Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Testosterone Replacement Therapy

RE: Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Testosterone imbalance can lead to many disorders. Mental instability, Gynecomastia, unwanted aggression, sex addicted, etc can be seen. Most funniest among them is Gynecomastia which occurs when estrogen(female hormone) increases in men that testosterone(male hormone). It results in chest changing into boobs. I have read that using pills an individual can get his testosterone level back to normal.
    Gynecomastia source http://www.gynexinalphareviews.com

I've been on testosterone replacement therapy for a few months and my testosterone has actually gone down so my doctor increased the dose-kind of strange. I've started taking a testosterone supplement on my workout days in addition to the trt. Does anyone know why someone would have low testosterone?

After I had back surgery several years ago, I was on pain medication for almost 10 years. I eventually got sick of taking those pills and stopped over the weekend but that is another story. One of the medicines I was on was Cymbalta. I had a lot of nerve damage in my back from this and this drug was actually created to help diabetics that have nerve damage not the anti-depressant it is advertised as today.

One thing I noticed is that when I took this for about 6 months, I had no libido at all. I went to the Dr to ask him if something might be wrong with my Testosterone levels since I had been on pain medication for so long. He did the blood test and it came back as in the high normal range. Found out it was the Cymbalta causing the issue. Quit taking that and a week later was back to normal.

Reason I am bring this up, is that there are a TON of different side effects from any prescription medication. Check on that to see if something like that might be causing more problems than you think.

Thanks

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/us/a-push-to-sell-testosterone-gels-troubles-doctors.html

Account not Activated

I am not a doctor and have not had such therapy, but as far as I know:
    Hormones can be administered topically on the skin. This has an advantage of buffering the hormones so that system (blood) levels are more stable. Is injection better? Why?

I've read unverified claims of types of testosterone (testosterone undecanoate, testosterone enanthate) which reduces sperm count, so they might be of interest as a male contraceptive. Is it adequate by itself as contraception or useful in combination?

Anyway, too little T can cause some really nasty problems as well, and a total lack thereof can cause remarkably bad issues such as your bones becoming so brittle they can break just from regular walking.
    There are places which perform a "chemical castration" on men (but not women) who are convicted of sex crimes. It is yet another disparity in criminal sentencing of men and women. It suppresses men's hormones at least while they are being issued the poison. I think it is unethical and bad as a general policy.

I'm not sure what the etiquette here is. Some forums get angry when you create a new topic when a previous thread already exists. Others get angry if you post to a long dormant thread.

Anyways, I've dealt with depression since puberty. It's just gotten worse and worse over the years and doctors keep piling on the pills. Within the last year or two, it's gotten so bad that I can't do anything. I work an average of 8 hours a week, and even just that exhausts me for the day.

I've been trying to figure out what is going on with myself for years. Doctors can't figure it out and just have me try different kinds of anti-depressants. So I read a lot about various ailments that could be causing my problems and have the doctor check them. I think they see me as a hypochondriac. I heard about Low Testosterone and finally got around to having it checked. I finally got the results today by e-mail.

The accepted testosterone range is between 249 and 836 ng/dL, and mine is 93 ng/dL. This is seriously bad, right? Should I go see the doctor ASAP?

I'm also confused as to if I've always had this problem all along and that caused my depression, or if the drugs for my depression caused the low testosterone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
    I'm not sure what the etiquette here is. Some forums get angry when you create a new topic when a previous thread already exists. Others get angry if you post to a long dormant thread.

Anyways, I've dealt with depression since puberty. It's just gotten worse and worse over the years and doctors keep piling on the pills. Within the last year or two, it's gotten so bad that I can't do anything. I work an average of 8 hours a week, and even just that exhausts me for the day.

I've been trying to figure out what is going on with myself for years. Doctors can't figure it out and just have me try different kinds of anti-depressants. So I read a lot about various ailments that could be causing my problems and have the doctor check them. I think they see me as a hypochondriac. I heard about Low Testosterone and finally got around to having it checked. I finally got the results today by e-mail.

The accepted testosterone range is between 249 and 836 ng/dL, and mine is 93 ng/dL. This is seriously bad, right? Should I go see the doctor ASAP?

I'm also confused as to if I've always had this problem all along and that caused my depression, or if the drugs for my depression caused the low testosterone.

Post away. Apart from a little surprise when a long-dormant thread heaves itself away from the large rusting pile... no issues!
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobos View Post

How do you know you're 93 ng/dL without having been to the doctor?

I'd suggest that if you're concerned about it, go to the doctor and discuss options.

There are lifestyle changes you can make that might have a positive effect on your testosterone levels.

1. Lose Weight
    2. High-intensity Exercise
    3. Consume plenty of Zinc
    4. Strength Training
    5. Optimize Vitamin D Levels
    6. Reduce Stress
    7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from your Diet
    8. Eat Healthy Fats
    9. Boost Your Intake of Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) from Foods Like Whey Protein

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...ne-levels.aspx
    If you have really low energy (like can't find the energy to do any exercise) then you can start with the dietary changes and see if that boosts your energy enough to get you exercising. Also pay attention to your sleep. If you're not sleeping well that can really suck the energy out of you.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Testosterone decreases with age. If you're 30 with low T that's one thing, but if you're 50 like me and have low T, well that's just part of aging. I'm sure I have low T but why would I want to seek treatment for it, just to become horny as fuck again? I don't think so. Geez women cost me enough as it is.
    Men stay single and your pockets will jingle!