Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrific article on Jezebel...

http://jezebel.com/5975192/get-out-of-my-gay-bar-straight-girl

As a sometimes gay man, I want to point out that lesbians invaded our bars and mucked up the gay atmosphere long before straight people started coming to gay bars.

The specific example I have is this... My bar used to have a stream of hot naked gay gays on a closed circuit tv, which added atmosphere to our bar. Then the lesbians started showing up, and complaining about being forced to look at dicks (its a gay bar duh, definitely don't come on chaps night!) so the bar owners responded by turning off the closed circuit tv system.

I realize this is a mostly straight area, and I don't want to appear to be trolling, but Jezebel has been deleting my comments all night calling this bitch out.

RE: Horrific article on Jezebel...

Originally posted by GregA
    http://jezebel.com/5975192/get-out-of-my-gay-bar-straight-girl

I realize this is a mostly straight area, and I don't want to appear to be trolling, but Jezebel has been deleting my comments all night calling this bitch out.

I think the forums are considered an anybody but feminist-ideologue area. Gay, sraight, bi, trans, lesbian, male, female, martian; all welcome.

Feminists used gay and trans as a shield for their agenda for too long, but their true colours are showing. They weren't ever really about gay rights (only lesbian rights), they were about stepping stones. Now that they have power they're abusing gays and trans -it's everywhere on their forums and in their writings/statements.
    Grandmother Stabs Her 4-Year-Old Grandson To Death
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIB4yE2xGkU

Comment

I especially enjoy the end of the article where the proper etiquette is detailed.

Last night I tried to post a swapped gender argument but Ghostery wouldn't let me post since it blocks social network tracking. And I wasn't going to disable that extension for a site like Jezebel.
      Once upon a time women were in control. This made them uncomfortable so they did something about it.

Comment

As corbyworld pointed out: It doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, lesbian, trans or whatnot here. It's about being treated as equals.

And while I'm not gay myself, I would never dream of walking into a gay bar and demanding they respect my sensibilities. It's a gay bar for a reason: So that gay men can have an environment they feel comfortable in.

But that is, I feel, a feminist MO: Invade any safe space of any male group and demand it be accommodating to them.
        But now -concerning the article- that straight women do the same to lesbian safe spaces, it's suddenly not okay any more? Way to double-standard, grrls!
        And I'm advocating for safe spaces in both cases, just so there's no confusion. I just wanted to point out the incongruity.

I might be wrong with this, not being a native speaker and all, but doesn't it even start with the name? Wasn't "gay" something reserved for men? Nowadays "gay" seems to cover both sexes: gays and lesbians alike. Do you have a name that applies to homosexual men only?

I mean that is at least how the article on Jezebel uses it. "Gay" seems to be for any homosexual: A 'gay bar' may be frequented by both sexes as long as they're homosexual.

And as Greg pointed out: What about the gay men who have been shoved aside, their safe place invaded by 'gays of the other sex'? Their needs and wants subordinated to those of the newcomers?

Of course it is misandry. Gay men are just as much men as any other males (in my book, you're a man if you feel like one. Period.).
        Even though feminists love to take all members of LBGTQ as a shield for their actions and incorporate them 'one huge tangle' into their agenda, it's perfectly fine to not be okay with it.

I like that you took it upon yourself to bring this issue to our attention, Greg. Much appreciated!
        12/12/12 -The day Germany decided boys are not quite human.

Comment

Gee, this snip from the article sums it up:

"Why are you taking that from us? Why must you colonize a rare part of the world that do not belong to you? Is it really so terrible, so discriminatory, of me to ask you not go certain places designated for use by a group that does not include you? Is any separation from you (a majority) by us (a minority) to be perceived as an insult? Can't it be just a simple truth: the truth that everyone needs a place of their own, and not every place can or should be owned by you?"

That snip also applies to men wanting their own space, not being invaded and colonized by feminists.
          De oppresso liber

Comment

After reading some of the comments there I was wondering along the same lines. Why are women so accepting of dividing, excluding and ostracizing when its a female dividing the issues or spaces?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypergamic
              After reading some of the comments there I was wondering along the same lines. Why are women so accepting of dividing, excluding and ostracizing when its a female dividing the issues or spaces?
              1. Female nature
              2. Entitlement
              3. Because they can and no one calls them on their shit.
              De oppresso liber

Comment

Originally posted by Andres
                As corbyworld pointed out: It doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, lesbian, trans or whatnot here. It's about being treated as equals.

And while I'm not gay myself, I would never dream of walking into a gay bar and demanding they respect my sensibilities. It's a gay bar for a reason: So that gay men can have an environment they feel comfortable in.

But that is, I feel, a feminist MO: Invade any safe space of any male group and demand it be accommodating to them.
                But now -concerning the article- that straight women do the same to lesbian safe spaces, it's suddenly not okay any more? Way to double-standard, grrls!
                And I'm advocating for safe spaces in both cases, just so there's no confusion. I just wanted to point out the incongruity.

I might be wrong with this, not being a native speaker and all, but doesn't it even start with the name? Wasn't "gay" something reserved for men? Nowadays "gay" seems to cover both sexes: gays and lesbians alike. Do you have a name that applies to homosexual men only?

I mean that is at least how the article on Jezebel uses it. "Gay" seems to be for any homosexual: A 'gay bar' may be frequented by both sexes as long as they're homosexual.

And as Greg pointed out: What about the gay men who have been shoved aside, their safe place invaded by 'gays of the other sex'? Their needs and wants subordinated to those of the newcomers?

Of course it is misandry. Gay men are just as much men as any other males (in my book, you're a man if you feel like one. Period.).
                Even though feminists love to take all members of LBGTQ as a shield for their actions and incorporate them 'one huge tangle' into their agenda, it's perfectly fine to not be okay with it.

I like that you took it upon yourself to bring this issue to our attention, Greg. Much appreciated!
                I used to live in Toronto, and had a few gay friends I hung out with. At the time, I was working in a high end lounge (the Blue Jays and Leafs would show up there with mistresses n stuff), so a couple of the guys and I would go to #1 Isabella (a huge gay nightclub at the time) after work to unwind.

Since it was always 'after hours', the place was usually stuffed with straight women who didn't want to go home yet, as well as the gay men who ignored them. It was THE best place to pick up women in Toronto...

Anyway, one night I was making out with some girl at the bar...I turned around and the bartender was pointing his 'gun' at me, ready to hose us down, and said "The day I can do that in a straight bar, is the day you can do that in here'.

Fair point, I say.

Comment

On the bright side, the comments section is brimming with hilarity, if you enjoy seeing people on Jezebel rip each other apart.

Comment

Working...
                  X