Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historic Child Abuse Alligations in the UK (Cliff Richard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Child Abuse Alligations in the UK (Cliff Richard)

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...e-9672367.html

Interesting article in the Independant. If you're in the UK you'll know about Yewtree which has been looking at historic cases of child abuse by celebrities. We've already had a few who have been mentioned in the media and later exonerated. The article above suggests that the police are not using due process in order to carry out their investigations.

I think this is important because it seems to mirror a lot of the experiences we've seen talked about on here before, with regards to rape allegations that turn out to be false. I thought that was an interesting parallel.

Good article by Geoffrey Robertson Kursal.

The worst I've seen of this type of behaviour was when our police wished to smear the reputation of the head of our Council for Civil Liberties. He was someone who people turned to when they were being harassed and threatened by police, and I'm sure he had built up a large amount of information about corruption. So they raided his home claiming he was suspected of being a serial killer, and took away all his computers and documents. The strange thing about it was that the media had set up their cameras before the police even arrived to search his premises.

False allegations were leveled at him for sexual harassment in his workplace. As a school psychologist this did a lot of damage and he ended up in a limbo, where he was being paid but could not go to work for years.

It all started when the police wanted to DNA test all taxi drivers in the city in regards to the serial killing of three young women, and he told them that they had a presumption of innocence and did not have to comply with the request.

Have to be careful whose feathers you ruffle round here.

The campaign has been very effective, He has gone from being a Mayor of one of our wealthiest cities, to a pariah that few people will have anything to do with anymore.

Its a disgusting way to treat anyone who has been accused, and does nothing more than assist in the formation of a lynch mob mentality.
    Last edited by nawotsme; 08-17-2014, 04:15 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV81mdj1ic

What can I say?

Comment

On a similar subject, this is the truth about Exaro:

http://www.thelatestnews.com/the-truth-about-exaro/

Comment

just to be useful, not trying to be rude.
        al·le·ga·tion
        ˌaləˈɡāSH(ə)n/
        noun
        plural noun: allegations
        a claim or assertion tha
        it's not an alligator ;]
        Originally posted by MatrixTransform
        where were you before you put yourself last?
        Originally posted by TheNarrator
        Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

now about the thread. im not surprised men are treated this way at all.. but about his specific case did they ever get a verdict was he found guilty?
          Originally posted by MatrixTransform
          where were you before you put yourself last?
          Originally posted by TheNarrator
          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

A short video about Operation Yewtree explaining how the scam works. Please share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73MB8CLCC4

Comment

Working...
            X