prison. No access to your own kids for years at a time.

Rehan Khalil has heard it all. He runs Toronto’s only legal assistance clinic dedicated to men.

Join us for a lively conversation about the legal issues of minority men.

Date/Time: Thursday, August 20th at 7:00 PM

152 Carlton St., Unit 201, Toronto.
    http://equalitycanada.com/event/mino...n-against-law/
    ― Pythagoras