X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Normal" Barbie has average proportions plus acne, moles, injuries

From our good friends at Time:
    http://time.com/3593968/the-new-norm...tension-packs/

I'm tempted to get one for my 4 year old niece to see what she says. Doubt it can compete with all her princess dolls though, and with good reason. Look at that acne sticker: Ew.
    Yes, yes, yes: NAWALT, NAWALT, NAWALT.
    NAZHS (Not all zebras have stripes)
    NACHS (Not all cheetahs have spots)
    NAWIW (Not all water is wet)

It's been tried before, and it failed miserably.
    RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

Women Against Feminism.

Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

Comment

Does she also come with a divorce lawyer willing to take everything Ken owns?

Comment

This is the new line of fugly Barbie.
        Maybe toymakers can come up with a version of He-man that looks like a skinny 140 lb weakling.
        “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
        ― Pythagoras

Comment

Because normal girls like playing with ugly toys with a patronizing message attached.
          Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Presumably there will be a line of beauty products to turn fugly Barbie into fuckable Barbie?
            Gender is a grammatical distinction and applies to words only. Sex is natural distinction and applies to living objects.

Comment

Have you guys even seen the pictures of her? She's freaking gorgeous!
              When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

empathy and remorse not included

Comment

If MRA's ever became as shallow as feminists, we'd start making our platform revolve around such frivolous stuff as demanding that they make Ken Dolls that have back hair, shoulder hair, receding hairlines and pot bellies -- all in order to avoid making some of us feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dmschlom View Post
                    If MRA's ever became as shallow as feminists, we'd start making our platform revolve around such frivolous stuff as demanding that they make Ken Dolls that have back hair, shoulder hair, receding hairlines and pot bellies -- all in order to avoid making some of us feel bad.
                    Except that only exists because they are making themselves victims. Such stupidity can only come from people that are weak enough (or malicious enough to propagate the lie that they are weak enough) to be dramatically influenced by babies' toys.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Comment

I was just going to post this along with an article about "Barbie, I can be a Computer Engineer too"

........a Barbie with stretch marks ? Who wouda thunk it ???

https://www.yahoo.com/style/normal-b...049254128.html

Barbie F*cks It Up Again (Computer Engineer)

http://gizmodo.com/barbie-f-cks-it-up-again-1660326671

Ahhhhhhh Feminism. Auto-Sodomized by her own wantonness & jealousy.

Maybe there should have been a "Gloria Steinem Barbie" ? Would that have made it alright ?
                      sigpic

Comment

They should make it Andrea Dworkin instead. Jabba the Hutt overlay sold separately.
                        When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

Originally posted by NO MA'AM View Post
                          Barbie F*cks It Up Again (Computer Engineer)

http://gizmodo.com/barbie-f-cks-it-up-again-1660326671
                          TUX! What have they done to you D:!

Edit: after reading part of the article I feel like I have lost a few brain cells. For example, game design often revolves around a team with their own jobs... I shouldn't over think the writer's stupidity.
                          Last edited by Rwkropf; 11-21-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

it's not just in Barbie dolls folks. It's in real life as well. Have you ever heard of Maria Kang?
                            http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1994785

She's a mother of three that dared to get back in shape after having her kids and was audacious enough to think she might inspire other women to do the same. Turns out she is just part of the "Mom shaming industry". You just can't make this shit up.

Here is Time trying to harpoon her efforts:
                            http://time.com/25014/fit-mom-still-...-kind-of-lazy/
                            Last edited by pbisque; 11-21-2014, 10:13 AM.
                            I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh67 View Post
                              Have you guys even seen the pictures of her? She's freaking gorgeous!
                              I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but to be honest, normal Barbie is way hotter than the original IMO.
                              The stretch marks and acne are a gimmick, but the basic doll itself is fine.

Feminists need to remember that Barbie was made for girls, not boys.
                              Don't blame us for the shape she ended up as.
                              Gender is a grammatical distinction and applies to words only. Sex is natural distinction and applies to living objects.

Comment

Working...
                              X