Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: men's rights sydney

  1. #1

    men's rights sydney

    As you may know tvsinesperanto and I met today that was today so we agreed to make men's rights sydney
    So to all interested in men rights activism in Sydney Our next meet up is on the 1st of December the town hall hotel in Newtown if you are interested please contact us here or there
    link

  2. #2

    RE: men's rights sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by Imdefender
    As you may know tvsinesperanto and I met today that was today so we agreed to make men's rights sydney
    So to all interested in men rights activism in Sydney Our next meet up is on the 1st of December the town hall hotel in Newtown if you are interested please contact us here or there
    link
    Yep, it was a very productive meeting. We got to know each other a bit & have organised a few FTSU events for the upcoming months.

    Anyone & everyone is welcome to join us. Come on down, have a beer or 2, & plan some FTSU with us!

  3. #3

    RE: men's rights sydney

    Well done guys. You should reach out to other established orgs if you need advice on stuff.

  4. #4

    RE: men's rights sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by John Q Public
    Well done guys. You should reach out to other established orgs if you need advice on stuff.
    we are in the process of doing so
    Men's Human Rights Ontario does not seem to have a contact us thingy
    But I have sent out requests to both mens rights edmonton and mens rights saskatoon theres even a butten on the men's rights sydney web site called Advice Needed Where anyone can leave us Advice

  5. #5

    RE: men's rights sydney

    Great work fellas. I'm in Perth so can hardly get directly involved, but am interested in maybe setting up a Men's Rights Perth. If we get something like that off the ground, I will happily work closely with you guys.

  6. #6

    RE: men's rights sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by Imdefender
    Quote Originally Posted by John Q Public
    Well done guys. You should reach out to other established orgs if you need advice on stuff.
    we are in the process of doing so
    Men's Human Rights Ontario does not seem to have a contact us thingy
    But I have sent out requests to both mens rights edmonton and mens rights saskatoon theres even a butten on the men's rights sydney web site called Advice Needed Where anyone can leave us Advice
    We just got a very kind email from Raz of MRE fame giving us some resources & advice but we are complete rank amateurs at this stuff so any & all advice from people who have done this sort of thing before would be greatly appreciated.

    It would probably boost our membership numbers if AVFM could do some sort of on-air announcement mentioning that we are starting Men's Rights Sydney & are looking for members. Does anyone think that the guys would be willing to do that &, if so, what would be the best way to approach/ask them?

    We are especially after advice about posting posters at the moment, specifically the best/cheapest/fastest method of adhering them to various surfaces (telephone poles, brick walls, wooden walls, metal objects, etc.).

    EDIT (Sun 20/10/2013 @ 11:47pm) - I've since been in contact with Paul Elam & he has kindly offered us all sorts of support, including on air announcements & a banner on the AVFM home page.

    We still need all the advice we can get though.

  7. #7

    RE: men's rights sydney

    UPDATE: Well, more of a bump than an update...

    Men's Rights Sydney is meeting again on the 1st Dec, upstairs in the Town Hall Hotel, Newtown (right next door to Newtown train station). If anyone out there is in or near Sydney & would like to come & check us out, shoot me (or imdefender) a PM, go to our website (see sig below) & leave us a message or, if you can't be bothered, just turn up on the day (check the web site for directions & the exact time).

    Come down & have a beer with us. We will be discussing some FTSU activity but you're under no obligation to do anything that you're uncomfortable with. Worst case scenario, it's an excuse to get out for a beer & shoot the shit.

    Hope to see you there.

    Cheers,
    TV

  8. #8

    RE: men's rights sydney

    *Bump*

    This will be the last update notice before the meeting.

    Men's Rights Sydney is meeting again tomorrow afternoon (1st Dec) at 1pm at the Town Hall Hotel, Newtown (right next to Newtown Station).

    If anyone here is from Sydney or can get to Sydney, I invite you to come on down, meet imdefender & myself, & give us the benefit of your opinions on all things MRM related.

    Cheers,
    TV

  9. #9

    RE: men's rights sydney

    As I said in my post above, Men's Rights Sydney met for the second time earlier today.

    It was a very successful & productive meeting, very exciting indeed! A lot of logistical & strategic planning went on, especially towards establishing a better online presence.

    The best news however is that we have managed to increase our numbers by 50% over last month! That's right, Men's Rights Sydney is now a group of 3! Woo Hoo! We're growing!

    We may still be small but we're tooled up, motivated, cocked, locked & ready to rock! Lookout Sydney feminists, here comes your worst nightmare!

    Time to FTSU!

    PS: Thanks to all at AVFM for promoting our little group on BTR & elsewhere. It seems to be working.

  10. #10

    RE: men's rights sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by tvsinesperanto
    PS: Thanks to all at AVFM for promoting our little group on BTR & elsewhere. It seems to be working.
    yes indeed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 04:59 PM
  2. Anyone Interested in a Sydney meetup?
    By tvsinesperanto in forum Australia
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  3. Poster: ALL Men's Rights are Human Rights. 'nuff said.
    By Francis Roy in forum Graphics and Art
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 08:51 AM
  4. sydney
    By Imdefender in forum Australia
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 04:34 PM
  5. Men's rights shadowed by human rights ...
    By lula69 in forum The AVfM Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 07:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •