X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminist exhibits some self-awareness and other human characteristics

No, I didn't believe it either

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...n-equal-rights

A feminist. In the Guardian. Showing awareness of her own hypocrisy and double standards, and then publicly owning it.

** An error occurred whilst trying to process this.
    ** numbCruncher has gone for a lie down.

I find this shit hillarious.

Comment

It's funny watching a feminist thinking.

"So THAT'S what equality means! I've been doing it wrong this whole time!"

Comment

I don't know. It's a real struggle to come to terms with being wrong, especially being incredibly wrong, so I try not to be too harsh on someone in the midst of that.

But then all I know about this person is just from the article I just read.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Comment

ok so she was showing some small signs of self-awareness in that first article, but then you get to the other two where she first compares two "earthquakes" which caused at most a wobbly glass of water to Japan, Haiti, and in California. a 3.5 is not an earthquake it's barely worth noting, it is actually less severe than living close to train-tracks.
          then she goes on about her feelings towards beards. look I don't know her, maby she listens to what men say they prefer in women but as she remains a feminist I highly doubt that to be the case. but even so where does the Idea come from that what she prefers men look like matters to anyone other than herself?

we know three things about her from this: she's a self-absorbed sexist who's prone to overreaction, so pretty much the bog standard feminist.
          "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

"It could be that part of the problem lies with the tiny but highly vocal minority of men who appear to operate a crude and provocative good for the goose/good for the gander sex wars agenda. Which, in turn, makes women feel somewhat protective and tribal about "female-friendly" laws."

She took one step forward, and then fell on her face.
            "As absurd as it may sound, today's men need feminism much more than their wives do. Feminists are the last ones who still describe men the way they like to see themselves: as egocentric, power-obsessed, ruthless and without inhibitions when it comes to satisfying their instincts"
            -Esther Vilar

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_Nine View Post
              gravity is just one more patriarchal force which is working to keep women down.
              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_Nine View Post
                "It could be that part of the problem lies with the tiny but highly vocal minority of men who appear to operate a crude and provocative good for the goose/good for the gander sex wars agenda. Which, in turn, makes women feel somewhat protective and tribal about "female-friendly" laws."

My god, look at those horrible menz advocating for fairness and equity. Again, men cop the blame for the problems of women, even when those problems turn out to be their own biases and prejudices. I'm not one to criticise, I boldly step into my own ignorance on a regular basis but this woman is quite unknowledgeable about the MRM. She makes it sound like an unorganised gang of knuckle dragging, neolith wielding rabble rousers - MRM? Pfft! It's just a rowdy bunch of unevolved men causing women to clutch their pearls in self defense. Heaven forbid that these journalists do a little research before putting fingers to keys. The up side of this however is they'll continue to underestimate the movement and that will be to their own detriment.
                Feminist Object-Orientation
                There is to be no encapsulation: don't tell me to protect my members, tell other functions not to access them!

Comment

Originally posted by Textra View Post
                  My god, look at those horrible menz advocating for fairness and equity. Again, men cop the blame for the problems of women, even when those problems turn out to be their own biases and prejudices. I'm not one to criticise, I boldly step into my own ignorance on a regular basis but this woman is quite unknowledgeable about the MRM. She makes it sound like an unorganised gang of knuckle dragging, neolith wielding rabble rousers - MRM? Pfft! It's just a rowdy bunch of unevolved men causing women to clutch their pearls in self defense. Heaven forbid that these journalists do a little research before putting fingers to keys. The up side of this however is they'll continue to underestimate the movement and that will be to their own detriment.
                  "Waaaaaa? OMG they HATE women, they want them back in the kitchen. Barefoot and pregnant. Oooooooooooh, make them go away, make them go away. If they don't go away, I will scream!!!!"

That's kind of what they are like, right?

Comment

Working...
                  X