Feminist Hypocrisy Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminist Hypocrisy Series

I make a youtube series semi-regularly. In it, I discuss many of Feminism's hot button issues, and why they belie a huge amount of sexism, hypocrisy, and willful ignorance within the movement. I've been doing fairly well, having received over 1000 views combined between the four videos I currently have released. In this thread I will link to the playlist in which I house these videos, as well as my channel. I invite anyone on the forums to watch, comment, like, subscribe, share or embed these videos as they see fit. I've got a few more planned, on Domestic Violence, Rape (multiple videos on this actually), Child Abuse, the Justice System, and possibly Hate Speech. What I'm really looking for however, is help.

I need constructive criticism, ideas, studies and facts, research and similar in order to help me improve the quality and factual basis of these videos. I'm doing my best to make them as watertight as possible so that there is less possibility for anyone to argue with me and be found to be correct, but it's difficult to do whilst managing a social life, education, and other parts of my life. So I'd love it if anyone could provide any of these things, or failing that, at least a view or a like.

The Feminist Hypocrisy Playlist:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz

My Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealJoshObrien

Also, in the description of these videos I post my script, as well as a word document full of links to interesting, important and relevant articles, and a folder full of anti-feminism infographics and pictures. I'm always looking to expand these things, so if you have any, post them!
    Thanks,

Josh (O'B)
    "It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites. " - Dr Thomas Sowell

youtube.com/user/therealjoshobrien

I didn't have a good look at your videos yet, however from what I've seen I'd say you're doing a good job. Keep up the good work. I subscribed.

Comment

New episode out, Domestic Violence
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOtPx1Nreo
      "It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites. " - Dr Thomas Sowell

Comment

Nicely done and I really enjoyed your positions on it.

You should do a video based upon real rape culture and this meme.

https://christianrestoration.wordpress.com/

Comment

Rape Culture's my next video, don't you worry!

Comment

Originally posted by FruitBatOB View Post
            Rape Culture's my next video, don't you worry!
            Good because I can't wait to see it. By the way, you could use the meme I posted for the video if you like.

Comment

I may do, although the aspect ratio might not fit perfectly. Thanks though!

Comment

I watched your video Josh B- very good work. Very logically presented and your points are very good. Keep up the good work!

Comment

E Harmony is supposed to be a "Christian" dating service. I can't believe that they are supporting such garbage thinking, but I guess considering the way most churches are pushing this garbage also it shouldn't surprise me. They obviously don't teach nor believe the Bible. The Apostle Paul tells single people to refrain from sexual immorality. Most single mom's have never married- even the church girls. It is amazing how it has become sheek and popular for "Christian" single people to have casual sex without being told they are sinning. And if young Christian men don't' want to marry or date single mom's or girls who have had multiple sex partners they are frowned upon. That's when I pull out my Bible and remind these people they are condoning immorality. And don't get me on this heresy of "don't judge me" If your a hoe and sleeping with every guy around- yes I'm judging you- you are sinner who needs to change your ways. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more and she didn't. If your a Christian and you know that what your doing is sin then you are living a sinful lifestyle. God is not going to bless you and I even wonder if your even a Christian to begin with. Sorry about the preaching but I'm trying to present what the lifestyle of a real Christian is supposed to be. I guess churches and church people don't read the bible anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                    E Harmony is supposed to be a "Christian" dating service. I can't believe that they are supporting such garbage thinking, but I guess considering the way most churches are pushing this garbage also it shouldn't surprise me. They obviously don't teach nor believe the Bible. The Apostle Paul tells single people to refrain from sexual immorality. Most single mom's have never married- even the church girls. It is amazing how it has become sheek and popular for "Christian" single people to have casual sex without being told they are sinning. And if young Christian men don't' want to marry or date single mom's or girls who have had multiple sex partners they are frowned upon. That's when I pull out my Bible and remind these people they are condoning immorality. And don't get me on this heresy of "don't judge me" If your a hoe and sleeping with every guy around- yes I'm judging you- you are sinner who needs to change your ways. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more and she didn't. If your a Christian and you know that what your doing is sin then you are living a sinful lifestyle. God is not going to bless you and I even wonder if your even a Christian to begin with. Sorry about the preaching but I'm trying to present what the lifestyle of a real Christian is supposed to be. I guess churches and church people don't read the bible anymore.
                    I have a little less ability to trust a "traveled" woman to commit as she is used to moving around. But "sexual immorality" in and of itself doesn't bother me provided I'm not going to catch diseases. Taking care of another man's children would. The church uses women to manipulate men - teaches them to treat men like dogs... I would have even greater problems trusting a religious woman due to these facts.

It's not really an issue for me, I live in a religiously dominated town and the churches that raised me have marked me for death and they've won. Conservative Christianity and feminism have a great deal in common when it comes to female ideology.
                    "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

Regardless of religion, since I don't feel it's particularly relevant, the eHarmony article was just wrong and based entirely in deceit and half truths.

Comment

I watched all your videos Josh and they are really well done. I do have suggestion to improve the quality of your audio. I would suggest you pick up a mic screen and that will cut down the amount of hissing for harsh consonants. You can make one as well with just a coat hanger of embroidery hoop and a pair of nylons.

Another improvement would be regarding your delivery. Speak slower and keep looking at the camera. The Ipad is a good idea, but you tend to rely upon too much as evidenced by you always looking at it. I would suggest setting up a monitor at the same height as the camera and read from the monitor. This way it gives you the illusion of looking at the viewer.
                        Last edited by 1ADPreacher; 03-11-2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FruitBatOB View Post
                          Regardless of religion, since I don't feel it's particularly relevant, the eHarmony article was just wrong and based entirely in deceit and half truths.
                          I agree with your comment there. Since I come from a strong religious background it also just seems very hypocritical of them to say that single moms are "good marriage material" since we all know they have already had countless sexual partners. Church people should know that divorce is a sin, living in adultery is sin, and having sex outside the confines of marriage is also sin (it's called immorality); so the article lacks legitimacy on two fronts- lies and deceits and the article lacks any "Christian" Biblical moral standards. It's like all those stupid ministers who say "man up" to get the young men to marry the "Christian" female sluts who been whoring around. If I meet any pastors who say this crap they are gonna get an earful from me!

Comment

Working...
                          X