Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiylish View Post
    Why is the first page of the thread showing up on the second page? I am also having this problem when I go into sections of the forums, any posts made today and yesterday are not showing up on the first pages, nor the last and the only way to view them is by clicking on new or today's posts.

TMOTS your first post on this thread is showing up on the bottom of page two, it's really odd.
    Sounds like your profiles defaulted to newest posts first, this is pretty easy to fix just go into settings and click general settings from the bar on the left handside. Then go down to thread display options and change thread display mode to "linear - oldest first", this should fix your issue.
    Men are sponsoring their own muggers - Mike Buchanan

Thank you, that corrected it.
    The feminist movement is just not compatible with happiness. They are not for equality; they want to kill everything masculine, ~Phyllis Schlafly.

Damnit, now the damn thread display options are marked by default as "Thread Title" and "Ascending" when it would work better as "Last Post Time" and "Descending". And there's not way to reset it permanently as far as I can tell.
    User unfriendly as hell.

EDIT: YAY! It's fixed! Thanks whoever is working on this.
    Last edited by Deucalion; 01-11-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    The greatest threat to our planet and our future is the mistaken belief that someone else will save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiylish View Post
    Why is the first page of the thread showing up on the second page? I am also having this problem when I go into sections of the forums, any posts made today and yesterday are not showing up on the first pages, nor the last and the only way to view them is by clicking on new or today's posts.

TMOTS your first post on this thread is showing up on the bottom of page two, it's really odd.
    Not quite sure as to what you mean Ailish. Could you upload a screenshot for me or explain again to help me better understand?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by The Man On The Street View Post
    Not quite sure as to what you mean Ailish. Could you upload a screenshot for me or explain again to help me better understand?

Al
    Al this is resolved.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement

It's sorted now, I was trying to correct the way threads come up as the "newest" first and tried to see if I could change it in my settings but all it did was show the last reply to a thread first instead of the first post being the OP, which instead ended up on the last page, confusing I know.

Is there any way to have the newest threads come up in chronological order because the new posts made today are not showing up for me in any of the sections. You have to click on last post twice in order to actually see the last post made on the blue header.
    The feminist movement is just not compatible with happiness. They are not for equality; they want to kill everything masculine, ~Phyllis Schlafly.

AIYLISH: The admins have this sorted out. They reset the default so when you go to the main forum page and pull up a forum you will see latest post first. Sorry for the confusion.

ALL: Please keep us posted on things you see. This is going to be an iterative process in some cases until we get our forum like we like it.

Also note you are able to give Rep and the member will see it in their profile, The admin is still working on our being able to see it under our Avatar.

GOM

AVFM Mission Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Goddamit, I have to upload something TWICE? Whaaaaaa! I HATE this place!
    #ThanksPatiarhcy!

#yIneedFemzim

I think the work that has been done so far is great. Really great work guys. Are there any plans to get code buttons added so odd dumb guys like me don't have to try to remeber/keep look up the bb codes?
    ......(A)genius. One of the world's last ones.-Thomas Impelluso

My YouTube Channel
    My twitter, I sometimes say funny things.

Quote Originally Posted by comhcinc View Post
    I think the work that has been done so far is great. Really great work guys. Are there any plans to get code buttons added so odd dumb guys like me don't have to try to remeber/keep look up the bb codes?
    VVVVVV look at the bottom of the page VVVVVVV
    "Posting Permissions"
    "BB Code"

AVFM Mission Statement