Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Greatest Truth Never Told

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    I disagree with his opening statement; what we all want is happiness, and while many people believe the best path to that is freedom (and greatest obstacle to it the lack thereof).

Of course, more freedom USUALLY means more happiness; however, if given a straight choice, I'd rather be a very happy slave, than a somewhat happy free man.

The human population if diverse. For me, it would not be possible to be happy as a slave. But, that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    The human population if diverse. For me, it would not be possible to be happy as a slave. But, that is just me.
    i think you're speaking from a place of ignorance. you dont know what being a slave is like. if you had been, you would find happiness in moments..and sorrow in moments..like all humans do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.