Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Truth Never Told

The Greatest Truth Never Told

There are only two types of people in this world.

Those who want to be left alone and
    Those who refuse to leave you alone.

Those that live grace and those that only seek to dominate.
    Those that don't leave you alone are hurt people, who are
    from this competitive world and have become like their abusers.
    Who only want an eye for an eye.

They seek to pleasure themselves, but also for others
    Too please them too.

They seek admiration, that they can not find within themselves.
    They seek to be loved, for they can not love themselves.

They force relationships based on money and manipulation, because
    this is all they know.

They seek to dominate others because they can not hold on to others.
    They do not know of grace and love, so they seek to destroy, that which
    they can't understand.

Destruction is far easier for them, then to look at themselves change or
    addressing a past hurt.

So very true, James

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
    C.S. Lewis

Q.What is the defining difference between a desire to love and a desire to control?
    A.Someone who loves you will allow you to walk away from them.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
    C.S. Lewis
    Thanks for your input.

I do so love C.S. Lewis's writing and his personal struggle with Christianity with it's concepts and beliefs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by numbCruncher View Post
    So very true, James

C.S. Lewis

Q.What is the defining difference between a desire to love and a desire to control?
    A.Someone who loves you will allow you to walk away from them.
    Something else he said, which was in his book, "Mere" Christianity" was good. I do not remember it exactly, but it went about like, "It is not so much the lesson we fear from God, as the pain its learning will cost us"
    Much too true.
    God is not wishy washy. He teaches tough lessons

This is probably the most important four hours you could spend in your life....However, with the thinking man, it will cause countless more hours pondering a personal solution for your own life....Good luck.
    Ephesians 5 "Husbands, Love your wives like Christ loved the Church". (Wives, give your husbands something to love).
    "Wives, RESPECT your husbands". (Husbands, give your wives something to respect.)

For a man does not truly feel loved unless his wife, mother, and children display respect to him.

"From each MAN according to his abilty, to each WOMAN according to her need"... Allison Tienemann

"Feminism is a HATE group... Feminists are HATEFUL people"... Mr. e

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."... Ronald Reagan

you should read some Nietzsche this reminds me a lot of the Nietzschean 'will to power'
    "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
    Mario Savio

"A single, seemingly powerless person who dares to cry out the word of truth
    and to stand behind it with all his person and all his life, ready to pay a
    high price, has, surprisingly, greater power, though formally disfranchised,
    than do thousands of anonymous voters."
    Vaclav Havel
    'if you want to know who rules you, look at who you're not allowed to criticise' Voltaire

Blog Entries
    Chris has done a lot of good work.
    I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

I disagree with his opening statement; what we all want is happiness, and while many people believe the best path to that is freedom (and greatest obstacle to it the lack thereof).

Of course, more freedom USUALLY means more happiness; however, if given a straight choice, I'd rather be a very happy slave, than a somewhat happy free man.
    >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Interesting thoughts, food for thought....

Account not Activated
    There are two kinds of people: Those who divide people into two groups, and those who don't