#GamerGate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #GamerGate

Guys I've been watching #GamerGate from the beginning and frankly I think this is the largest and broadest mistake Gender Ideologues have made to date. It is receiving huge media in the mainstream coverage and I think it exposes how they operate... and the issues at hand. I think we all should keep an eye on this one, what are your thoughts?

https://twitter.com/xGrumpyOldManx/s...09564443074560

https://twitter.com/xGrumpyOldManx/s...19634857930753

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 10-14-2014, 08:20 AM.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

The best thing about #gamergate, aside from uncovering the blogging slugs passing as games journalists, has been a legitimate reason for women gamers to stand up and be seen and heard. And I'm not talking about the candy crush gurls, I mean the sort of women who are as passionate about real life-consuming games as the male gamers. It's actually pretty cool to know they're out there and are as sick of the SJW crap as the rest of us.
    Gender is a grammatical distinction and applies to words only. Sex is natural distinction and applies to living objects.

Comment

Without a doubt. Gamergate has been a huge blunder for SJWs. It's almost as if the feminists entrusted their formula of control to a group that was too immature to handle it. The gaming SJWs just simply became too big for their boots (one particular tweet had Leigh Alexander announcing "I am gaming"), have gone to the well once too often with their "misogyny and harassment" claims to cover up their blunders, and have exposed themselves as people pushing an obvious agenda. At the moment they all have all shoulders to the wall trying to censor the truth from the mainstream. Even prominent feminists who normally wouldn't deign to write about the video game world have been called in to write some articles.

They will lose, and the truth will come out.

The reason why the SJWs are going to fail in this arena is that they irritated and insulted a significant enough percentage of the gaming world. Usually they are clever enough not to do that and can call people who oppose their initiatives sexists and marginalize them. They won't be able to with gamergate, especially since the entire industry revolves around the dollars spent by (mostly) young men. We will soon witness the whole "money talks, bullshit walks" phenomenon.

An entire generation of young people are being exposed to the tactics of SJWs. They will be wise to their tricks, and they won't work as well any more.
      “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
      ― Pythagoras

Comment

MSNBC just makes me sick. MSM is an utter waste of time. Just another example that they only report on their agenda and bias. "Going into hiding"... ahhh the good old feminist 'scared for my life protect me against these angry violent men. Never, ever, assume the MSM is on your side or will not twist your words. The truth will not come out via MSM... no way in hell. MSM will keep parroting the threat narrative over and over and over again because that is the only card they know how to play.

Thank whatever god you know or don't know that there is alternate news media out there to get at least a smidge of truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
          MSNBC just makes me sick. MSM is an utter waste of time. Just another example that they only report on their agenda and bias. "Going into hiding"... ahhh the good old feminist 'scared for my life protect me against these angry violent men. Never, ever, assume the MSM is on your side or will not twist your words. The truth will not come out via MSM... no way in hell. MSM will keep parroting the threat narrative over and over and over again because that is the only card they know how to play.

Thank whatever god you know or don't know that there is alternate news media out there to get at least a smidge of truth.
          I disagree with you contention that MSNBC is in any way "main stream". The younger audience that they used to court has all moved online and are unlikely to even have cable video services in favor of getting news from the internet.

It is only a matter of time before the plug is pulled and the network goes dark.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSonicAdvance View Post
            The best thing about #gamergate, aside from uncovering the blogging slugs passing as games journalists, has been a legitimate reason for women gamers to stand up and be seen and heard. And I'm not talking about the candy crush gurls, I mean the sort of women who are as passionate about real life-consuming games as the male gamers. It's actually pretty cool to know they're out there and are as sick of the SJW crap as the rest of us.
            I agree. I'm not sure what world they live in but I spent around 6 years playing competitive shooter games and fielding teams for GameBattles constantly on the first page. Yes there were many teams with all guys but the number one team for several years in GRAW was lead by a female gamer, and my team composed of three women one was Japanese American, 6 to 8 men two were Native American, two were black, one Asian and the rest of us white. Average age was in the mid 30s with myself and a couple women in their late 40s and 50s. I have not played for the last couple years now but all of us chat regularly via FB and last year we pulled hundreds of gamers together to raise funds for one of our female teammates who battle and passed from to cancer.

I think they misjudge the Demographics and resources some of the gamers have that is why I think this is going to bite them hard.

AVFM Mission Statement
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
              I think they misjudge the Demographics and resources some of the gamers have that is why I think this is going to bite them hard.
              not surprising they swallowed their own bullshit and forgot that they were the ones who have been misrepresenting that demographic.

but then the only contact between these people and that demographic they were suppose to be reporting on game quality to was through their own articles attacking their viewership.
              they were non-gamers reviewing games by gamers for gamers, they didn't just declare their audience dead they declared that they themselves no longer have any purpose for existing since the only people who would be interested in gaming articles is gamers.

surprisingly on that last point and virtually nothing else the public is in agreement with them, corrupt games journalism no longer serves any purpose and we would see it gone in favor of ones that have the best interest of consumers aka gamers as their primary goal.
              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
                Def agree with that.
                "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

As a gamer, I've been following it fairly closely. Seen the MSNBC interview, the HuffPo interview, following the Twitter and videos by Sargon and IA and Matt.

It's fascinating. It's the strongest pushback against SJWs I've seen yet. And they're getting pretty much the identical kind of slandering that feminists chuck at the MRA.

I'll tell you one thing, the tangible coin that gamers have against the PC brigade, is literally that. Their organization of email campaigns and boycotts are a huge stick to wield, and it's got a lot of SJW type "journalists" pants shittingly scared.

I have also noticed that as gamergate becomes a tightly controlled framing issue, the online users who are getting banned and censored are having to find safe havens to discuss the issues, and this leads them to non-PC venues where they get exposed to further criticisms.

It's fucking fascinating.
                  "As absurd as it may sound, today's men need feminism much more than their wives do. Feminists are the last ones who still describe men the way they like to see themselves: as egocentric, power-obsessed, ruthless and without inhibitions when it comes to satisfying their instincts"
                  -Esther Vilar

Comment

This is a long video but worth every minute if you want to understand the #gamergate role in the larger scheme of gender politics.

AVFM Mission Statement
                    sigpic

Comment

I have been following the Gamergate fiasco, which claims the the gaming culture is racist and sexist, which is a bunch of bullshit. I have been playing games for a long time, my gamer friends and I do not spend our time talking bad talking women and minorities. I also used to go to the arcades, and there was a mix of caucasian, asian and indian people there. And women too. These feminists and SJWs have never been apart of a gaming community if they believe that the gaming culture is racist and sexist and only composed of white males. If that is really the case, then why are games where there is a female protagonist like Bayonetta and Metroid popular, and why are games made by Japanese developers popular like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy?

Its bullshit created by Feminists, but this BS is unfortunately what most people think of gamers thanks to the media. It just goes to show that Feminists can say anything nowadays, and its swallowed up like gospel. A feminist can say a man injected himself with super alien powers to beat her and people would still believe them.

Comment

Before this incident, gamers presumed Feminism is a group about gender equality and integrity, but during Gamergate, they got to witness the full psychotic wrath of Feminists. The only good thing I can say about Gamergate is that it showed more people-in this case; gamers, what Feminists are really are about.

Comment

Originally posted by HideousZombie View Post
                          These feminists and SJWs have never been apart of a gaming community if they believe that the gaming culture is racist and sexist and only composed of white males.

One of the really striking aspects I have noticed is that the anti-GamerGate and online SJW communities seem to be largely comprised of white males. With a few white females they're all trying to please with their unwavering support.

Comment

As a long-time gamer, I have also been following GamerGate for some time, although admittedly more on an on-again off-again basis. One thing that is really amazing is the sheer ripple effect t has been having on so many different things. I really wish I could find one, phenomenal website or page that just charts all of it. But I haven't yet; part of the reason might be because the effects are still rippling out and by the time someone plots a truly informative document, they will be two or three weeks behind the curve.

In brief, though, here are a few of the interesting aspects I've noticed:

The corruption of 4chan. For so long, 4chan was held up as a shining beacon of free speech. They were going to say damn well what they pleased and they sure as hell weren't ever going to censor anyone. But thanks to making the choice to censor GamerGate, that is no longer the case. This has resulted in a large number of online free speech advocates splitting off from 4chan, and they have found a new home in InfinityChan, aka 8chan. In short order, they have already committed funding of over US$1,000,000 per month for operating expenses, as well as securing their place by signing a contract with the other major free speech bastion, 2ch.

The creation of twitterbots (aka chatterbots, chatbots) to distract unsuspecting GamerGate supporters. Essentially, a twitterbot is a scripted program (a robot) running a version of a natural language processor. The one set up for GamerGate runs on ELIZA, a program devised in 1964, and automatically responds to users who use certain hashtags, particularly #GamerGate and #NotYourShield (there may be other cues, but those are the only two of which I am aware). Operating under the handle @ElizaRBarr, it has become a source of bemusement for Tumblr users, who have heretofore always hated trolling. Long story short, Tumblr SJWs have decided to use a robot to troll people on Twitter. [Note: twitterbots have existed for years, but this is the first known application of one to troll on behalf of people who cannot otherwise make a cogent argument.]

Online activism against advertisers who support certain websites. This really isn't that new, but word is getting around and lists are being made of which sites one should enable Adblock on, and which sites are actually gamer-friendly. I don't know all of the sites which have been targeted, but apparently this campaign has caught the attention of no less than the Intel Corporation, one of the largest chip manufacturers in the world. There's also been petition-writing and outright boycotts.

Criticism of journalistic ethics. This is really the major issue which GamerGate has been seeking to address all along. It's also one of the waves, the effects of which are not yet done rippling, so I am not sure exactly how modern journalism will be effected by it.

Various well-known personalities being a part of it. Christina Hoff Sommers, Adam Baldwin, Joss Whedon, and others have drawn lines in the digital sand. This means that all the issues relating to GamerGate, including the normal bullying and harassing of which sites such as this are well aware, will be made more public, and I expect that there will be some fallout. Mostly on the corrupt side, as I have faith that Truth Will Prevail. Which means more positive press for equality, and less positive press for hucksters like Sarkeesian.

That's about all the major ripples I wanted to lay out, but I'm sure there are other topics I'm just not being able to think about right now.

There's also this, worth a watch, if you can handle how ignorant and condescending the interviewer guy is:

Comment

wait so your saying that the SJWs aren't ALL spambots designed to troll people?
                              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                              X