Thread: Anti Rape Posters

Anti Rape Posters

I am continuing this thread in here to reduce feminist trolls from catching wind of our plan or quote mining in case this happens.

Just to reiterate for those who may be joining the debate near the bottom. The rape poster campaign is fairly simple. Simply create a poster that presents the male as victim and the female as the perpetrator. I think this should be something we do. I may consider discussing this with my partner in crime to see if s/he likes the idea.

I think this is a good idea, because it will stand out against the image we normally expect to see. It has he potential to draw attention. Even feminist attention. If the feminist world becomes abuzz over this, they may blog about it. It forces many of them into a weird position. That weird position is to not appear like a rape apologist, or to make any statements that contradict the rape narrative already in force. But at the same time, they will be required to diffuse the message that is implied behind this. This is where it might get exciting. If by chance the media got ahold of this (a few dozen downtown, and on a university student centre could possibly do the trick) they may go to feminists for comment. The comments that feminists make may in fact strengthen our arguments against these campaigns. It gives us an additional arrow in our quiver to shoot at thei arguments with so to speak. We can point out that if it is not considered misandric to create a poster campaign like this, then why would it be misogynistic to do the same in other light. Why does it matter who is portrayed as the victim? Why does it matter who is portrayed as the perpetrator? And, I think that as feminists argued that these posters were unnecessary, we could begin pointin out the flaws in their arguments. Or, we would then use their arguments to support ou cause, or attack their cause. This employs a bit of a bait and wait tactic but it is worth thinking about.

RE: Anti Rape Posters

I'll repost what I posted in the other thread on this subject as I am short on time right now:

NO, NO, NO, this is a horrible idea. The solution to a sexist poster campaign that only depicts men as rapists is not a sexist poster campaign that only depicts women as rapists. Just copying what the feminists do and inverting the genders don't make you any better than the feminists.

I'm not saying to not show women as perpetrators and men as victims. I'm merely saying that we should also show men as perpetrators and women as victims. We should also show homosexual rapes of both genders.

Alternate Idea:

We make a poster that says at the top in big letters: "Rape has no Gender" then beneath that we show a selection of pictures of convicted rapists of several genders, sexual orientations, and skin colors (if we have room) each with a small cited story detailing what they did. We put the A Voice For Men logo on the bottom and done.

Now that's something that no one could protest without looking sexist.

I had an idea for a poster from the outside of a hospital room, looking through the window showing an early-middle-aged woman holding a new baby, and a distraught-looking boy outside the room next to the window, and the tagline "First-World Problems: This thirteen-year-old boy now has to pay child support to his thirty-five-year-old rapist."
    Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the Patriarchy. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no Patriarchy.

Apparently, women get only 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. We only have 23 cents left, but feminists insist they want the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lightning
    I'll repost what I posted in the other thread on this subject as I am short on time right now:

NO, NO, NO, this is a horrible idea. The solution to a sexist poster campaign that only depicts men as rapists is not a sexist poster campaign that only depicts women as rapists. Just copying what the feminists do and inverting the genders don't make you any better than the feminists.
    I dislike this attitude, in our culture bashing men is acceptable, by turning their exact arguments against men around on them we highlight this fact. The difference is we are not going around explicitly saying that one gender is responsible for all the evil in the world, we're showing people that it is in fact what the feminists are doing and doing it in government and academe.

I'm not saying to not show women as perpetrators and men as victims. I'm merely saying that we should also show men as perpetrators and women as victims. We should also show homosexual rapes of both genders.
    "of course women commit rape sometimes but it's still a predominately male perpetrated crime and part of male culture that needs fixing which is the message behind [don't be that guy/men can stop rape/etc...]" is the response and it will get and not generate any meaningful result.

Alternate Idea:

We make a poster that says at the top in big letters: "Rape has no Gender" then beneath that we show a selection of pictures of convicted rapists of several genders, sexual orientations, and skin colors (if we have room) each with a small cited story detailing what they did. We put the A Voice For Men logo on the bottom and done.

Now that's something that no one could protest without looking sexist.
    that would have to much on it and not be an effective poster and still would recieve the same response of "of course women sometimes commit rape but it's extremely rare and our efforts should be on addressing the real problem of male rape against females"

Not to mention if we do different posters each showing a different demographic as offender all the ones showing women as offenders will get torn down while the ones showing males will stay up. If we do one poster with both male and female rapists on it then it will get the typical responses previously mentioned or they will scratch off the parts with females and leave only males like they did to one of Dannyboy's posters which read:
    "end violence against women but not men" or something like that and everything was removed except for the phrase "end violence against women"

The point is to get the feminists angry, not for trolling sake or for spite but to get them talking in the public sphere where we can directly rebut their arguments. Those feminist's who went on TV about the don't be that girl posters worked in the background running an organization or teaching gender studies and we never got chance to take their own words and use them against them. Creating controversy through posters to get them talking puts their words out there to be scrutinized and also gets people to come here and see the real issues and arguments and facts. Some people might not like this tactic, might attack us based on it's use but fuck them, if we go in talking all nice and being noncontroversial then we get ignored completely.

"The point is to get the feminists angry, not for trolling sake or for spite but to get them talking in the public sphere where we can directly rebut their arguments. Those feminist's who went on TV about the don't be that girl posters worked in the background running an organization or teaching gender studies and we never got chance to take their own words and use them against them. Creating controversy through posters to get them talking puts their words out there to be scrutinized and also gets people to come here and see the real issues and arguments and facts. Some people might not like this tactic, might attack us based on it's use but fuck them, if we go in talking all nice and being noncontroversial then we get ignored completely."

Precisely. The best way to highlight the hypocrisies of feminism is simply getting prominent feminists to talk. Whenever we do anything that provokes a response out of them, it's quite easy to pick their emotion based responses apart by "smashing the brick of logic on their heads".