Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A hard question - By a timid guy D:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Tate View Post
    theplummer,

There may be no disagreement between us. As you describe it, that's what I think MGTOW is, too. It doesn't mean that men can't have relationships with women, it simply means that a man will have decided what kind of relationship is acceptable to him and what is not acceptable. He will engage with women on his own terms. He won't fool himself into thinking that if he continually concedes to her expectations and submits to the expectations of society that somehow it will all turn out all right.

He'll know that he has to protect himself emotionally, financially and in every other way, because society will not lift a finger to protect him. He'll be aware that very few women in contemporary society even know how to respect a man, after so many decades of the constant denigration of all things male. So if he wants a relationship in which he is respected, then he'll be aware of how difficult that will be to find. He'll know that marriage will place him in a position of legal disadvantage, that parenthood places mothers in a legally advantaged position over fathers, and he'll be unlikely to lay himself open to such exploitation and heartbreak. (After all, if a woman knew that by having children she had to accept that her husband was free to kick her out of her home and steal her children at any time he thought fit, then how many women would be willing to accept motherhood on those terms?)

If a man is not willing to accept the inferior status alloted to him by society, then this will rule out certain life-choices that ought to be available to him but aren't as society is presently constituted. If he will not settle for anything less than equal respect and equal entitlements, then as you say, "If there are no women out there willing to at least give me that, then I'll be content to myself". Just so. A MGTOW isn't an asocial survivalist forest-dweller living on berries, he's simply a man who won't collude in his own exploitation or accept society's demands that he must treat a woman better than she treats him, that he must respect a woman while she fails to respect him, that he must support a woman who does not support him. And if this refusal to cooperate with society's demands means that he must live alone, then so be it. MGTOW doesn't mean that he has to live without female contact, but it does mean that he insists upon living with self-respect.

So you're essentially saying the MGTOW Charlie solves the problem by poking a hole in Feminist Lucy's football...

Brilliant strategy. He might get to kick it yet.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by menrppl2 View Post
    a union may not be the protection you think it is
    Statistically, you may be correct. I only belonged to one union, and it protected my job. Being the most hated op-ed person in our city had no effect whatsoever on my job as long as I kept it mostly outside the factory.

But, you make a good point. Not all unions may provide this protection. I am sure I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
    So you're essentially saying the MGTOW Charlie solves the problem by poking a hole in Feminist Lucy's football...

Brilliant strategy. He might get to kick it yet.
    An older and wiser MGTOW with a technical background would get a piece of wood, a wire coat hanger, take a pair of pliers and make a football tee, and tell Lucy to go **** herself and kick that football over the moon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    An older and wiser MGTOW with a technical background would get a piece of wood, a wire coat hanger, take a pair of pliers and make a football tee, and tell Lucy to go **** herself and kick that football over the moon.

LOL!

+10lolchars

Account not Activated
    Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZkJAx8FycI

Blog Entries

ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY FOOL HEAD OFF!!!

That is fucking hilarious!