Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Attack on Masculinity(men) is on, full Press!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Attack on Masculinity(men) is on, full Press!

Here we go folks, media is amping up their attack on masculinity and men.

Apparently "Masculinity makes this association between maleness and violence...".

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 06-01-2014, 05:20 AM.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

Good gravy. How feverish can the wailing get before.....what? What is to come? One good thing, this full-on press to vilify men, it is probably moving more and more sensible women further away from feminism and it's poison.
    Did you leave it better than you found it?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
      Here we go folks, media is amping up their attack on masculinity and men.

Apparently "Masculinity makes this association between maleness and violence...".

LINK
      GOM that is precisely what has been said for the last forty years.

Originally posted by OldNavy View Post
      Good gravy. How feverish can the wailing get before.....what? What is to come? One good thing, this full-on press to vilify men, it is probably moving more and more sensible women further away from feminism and it's poison.
      I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Aaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I normally have a hard time sympathizing with the hard-core 'gun rights' people, but to try to associate GUNS THEMSELVES with 'bad' masculinity??? That's beyond fucked-up. Almost makes me want to attend an NRA rally....ALMOST.
        The Duluth Model is incomplete and outdated; It's time we replaced it with a Superior Model...

Comment

Okay, now I have to address that one "YesAllWoman" tweet that keeps getting mentioned on these programs - the one about 'I Have a Boyfriend' being the only excuse a man respects when a woman rejects him.

Did you miserable bigots ever stop to think that maybe the guy respects BOTH of you - yourself and your boyfriend, as well as the relationship itself, which this represents?

But more importantly, the REAL reason this makes these Feminists so uncomfortable, is because not being able to say "I have a boyfriend" means that they have to come to terms with the fact that they are simply rejecting this guy for entirely selfish and shallow reasons. Because in the end, the guy WILL respect your decision - he just wants you to be HONEST with him first, in telling him WHY you don't want to be with him. He's tired and frustrated of the mealy-mouthed excuses of "I'm just not interested in a relationship right now", or "It's not you - it's me". He wants you to simply ADMIT that you don't find him attractive, for whatever reason, and you're not willing to submit yourself to the unpleasant, unsatisfying experience of fucking him. But because you want to remain up there on your high horse, as a fair, kindhearted goddess, you simply can't bring yourself to acknowledge your own shallowness - the same shallowness that's present in ALL of us, male AND female alike, based on our biological instincts related to reproduction. Because that would mean TRUE equality...and we can't have any of THAT, can we?
          The Duluth Model is incomplete and outdated; It's time we replaced it with a Superior Model...

Comment

Working...
          X