Thread: Anyone Interested in a Sydney meetup?

Anyone Interested in a Sydney meetup?

Hello fellow Sydney-based MHRA/MRAs,

I'd like to organise a get together in the not too distant future with any other MRAs who may be located in or near Sydney.

I was thinking of something pretty casual, maybe meeting at a pub for lunch & a couple of amber refreshments while we get to know each other & maybe plan some FTSU activities if we get around to it. I'd like to make it a regular/semi-regular thing if the first one goes well & people are interested.

Would anyone out there be interested in this? It's always more comfortable putting up posters & doing other street based MRA related stuff if you have backup. As I'm sure many of you have found out, you can feel decidedly...exposed...when you're doing this stuff by yourself.

If anyone is interested, since people are likely to be coming from various parts of Sydney, I thought that somewhere central, close to the city, with public transport options close by would be our best bet but we can discuss this depending on who (if any) want to come & where they are coming from.

As a preliminary location, I was thinking of possibly Newtown since it's close to the city, is well serviced by train (Newtown & Erskineville stations are very close) & busses, & there are a kijillion pubs along King St, giving us plenty of venue options.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, please post so that we can discuss venue, date, time, & anything else that needs nutting out.

Cheers,
    TV

RE: Anyone Interested in a Sydney meetup?

I am in Blacktown you name almost any day on a weekend and A place not far from the train station im there

Good to see the Sydneysiders coming together....

Awesome city!

Quote Originally Posted by Imdefender
    I am in Blacktown you name almost any day on a weekend and A place not far from the train station im there
    Ripper! Good on ya, Imdefender. I was thinking maybe the Sat 12th of October, depending on what others, assuming there are any, find convenient. Sound like a plan to you?

Let's see who else is interested before we make concrete plans though. If nobody else pipes up, I'm happy to just meet with you though.

Looking good so far...Who else is up for it?

I'll send you my phone number

Anyone else in/near Sydney interested? So far it's just imdefender & me. We are going to meet regardless but it would be great if we had at least 3 or 4 of us.

Who else is in the Sydney area & free on Sat the 12th (although that date can be changed if someone wants to come but can't make it on that day).

If nothing else, it's an excuse to get out for a meal & a few beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Good to see the Sydneysiders coming together....

Awesome city!
    Thanks Terence. So far it's just 2 of us though (myself & Imdefender). Nobody else has indicated any interest. I'd say that there would be a couple of others that would come but they probably haven't seen my post.

Don't suppose you have any ideas about how I can spread the word a bit to try to get a few more of those locals notified?

I managed to find a couple of Aussie forum members & sent them PMs but I've had no replies. Any other ideas?

I am glad that Imdefender was keen. He jumped at the opportunity & accepted within 30 mins of my invitation post. He's coming all the way from Blacktown too. I like his enthusiasm.

Good on ya Imdefender!

Quote Originally Posted by tvsinesperanto
    I am glad that Imdefender was keen. He jumped at the opportunity & accepted within 30 mins of my invitation post. He's coming all the way from Blacktown too. I like his enthusiasm.

Good on ya Imdefender!
    Well since I dont know Newtown other then its movie cinema I'm going to rely on you to knaw a good pub or restaurant or somethig that easy for me to get to with public transport its not that I dont have a car I don't wanna bother with parking in the city

Quote Originally Posted by Imdefender
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsinesperanto

Good on ya Imdefender!
    Well since I dont know Newtown other then its movie cinema I'm going to rely on you to knaw a good pub or restaurant or somethig that easy for me to get to with public transport its not that I dont have a car I don't wanna bother with parking in the city
    Mate, there are 20 great pubs with 5mins walk of Newtown Station. Hell, there are half a dozen within 1 min. There's a pretty fucking good one right next door!

Pubs we got. MRAs? Looks like you & me at this stage.