Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grumpy Old Man is now a Moderator

RE: Grumpy Old Man is now a Moderator

Even though I am new here and still learning the ropes, I have seen enough to know they picked the good man for the job. Congratulations and thank you for volunteering.

Does this mean you have to stop being grumpy?

I missed this thread. Great choice. Congrats grumps and thanks for the public service.

While I'm here, a thanks to all mods and Paul and everyone for this site. The guys who contribute the way you do, and the chicks too, is a real thing and has helped me personally. It's an awesome site and at the top of the list of my faves. The good that I see here for boys and men often blows my mind. What you all do by contributing like you do, well, you should be fucking proud of yourselves. Congrats again grumps. Keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilwer
    Even though I am new here and still learning the ropes, I have seen enough to know they picked the good man for the job. Congratulations and thank you for volunteering.

Does this mean you have to stop being grumpy?
    Hell no! I earned it.
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by justice007
    I missed this thread. Great choice. Congrats grumps and thanks for the public service.

While I'm here, a thanks to all mods and Paul and everyone for this site. The guys who contribute the way you do, and the chicks too, is a real thing and has helped me personally. It's an awesome site and at the top of the list of my faves. The good that I see here for boys and men often blows my mind. What you all do by contributing like you do, well, you should be fucking proud of yourselves. Congrats again grumps. Keep it real.
    Keeping it real...thx.

You have the touch!
    You have the power!

Quote Originally Posted by MrScruffles
    You have the touch!
    You have the power!
    You know what a six foot mouse says to a cat?

Here Kitty Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man
    You have the touch!
    You have the power!

Here Kitty Kitty!
    Are you still a moderator? It's not clear to me at all who is still a moderator besides Paul and Admin. I know there was supposed to be a reconstruction month and then an announcement, but maybe I missed it.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by christo930
    You have the touch!
    You have the power!

Here Kitty Kitty!
    Are you still a moderator? It's not clear to me at all who is still a moderator besides Paul and Admin. I know there was supposed to be a reconstruction month and then an announcement, but maybe I missed it.

Chris
    Christo, yes we did reorganize and currently have three moderators, myself, Reyeko, and Malcolm. TMOTs is now the lead Admin and pretty much lets us run the show and answers our questions. We have let the members self moderate as a whole and have been participating in the forums and generally just being one of the guys. A pleasant surprise is everyone (members) have done a great job and understand the importance of letting folks discuss issues and not degenerating into a hate this hate that forum but one where open discussion and facts are at the forefront. With that our job has been easy; sit back enjoy the discussion, boot spammers and participate as members. So I take it as a complement that we aren't at the front of your view...I'm still Grumpy though and get to say them as I see them.

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showteam.php

Quote Originally Posted by christo930
    You have the touch!
    You have the power!

Here Kitty Kitty!

Chris
    Christo, yes we did reorganize and currently have three moderators, myself, Reyeko, and Malcolm. TMOTs is now the lead Admin and pretty much lets us run the show and answers our questions. We have let the members self moderate as a whole and have been participating in the forums and generally just being one of the guys. A pleasant surprise is everyone (members) have done a great job and understand the importance of letting folks discuss issues and not degenerating into a hate this hate that forum but one where open discussion and facts are at the forefront. With that our job has been easy; sit back enjoy the discussion, boot spammers and participate as members. So I take it as a complement that we aren't at the front of your view...I'm still Grumpy though and get to say them as I see them.

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showteam.php
    Yes, it's kind of funny and cool that we went through this period where there was very little visible moderation (I didn't see any) and pretty much everyone acted like an adult (that I saw). Not bad for an internet forum! But I'm glad that you're back.

Chris

The nice thing about self-moderation is that it is tremendously effective when the community subculture develops. Outliers are easy to spot from that point on.

Christo,

As GOM stated.. if you dont see/hear us, then we are doing our jobs correctly. And as such, the membership is doing it in a way for us. This is the AVfM way.

TMOTS
    Al