Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Canadian Association for Equality

  1. #1

    Canadian Association for Equality

    http://equalitycanada.com/

    This men's group is really taking the bull by the horns. Especially in Universites, it is trying to get Male Studies and Men Centres created. I would encourage all those interested in Men's issues to support this group -- they seem to have made some serious in roads -- and shovelling the gravel.

  2. #2

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Equality Canada's site has been rated as highly untrustworthy on Web of Trust: please help fix it by going to http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/equalitycanada.com and rating them.

    Jason

    Quote Originally Posted by pbw
    http://equalitycanada.com/

    This men's group is really taking the bull by the horns. Especially in Universites, it is trying to get Male Studies and Men Centres created. I would encourage all those interested in Men's issues to support this group -- they seem to have made some serious in roads -- and shovelling the gravel.

  3. #3

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by pbw
    http://equalitycanada.com/

    This men's group is really taking the bull by the horns. Especially in Universites, it is trying to get Male Studies and Men Centres created. I would encourage all those interested in Men's issues to support this group -- they seem to have made some serious in roads -- and shovelling the gravel.
    It's about time. I always felt that it was wrong that there was only a "women's center" at the college. I would rate that site, but I don't feel like signing up for WOT just to vote.
    Ratslicer

  4. #4

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by pbw
    http://equalitycanada.com/

    This men's group is really taking the bull by the horns. Especially in Universites, it is trying to get Male Studies and Men Centres created. I would encourage all those interested in Men's issues to support this group -- they seem to have made some serious in roads -- and shovelling the gravel.
    I agree , it seems to be the only group in Canada trying to get it together. Their advisors appear to have good credentials as well. I sent them the $60 to join (I think cheaper for students). They need to get a presence on campuses as soon as possible to work on mens issues and get some good publicity. If all MRA s in Canada joined we would have a voice finally. We need constant repitition of our issues in the media by a group such as this to have any effect at all. So I too encourage as many as possible to join up.

  5. #5

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Has Equalitycanda.com been initimidated by the feminists at U of T after the "riot"?
    There seems to be no action from them. I joined that group 2 months ago expecting e mail repoprts etc and have received nothing. Have the campus affiliates run for cover , I hope not.

  6. #6

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by chris3337
    Has Equalitycanda.com been initimidated by the feminists at U of T after the "riot"?
    There seems to be no action from them. I joined that group 2 months ago expecting e mail repoprts etc and have received nothing. Have the campus affiliates run for cover , I hope not.
    Hmmm that sounds worrying but as we are following each other on Twitter I will send them a tweet and see if I get a response which I will detail here if so.

  7. #7

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMan
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3337
    Has Equalitycanda.com been initimidated by the feminists at U of T after the "riot"?
    There seems to be no action from them. I joined that group 2 months ago expecting e mail repoprts etc and have received nothing. Have the campus affiliates run for cover , I hope not.
    Hmmm that sounds worrying but as we are following each other on Twitter I will send them a tweet and see if I get a response which I will detail here if so.
    They are still there they sent out a tweet yesterday but what gutted me is that they only had 99 followers on Twitter!!!! I have more than three times that and I don't do anything like the scale of important work these guys are doing. What the fuck is up with Canadian men - I live 3,000 miles away and I feel dammed well priviliged to be able to follow them and support them at least donation wise.
    Sorry about the rant but I needed to get that off my chest because it seems like those guys are not getting the support they deserve.
    EDIT: Oh yeah I almost forgot - their wot rating ( http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/equalitycanada.com ) is continuing to be unfairly downvoted - it is currently hovering on the border of "red" again.

  8. #8

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Canadian Association for Equality tweeted me this morning with the following information:-
    "..the Canadian Federation of Students just voted to condemn our groups. But all this attention has only made volunteer recruiting easier! "
    Just thought you would all like to know what they are up against.

  9. #9

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    I am just wondering why on their website -Cafe - does not have any membership and donation information -- and how one can be put on their tweet list.

  10. #10

    RE: Canadian Association for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by pbw
    I am just wondering why on their website -Cafe - does not have any membership and donation information -- and how one can be put on their tweet list.
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/equalitycanada

    Become a member or donor: http://equalitycanada.com/about/support-us/

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Students...
    By Shadizar in forum The AVfM Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 11:25 PM
  2. Another Canadian MRA
    By FatApe in forum Introduce yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 03:44 AM
  3. Canadian Association for Equality is... spam?
    By victor.zen in forum The AVfM Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 10:09 PM
  4. An Open Letter to the American Humanist Association
    By raudskeggr in forum MHRM Videos & Internet Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 08:59 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •