Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punditry vs honest media...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Punditry vs honest media...

    RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

    Women Against Feminism.

    Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

  • #2
    honest news media is an Oxymoron like military intelligence, feminist equality, a fair trial, or a college ethics course.
    "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

    Comment


    • #3
      I know. But it's nice to see a media source calling the femtard shit for what it is.
      RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

      Women Against Feminism.

      Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was getting ready to bash the following article in a way that was mainly aimed at HuffPo, until I realized that it was originally from the ASSOCIATED PRESS. Then I felt like hanging my head and crying:

        "Anti-Women Violence Becomes Focus Worldwide"
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5423579.html

        True, they at least give attention to some opposing points of view toward the end, including Christina Hoff Sommers. But it's clear that the article is siding with the Feminist point of view, by giving undue credence and authority to the outlandish assertions that all of the worldwide events they mention are explicitly CONNECTED.

        And once again, the Nigerian kidnapping gets brought up, but WITHOUT the crucial caveat of the HUNDREDS OF BOYS BRUTALLY MURDERED, while their female counterparts were at least spared from any serious, life-threatening violence.

        But let's take a look at the crucial opening paragraph, to get an indication of the 'journalistic integrity' we're about to be treated to:

        Nearly 300 schoolgirls abducted in Nigeria. A pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by her family for marrying the man she loved. Widespread rape in many war zones. And in California, a murderous rampage by a disturbed young man who had depicted sorority members as a prime target.
        Couldn't we just as easily come up with a narrative about ANY TOPIC WE WANTED, by randomly selecting and juxtaposing a handful of alarming, tragic news events from around the world? This way of thinking is extremely irresponsible, as well as dangerous and toxic to the healthy functioning of any society. Think about how many times in the past, that similar tactics were used to whip people up into a frenzy, about supposed 'global' or even just 'nationwide' threats that were 'reaching epidemic proportions'...
        The Duluth Model is incomplete and outdated; It's time we replaced it with a Superior Model...

        Comment


        • #5
          I think there are some very valid points made in the video. It does seem that no one wants to take personal responsibility for this and are quite happy to blame it on "anything but us". Also, this is the first time I've really heard any mention of more than half the victims being men, a fact most articles seem to gloss over.

          I also think that there are a lot of commenters out there who are happy to blame mental illness and equate that to an unproven agenda of saying "all men are mentally ill." The chauvinism argument at the top of the piece is one I have heard before (never something you could ever level if a woman had committed these crimes). But if you look at the facts, this isn't something that happens every day, especially in this way. To me that shows:

          a) there must have been something mentally wrong with this individual or this would be happening every week.
          b) Our society has failed this individual. We should be taking the blame here because we couldn't protect him from himself.

          As for the gun control argument, I don't like guns. I am glad I live in the UK where it's illegal to have them. We have very low gun crime and I equate that with the difficulty to get them. What you do in America is up to you as citizens of that country. We had a knife crime where a teacher was killed. That was a teenage boy. No idea why he did it but some claimed misogyny at the time. I highly doubt that was the case because we don't live in a vacuum where just hating people makes you do horrific things.

          Comment


          • #6
            I see the Irish Times has weighed in with a shill for the "MRA's are bad people" agenda. Still I'm encouraged by a lot of the comments. Onwards and upwards!
            C
            Can things really be this complicated?

            Comment


            • #7
              I really think the OP's video was less a case of journalistic integrity and more CYOA, because those news sites and pundits which weigh in on any side of this Issue are likely going to be burned hard by the facts of the case itself.

              I can't think of any case designed more to mess with the bigots who attempt to steer any and every tragedy to their own ends.
              White Hate: killer was half Asian
              Gun control: half were stabbed to death
              Misogyny: more victims were male than female.

              you'd think Elliot Rodgers planned it that way deliberately, in which case hats off to the little shit.
              cause I think the real culprit here is feminism who have always taught that Men are monsters and the only thing on their mind is Sex. then when some guy actually listens to their teaching and becomes a Sex obsessed murderer that's Misogyny and somehow our fault.
              how else do you explain that someone who claims to have greatly Needed sex had the money for a new car but not a prostitute? or that someone who was willing to lash out at women for not giving him what he needed became a murderer instead of a Rapist?

              only feminism says rape is worse than murder, and only feminism would deny a man the ability to pay to get his sexual needs met.
              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
                more victims were male than female.
                Ah but does one female victim equal multiple males to them?

                To understand this case requires a deep, penetrating and crucially unbiased look at societal expectations and gender roles. Stefan Molyneux's analysis on his recent podcast comes to mind as an example of someone searching for the real truth. Look at the facts and formulate your views based on those.

                Simply labeling Rodgers a misogynist and looking no further into his motives smacks to me of reformulating the facts to fit pre-existing ideology. There's a lot of that around. Labeling him an MRA represents a spectacular misreading of the situation, since had he discovered the mens movement community maybe there's a chance it would have actually helped him hang onto his sanity. As it is, it seems he was given NO guidance. Clearly we can't know any of this for sure, of course, not that you'd know that from reading the mainstream media. They know everything right?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Knight-Errant View Post
                  Ah but does one female victim equal multiple males to them?
                  well according to their petition to classify the MRM as a hate movement https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...group/W5018W63 all seven people Elliot Rodgers killed including himself were young women.

                  so apparently being a victim qualified one as a woman regardless of what plumbing they previously had, I wonder how the parents of 5 of those women feel about their daughters posthumous gender reassignment? and also how a young woman killing other women is the fault of the Men's rights movement?

                  and yes the MRM, MGTOW, or hell perhaps even the PUA might have been able to teach him the self respect and give him the sense of acceptance he really needed rather than sex.
                  "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

                    Women Against Feminism.

                    Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kursal View Post
                      I think there are some very valid points made in the video. It does seem that no one wants to take personal responsibility for this and are quite happy to blame it on "anything but us". Also, this is the first time I've really heard any mention of more than half the victims being men, a fact most articles seem to gloss over.

                      I also think that there are a lot of commenters out there who are happy to blame mental illness and equate that to an unproven agenda of saying "all men are mentally ill." The chauvinism argument at the top of the piece is one I have heard before (never something you could ever level if a woman had committed these crimes). But if you look at the facts, this isn't something that happens every day, especially in this way. To me that shows:

                      a) there must have been something mentally wrong with this individual or this would be happening every week.
                      b) Our society has failed this individual. We should be taking the blame here because we couldn't protect him from himself.

                      As for the gun control argument, I don't like guns. I am glad I live in the UK where it's illegal to have them. We have very low gun crime and I equate that with the difficulty to get them. What you do in America is up to you as citizens of that country. We had a knife crime where a teacher was killed. That was a teenage boy. No idea why he did it but some claimed misogyny at the time. I highly doubt that was the case because we don't live in a vacuum where just hating people makes you do horrific things.
                      I like guns and I have a half dozen of them. I shoot mostly at targets and for sport, most importantly I don't have so much worry about some asshole coming into my home without some serious consequences. Your projection of your utopia is exactly a vacume. We crazy Americans are much less crazy than you think, well if you think a little further than your toes. Just saying!
                      ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                      virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

                      It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                      AVFM Mission Statement
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
                        well according to their petition to classify the MRM as a hate movement https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...group/W5018W63 all seven people Elliot Rodgers killed including himself were young women.
                        Good grief. It's even worse than I thought! I know I shouldn't be surprised. We really do live in an Orwellian nightmare where pesky facts never get in the way of good propaganda.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X