Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Hybrid View

Testosterone Replacement Therapy

I just got on TRT, and it's amazing.

My libido, mood, and energy are all incredible.

I would recommend getting your testosterone checked to any man not doing well.

The bad part is the injections are not covered by insurance.
    Calling someone a misogynist because they criticize feminism is like calling someone a racist because they criticize slavery.

RE: Testosterone Replacement Therapy

I've passingly thought about it once or twice but never took it very seriously. Watched the 30 days episode, but the guy was an idiot and took a bunch of micro nutrients, etc. killing his liver and sperm count.

1. How does one get their testosterone checked? I'd think I have a deficiency seeing as how I was born two weeks late, but I'm not about to start taking testosterone

2. I realize injection is the best method, but how do pills stand on-par? I'm only looking at a small boost if I even bothered with this.

3. How much does it cost on average? I've seen numerous ways to increase testosterone out there, a lot of them simply being snake oil pills, and I'm curious about the cost.

Seems more like an advertisement then a post. I need details

I went to the doctor and I asked to get my testosterone checked. They tested my testosterone using a blood test. I guess there is also a saliva test.

I was told inections were the best method, even though I hate shots. I have to get them lying down-lol but they don't usually hurt

It was 70 dollars for a vial. I get a shot every three weeks. I'm not sure how long the vial lasts, but so far it's been way more than worth it

I think you have to have low testosterone to get a prescription. My testosterone was very low. It was like 200 and the normal range is something like 350-1100
    Calling someone a misogynist because they criticize feminism is like calling someone a racist because they criticize slavery.

Hypoandrogenism is increasingly common in male obesity. It is because there is aromataze enzymes associated with fat that convert androgens down the cascade to estrogens. Hence the development of man boobs with excess weight. Excessive prolonged alcohol use also increases the likelihood of reduced testosterone levels. There is a whole biochemical pathway going on there to do with liver functions
    Weight reduction helps. Building lean muscle mass through exercise helps. Addressing alcohol intake helps.

I'm overweight despite being an exercise addict, and really not eating that terribly bad. Nonetheless, I'm about 50 pounds overweight, and I've been this heavy since my last backsurgery. Fortunately, I forgot to mention in my original post, that does read like spam btw-lol that I've lost ten pounds doing everything I was doing before the trt.

Another side effect is BO, I haven't had BO in years, and also aggression. I surfed today on critical macking waves and I wasn't nearly as afraid as usual-Awosome!

Quote Originally Posted by ptgrenville
    I'm overweight despite being an exercise addict, and really not eating that terribly bad. Nonetheless, I'm about 50 pounds overweight, and I've been this heavy since my last backsurgery. Fortunately, I forgot to mention in my original post, that does read like spam btw-lol that I've lost ten pounds doing everything I was doing before the trt.

Another side effect is BO, I haven't had BO in years, and also aggression. I surfed today on critical macking waves and I wasn't nearly as afraid as usual-Awosome!
    Losing weight raises your testosterone. You're using a method that expensive compared to something cost you zero dollars.

Seriously you need to read this article.
    http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/all-about-testosterone/
    http://www.naturalnews.com/Infographic-Firearms-vs-Doctors-Drugs.html

Testosterone really is pretty handy when it comes to things like additional energy, which can directly translate into extra libido and a better mood, as has been mentioned. As has also been mentioned, however, it can also cause some minor issues as well, especially aggression.

For myself, I got placed on a hormone treatment for a bit because "my levels were a bit off"; no explanation from the doctor, and the drug provided was really vague in it's description of what it actually did.

After a few months and various self-tests of putting myself on and off the drug, after noticing a much more aggressive mindset over time, I figured there was a high chance that whatever this drug was, was probably the cause. So, a little research and... yeah, turns out I'd been handed over (as usual with this horrible doctor) an excessively high overdose of something I didn't even need; this time it ended up being a drug which enhanced the body's production of testosterone.

More energy meant a slight drop in weight, but not enough to offset being so easily irritable and frustrated all the time. In my particular case, I wasn't really interested in having higher testosterone in the first place, and was a bit miffed to be given such without any explanation, and the cons severely outweighed any pros.

Be cautious when it comes to playing with hormone levels, especially testosterone; estrogen doesn't have even a fraction of the effect that T does, since T is simply that much more grotesquely potent. It's easy to overdose, and the negative side effects if you can't burn off that energy quickly enough can really suck in indirect ways that you might not notice immediately.

Also note that some individuals have differing tolerance levels for Testosterone; some will need a smaller amount for the same overall effect, so if your doctor puts you on the standard recommended amount, make sure to watch out for potential symptoms of too much of a good thing.

There's a few places you can go, but I've found this one works fairly well:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/testosterone-side-effects.html

Note that tablets which increase the body's production of testosterone don't work the same way as straight up T injections do, and may cause additional side effects along the way.

Also note that you may be more susceptible to the effects of T than other men, and what may seem "oddly low" may be normal for your body to run on as well, to the point that the recommended amount may actually count as an overdose. Don't be afraid to bring it up with your doctor if you notice something's wrong after starting treatment, or seems out of place, especially if you start growing apathetic/overly aggressive, or if potentially life-threatening issues start to crop up.

And, of course, more than anything, do some research. Check the medicine you're prescribed, and find out how it works, what side effects it can have, and watch for them. The mood ones are particularly nasty, such as apathy, depersonalization or irritability. These are traits which you generally don't notice in yourself, such as your own personal body odor; if you can notice it at all, it's probably many times worse than you think it is, and you should probably check into it immediately.

Anyway, too little T can cause some really nasty problems as well, and a total lack thereof can cause remarkably bad issues such as your bones becoming so brittle they can break just from regular walking. Seriously messed up and dangerous stuff, so if you think you might be a little low, or even if you don't, it might be worth checking just to be on the safe side, especially since it's becoming fairly common for men to have significantly below average T values.

Good luck, and stay healthy! ^.^

You sure excessive testosterone can cause aggression? I read a while back it was an access of estrogen in men that was the cause of excessive aggression. I'll have to see if I can find that article again.

Quote Originally Posted by asci_Blue
    You sure excessive testosterone can cause aggression? I read a while back it was an access of estrogen in men that was the cause of excessive aggression. I'll have to see if I can find that article again.
    Yep, and if you have high body fat your aromataze enzymes will convert T into E

That's a good point about overweight complications with hormones. Deucalion and I once lived with a roommate, an obese man in excess of 350 to 400 pounds. We both noticed that he acts more like a female...overly and out of control emotional, always getting aggressively upset at the slightest issue, like an objective failure whilst playing video games. He also has anger management issues.
    The fact that fat tends to turn testosterone into estrogen. No fucking wonder he has mental issues!