Meme: "Enthusiastic consent"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meme: "Enthusiastic consent"

Enthusiastic Consent? Absolutely. No pom-poms, no sex.

With thanks to Karen Straughan for the inspiration.
    Last edited by Francis Roy; 03-11-2014, 08:53 PM.

I think it was Camille Paglia who said that leaving sex up to the feminists is like sending your dog to vacation at a taxidermist.

Comment

Ok everyone keeps mentioning her but you really need to have a closer look at what else she says
      \"i\'m nobody that you ever wanna be,cos i know that the world is afraid of me\"

Comment

Specifics, please? A good quote would probably be illustrative of your meaning.

Comment

http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/145...e-letting-your

Here it is -- but you could always have googled it.

Funny isn't it?

The other things she says have to do with liking women who are strong leaders, such as Nancy Pelosi and Sarah Palin. Or Madonna. It's a certain personality type -- women who are not delicate flowers to be hoisted up on top of some litter by four slaves and carried around like some fragile protected elitist WASP type of woman, but instead who like men are willing to get their hands dirty and be a good sport and not always try to spoil the fun for men.

Comment

Originally posted by heartless bastard View Post
            Ok everyone keeps mentioning her but you really need to have a closer look at what else she says
            This is what I was replying to. I should have quoted. I'm curious to know what other things she says that he's referring to.

Comment

"Every man must define his identity against his mother. If he does not, he just falls back into her and is swallowed up"
              Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...JU14C8uX3mR.99

"A woman simply is, but a man must become."

"There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper"
              Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...AeZWx8H1B1S.99

"Though men may be deep, mentally they are slow"
              Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...qXXDbOFTPv1.99

there is more i will post them when i foind them
              \"i\'m nobody that you ever wanna be,cos i know that the world is afraid of me\"

Comment

Originally posted by heartless bastard View Post
                "Every man must define his identity against his mother. If he does not, he just falls back into her and is swallowed up"

"A woman simply is, but a man must become."

[...]

there is more i will post them when i foind them
                You had originally said: "Ok everyone keeps mentioning her but you really need to have a closer look at what else she says." My interpretation of that comment was that you had misgivings about Camille Paglia. Did I get what you were saying correctly? I have a vague memory of having reading some of her articles, of which these quotes are drawn. In context, they made good sense. I suspect that if you're limiting your response to merely quotes that they might offer a misleading interpretation of her intentions.

The one mentioned above, for example was a statement as to how women are automatically granted respect based on her sex, but men do not have it until he has demonstrated that he is worthy of it. This was a description of how society operates, not a prescription on her part.

The equivalent would be to use only what is in the quote marks. Our society operates on the harmful notion that that "Only men are bad, and only women are good." ~ Some author.

Then again, it's been a long time since I've read Paglia.
                Last edited by Francis Roy; 03-13-2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Roy View Post
                  You had originally said: "Ok everyone keeps mentioning her but you really need to have a closer look at what else she says." My interpretation of that comment was that you had misgivings about Camille Paglia. Did I get what you were saying correctly? I have a vague memory of having reading some of her articles, of which these quotes are drawn. In context, they made good sense. I suspect that if you're limiting your response to merely quotes that they might offer a misleading interpretation of her intentions.

The one mentioned above, for example was a statement as to how women are automatically granted respect based on her sex, but men do not have it until he has demonstrated that he is worthy of it. This was a description of how society operates, not a prescription on her part.

The equivalent would be to use only what is in the quote marks. Our society operates on the harmful notion that that "Only men are bad, and only women are good." ~ Some author.

Then again, it's been a long time since I've read Paglia.

There was one comment i have seen that had come from her but i couldn't/can't find it so i will keep looking but the qoute is "If women ruled the world we would still be living in grass huts.....It is women's destiny to rule over men"

BUT! i was not going to claim she had said that untill i could prove it but having a look at her qoutes some of them sound pretty bad but thats what quote mining is lol

Comment

Working...
                  X