Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the hell is going on?

What the hell is going on?

Hello folks!

As most of you can see, the migration to the new forums has been done. Well, not COMPLETED, but the platform is now in place. The main reason for this drastic change was to enable a significant upgraded level of versatility as well as a paid and supported program to our offerings to you.

Just a couple of bullet points (in no particular order) to let you all know whats happening and whats going to happen in the future.

First and foremost, my apologies for some of the issues that came up once the migration took place. I am not going to sit here and give all sorts of excuses/reasons. I will just say that testing never shows what one misses or screws up. Those thing usually show up once the users get involved. I will do my best to fix any and all issues as fast as possible.

I have (I believe) fixed the signature issues, the ability to upload profile images, and a few other things. Please feel free to let me know if you discover anything else that is not working correctly. I will do my best to take every comment/request/idea seriously and act accordingly.

At present, I am attempting to reimport your personal avatars. For some reason they didnt port over. If after a few days, I am not able to get them over, I invite you all to upload your avatars again.

Over the next few days you can expect to see things continuing to change slightly. And yes, that includes fixing some of the glitches and TMOTS eff-ups.

At present, we are now running VBulletin 4.2 but will be fully updated to Version 5 as soon as the remaining modifications and glitches are fixed.

Once that is complete, the style sheets/layout/look will be modified to closer resemble the front end of AVOICEFORMEN.COM.

Stay tuned for a whole boatload of goodies for you all to enjoy - well, I hope that you will.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the less than stellar migration.

Al (TMOTS)

OK folks. Sorry to say but if you had a personalized avatar, you will need to upload it again. The program used for importing from MYBB to VB doesn't support some types of attachments - I have been informed. Specifically Avatars. My apologies.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by The Man On The Street View Post
    OK folks. Sorry to say but if you had a personalized avatar, you will need to upload it again. The program used for importing from MYBB to VB doesn't support some types of attachments - I have been informed. Specifically Avatars. My apologies.

Al
    Goddamit, I have to upload something TWICE? Whaaaaaa! I HATE this place!

MUAHAHAHA!

That's it! Where is that freaking BAN HAMMER!

Al

I'd follow this site if it was scratched on a cave wall with a charcoal stick...which it clearly is not

thankyou for all your hard work and sacrifice....thankyou for a voice
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

What is this Rep Power thing, and how do we use it?

There seems to be a lot of text missing from some of my posts.

Such as this one here that is missing quite a bit: http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...ll=1#post66397

Oh, and the toolbar and the text options on the advance reply option would also be helpful.

I'm not sure how many other people had this problem but I couldn't log onto my account for some reason.
    I had to reset the password and then it let me log in and change back to my old password.
    Not a big deal, just letting you know some people may need to reset their passwords I guess.

Will rep be ported as well?
    The worlds have shifted.

This is glorious TMOTS, thank you for the dedication. Also would it be possible to port rep from the old forums?
    Men are sponsoring their own muggers - Mike Buchanan