Thread: The abuse of gender biased laws in India

The abuse of gender biased laws in India

Written by Xavier Alexander .R

The filing of false cases against husbands/men by women are on the increase day by day. This is the direct outcome of gender biased laws framed in India such as the dowry law and the domestic violence act. Such laws have been crudely formed and is totally biased towards woman. What is appalling about these laws is that there is absolutely no redressal mechanism for the man even if heaven and earth knows that the man is innocent and the woman had filed such a case for devilish ulterior motives such as getting even for petty matters, extracting money, or even to have an extra marital affair.

Let us consider for a moment what situation can warrant such a legislation. Perhaps the following dramatized and hypothetical situation could best suit the situation. A village somewhere in interior part of India. The society is heavily patriarchial. The husband is a landlord and she is his nth wife. She cannot question any action of his. If questioned, she is mercilessly beaten. After such a beating for having questioned him for bringing different woman to the house and having sex in front of her, she decides to report her physical torture and mental agony to the local police station. The poor defenceless woman while in the station is molested and no complaint is registered and she returns home

RE: The abuse of gender biased laws in India

Thank you for making so many points clear. Any knowledge most people in the anglosphere have about the developing nations like India is through those nations' media and political announcements, which inherently paint a very biased picture. This post should open the world's eyes about the Indian sub-continent a bit. I look forward to more posts from you. They help raise awareness. Also, include sources, studies, and data wherever possible - This makes them more credible and eligible for citation wherever needed.

I've also known about many a policy of direct discrimination against boys in education, for example, grace marks to the girl students in the IIM exams, free IIT-JEE entrance test for girls while hiking the fee 3.5 times the original for boys, etc. I'd like to know more about them.

So, my heartfelt welcome to you here on the forum and once again, thank you for your insightful post

RE: The abuse of gender biased laws in India

Quote Originally Posted by dhanu
    Thank you for making so many points clear. Any knowledge most people in the anglosphere have about the developing nations like India is through those nations' media and political announcements, which inherently paint a very biased picture. This post should open the world's eyes about the Indian sub-continent a bit. I look forward to more posts from you. They help raise awareness. Also, include sources, studies, and data wherever possible - This makes them more credible and eligible for citation wherever needed.

I've also known about many a policy of direct discrimination against boys in education, for example, grace marks to the girl students in the IIM exams, free IIT-JEE entrance test for girls while hiking the fee 3.5 times the original for boys, etc. I'd like to know more about them.

So, my heartfelt welcome to you here on the forum and once again, thank you for your insightful post
    Please note the article wasn't written by me.