Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: West Australian Domestic Violence Hotlines.

RE: West Australian Domestic Violence Hotlines.

Uh, I really can't recall. Too much time has passed for me to remember vividly. I will look around my computer in the folders where I think I would have placed it, but I can't figure out if I didn't name it (i.e. the picture is called "eov01" or something random, or if the reason why my searches have no results is because I deleted it at some point.

Edit: yeah, I am sorry, looks like I may have deleted it. I can't seem to find it.

It's not that important mate. I know it didn't have that last sentence, I just wanted to see the "before" again to see if there were any other changes. Now they just need to put that sentence up to the front like the women's. I think it was done reluctantly after denying us and then having to be approached by the Premier's office. They wouldn't have liked that, and so made sure it went to the back. This has been pointed out to the Premier's office, so we'll see. How fucking hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by justice007
    It's not that important mate. I know it didn't have that last sentence, I just wanted to see the "before" again to see if there were any other changes. Now they just need to put that sentence up to the front like the women's. I think it was done reluctantly after denying us and then having to be approached by the Premier's office. They wouldn't have liked that, and so made sure it went to the back. This has been pointed out to the Premier's office, so we'll see. How fucking hard can it be?
    It didn't. From the wayback machine for 2012

Regards,
    Seaforth.

I took a snapshot on 15th August 2013.

[quote]
    [b]Domestic violence helplines
    Women

I just wrote a long post and deleted it by mistake. What a bitch!

Short version. NSW helplines are worse. Scroll down and you'll see us listed after the RSPCA. So they'll look after the girls, AND THEIR PETS, before us.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/docs_menu/parents_carers_and_families/domestic_and_family_violence/dv_line.html

Action needed here too. I've learnt that no-one else can do shit, so go straight to the Premier's Office.

http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/contact

Keep it real dawgs.

Hi

I find this situation interesting to say the least.

The original text on the website clearly portrays women as victims, and men as perpetrators of DV. Your complaint has highlighted a glaring ommission that may have left them open to action from an aggrieved person (see reply from EOC ). Thus they added the information about men who require assistance as victims of domestic violence, and thus avoiding any action. I believe that more should be done to correct the imbalance on the page but doubt very much that it will, given that the author would have to face their own misconceptions.

Things that i take from this:

1. That those who are perpetuating the myth that women are the victims, and men are the perpetrators make mistakes that may leave them open to legal action.

2. That i am glad that there are eyes on the street spotting these myths and doing something to rectify them in spite of significant resistance.

3. That you have achieve something by getting the service to provide help for men who experience DV? It's fair to say that they weren't doing this until you complained.

Well done Justice007

Regards
    Tony