Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diversity officer could be sacked after tweeting 'Kill All White Men' Petition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversity officer could be sacked after tweeting 'Kill All White Men' Petition!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/19/goldsm...shtag-5205013/

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/white-peopl...ersity-1498077

https://www.change.org/p/expel-bahar...hs-university?

i don't know why promoting racial genocide is suddenly fashionable among these 'diversity' people, although i can make a good guess that some of them are swallowing a vicious form of victim culture
    "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
    Mario Savio

"A single, seemingly powerless person who dares to cry out the word of truth
    and to stand behind it with all his person and all his life, ready to pay a
    high price, has, surprisingly, greater power, though formally disfranchised,
    than do thousands of anonymous voters."
    Vaclav Havel
    'if you want to know who rules you, look at who you're not allowed to criticise' Voltaire

Comment

I'm a progressive and am disgusted by the hijacking of diversity values by others. I was happy to notice that also a conservative on the AVFM forums said something a few weeks back about thinking it's not progressivism to blame but something behind it, something hard to put one's finger on, using "progress" language...elites in the background using words and "causes" that they think will get the people to follow along, but with intentions that are less than noble.

Decades ago, charges of "political correctness" were, back then, mostly unfair. For example, if anyone said let's have a course about Asian history and African history, in addition to one about Western history, or that LGBT should be allowed their student groups, the right wing shouted "that's PC!" and yell how terrible and bad that is and it was mostly nonsense. But today, and in recent years, yes, PC is a real and it horrible, and shamefully steals the language of some (still today) good ideas about diversity, but it doesn't practice what it preaches, and all too often practices the opposite.

I notice they are not as often as vicious against heterosexuals and Christians..why not attack "straight white Christian males"? But "white" and "male" especially. Unfortunately this not only harms white and males but poisons the culture for women and everyone else.

It also gets used by real racists, real neo-Nazis, who can say, "see, something unfair about white people" and then use that for their really anti-black racist policies. So it does damage in so many ways.

I've never understood how any progressive could use the phrase "white trash". And that is in the metro.co.uk article..shameful...On the other hand, the Metro article does not show an image or link to a "killallwhitemen" (it just quotes change.org that claims that) and the IBT article does not have the word "kill" in it either.

Anyone have a link to a 2015 tweet by her with that hashtag?

If that is confirmed, that would be even worse than "white trash" it would be a truly ugly call to violence.

Anyone with a link?

As for "please don't show up if you're male or white" I don't think it's the best policy, but if they had a second forum for only "male or white" and a third forum at the end, for everyone, then I would maybe give them a pass (maybe they would get shouted at without a so called "safe space" meeting and if they have three and not just only that single meeting, that I might understand). Though I realize I'm probably being very generous and very optimistic with this hoped for "three forums" arrangement, right?

To put the hate in perspective, suppose that men's relationship to women was the same as the Nazis to the Jews or Roma (Gypsies) or the same as the Ottoman Turks relation to Armenians. I do NOT for one second believe that's a fair comparison! But just just to prove how hateful and crazy it is...suppose they believe the comparison.

Ok, if they believe the comparison, I ask them: what would society think if a Jewish or Romani group kept using a #killAllGermans tag? What if an Armenian group kept using a #killAllTurks hashtag? What would we think? Even in THOSE cases we'd think this is terribly misguided and wrong at best....and probably dismiss them as hateful and look for other, saner groups to represent the rights of these groups (Jews, Romani, Armenians).

That's how crazy it's become. Even if you grant the most extreme (and false) analogs they make, you have news stories about actions by prominent, "respected" leaders still sound just as hateful and just as insane as "#KillAllGermans" and "#KillAllTurks".

I can hope that some of their followers are misguided (or some followers see through them and wish for saner leaders but saner leaders don't step forward) but the leaders themselves? In my more genreous moments, some are worse than misguided, they are blinded to the humanity of other people (including half the human race) but even being generous, some of them know exactly what they are doing, and are cynical and dangerous. They need to be opposed. Let's not become anything like them when we oppose them, but anyone with universal human values must oppose this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by simeon the crushed View Post
        i don't know why promoting racial genocide is suddenly fashionable among these 'diversity' people, although i can make a good guess that some of them are swallowing a vicious form of victim culture
        As one guys said in a rage in one city nearby: "in ten years all you white people will be EXTINCT."

Yes, the hate-whitey rhetoric is at the root of a lot of what we see in the world. When evil has been done, it's almost always been white men who have had to put it down. Even when it was started by other white men.

Not to mention inventing almost everything of significant value over the last 5000 years.

So, yeah, the worldwide push to end the white race (how many non-white countries "celebrate diversity" and import hordes of whites?) is in full swing. Don't expect it to be kept in check unless white men stand up. But it's hard to stand up for border control when you can't even stand up for anything else.

If you eradicate white men, you eradicate much of the channel through which good is done in the Earth, so yes, white men, you ARE the enemy.

They founded the USA. But before you decry the evils done by white men, how about the pandemic mistreatment of children in the non-white world? Where do people go when they want child prostitution? Everywhere but white countries. It goes on and on.

Subtract all the inventions invented by white men, and subtract all the countries that used to be primarily white, and what do you have? An entire world that is the hole that the non-white world is. Oh, and Jews, from what I've observed, are some of the whitest people. King David was red-haired. Israel is the highest-technology nation on Earth. They invent new technologies at a rate that other nations would be very hard-pressed to imitate. They don't just polish the existing inventions. They come up with the revolutionary and new stuff.

It isn't a boast of whiteness, it's an observation. Look at a map of the Middle East via satellite. There is one green spot. Israel. Would Israel be better if they just let the borders down and invited everyone from everywhere? No, it would look like everywhere else in the region.

Importing masses of non-white people into white countries is white genocide. Why is that okay? Why is trying to legislate and breed them out of existence so accepted? Why are the borders (as in, immigration) open, except to white, English-speaking people in the USA?

Wake up, white men. You are a target. Because you do so much good in and for this world. The net effect of anti-white-masculinity is that white people largely quit breeding. It's too costly and dangerous. So, now everyone works, not just men. And houses now cost two people their lives to get, instead of one man his time at work.
        Last edited by JohnDoe; 05-20-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I agree the media can be insensitive at best or entirely humiliating towards white people..And obviously the "killallwhitemen" is outrageous.

But, the idea that white people "invented almost everything of significant value over the last 5000 years" is quite an extreme statement, and no, I don't think it makes you a "racist" but I do think it hurts the cause we agree on (better media and cultural sensitivity) and I don't want to get into a big debate but here are a few links..

Just to help re-think the idea that "almost everything of significant value" was invented by white people in last 5,000 years:

1. The Wheel. Here it's a three way tie between Caucasus, Central European, and the not exactly white Mesopotamia

2. The huge invention of gunpowder. If that was the only non-white major invention, already we'd have to reconsider "almost everything of significant value"

3. paper "Paper was invented in ancient China during the Han dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD) and spread slowly to the west via the Silk Road. Papermaking and manufacturing in Europe was started by Muslims living on the Iberian Peninsula, (today's Portugal and Spain) and Sicily in the 10th century, and slowly spread to Italy and Southern France reaching Germany by 1400."

If these were the only two, plus the "tie" over the wheel, already we'd have to change "almost everything" to, maybe "most things" instead of "almost everything" But there's more.

4. And the Four_Great_Inventions

6. two inventions both woodblock printing and even movable type, were both invented in China:

The Chinese invention of Woodblock printing, at some point before the first dated book in 868 (the Diamond Sutra), produced the world's first print culture. According to A. Hyatt Mayor, curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, "it was the Chinese who really discovered the means of communication that was to dominate until our age."[28] Woodblock printing was better suited to Chinese characters than movable type, which the Chinese also invented, but which did not replace woodblock printing
          Also Metal_movable_type_in_Korea was delayed, and still came out before Europe by a generation:
          A potential solution to the linguistic and cultural bottleneck that held back movable type in Korea for two hundred years appeared in the early 15th century—a generation before Gutenberg would begin working on his own movable type invention in Europe—when King Sejong devised a simplified alphabet of 24 characters called Hangul for use by the common people
          7. Our entire science uses the Hindu-Arabic numeration system, which arrived in Europe long after its invention:

976. The first Arabic numerals in Europe appeared in the Codex Vigilanus in the year 976.

1202. Fibonacci, an Italian mathematician who had studied in Béjaïa (Bougie), Algeria, promoted the Arabic numeral system in Europe with his book Liber Abaci, which was published in 1202.

1482. The system did not come into wide use in Europe, however, until the invention of printing. (See, for example, the 1482 Ptolemaeus map of the world printed by Lienhart Holle in Ulm, and other examples in the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz, Germany.)

1549. These are correct format and sequence of the “modern numbers” in titlepage of the Libro Intitulado Arithmetica Practica by Juan de Yciar, the Basque calligrapher and mathematician, Zaragoza 1549.
          There is indirect evidence that the Indians developed a positional number system as early as the 1st century CE.[3] The Bakhshali manuscript (c. 3rd century BCE) uses a place value system with a dot to denote the zero, which is called shunya-sthAna, "empty-place", and the same symbol is also used in algebraic expressions for the unknown (as in the canonical x in modern algebra). However, the date of the Bakhshali manuscript is hard to establish, and has been the subject of considerable debate. However, no later than the 6th century:

" it is generally accepted that enumeration using the place-value system was in common use in India by the end of the 6th century.[10] Indian books dated to this period are able to denote numbers in the hundred thousands using a place value system.[11]

"In his seminal text of 499, Aryabhata devised a positional number system without a zero digit. He used the word "kha" for the zero position.[3] Evidence suggests that a dot had been used in earlier Indian manuscripts to denote an empty place in positional notation. [1]. ..The use of zero in these positional systems is the final step to the system of numerals we are familiar with today. The first inscription showing the use of zero which is dated and is not disputed by any historian is the inscription at Gwalior dated 933 in the Vikrama calendar (876 CE.).[3][12] Documents on copper plates, with the same small o in them, dated back as far as the 6th century AD, abound.[13]" The system was adopted by the Arabs who in turn introduced Europeans to it. Much better for science, business and commerce than Roman numerals.

The present Hindu Arabic system which is a positional
          system, is what all our science stands on. "Before positional notation became standard, simple additive systems (sign-value notation) such as Roman Numerals were used, and accountants in ancient Rome and during the Middle Ages" had to resort to "the abacus or stone counters to do arithmetic.[2]"

Just found a link about algebra too. The words for algebra and algorithm come from this Persian fellow. While some of his writings were found to come from Indian and Greek earlier sources (so not just Greek but also Indian first time discoveries) he also invented some of his own:
          J. J. O'Conner and E. F. Robertson wrote in the MacTutor History of Mathematics archive:

Perhaps one of the most significant advances made by Arabic mathematics began at this time with the work of al-Khwarizmi, namely the beginnings of algebra. It is important to understand just how significant this new idea was. It was a revolutionary move away from the Greek concept of mathematics which was essentially geometry. Algebra was a unifying theory which allowed rational numbers, irrational numbers, geometrical magnitudes, etc., to all be treated as "algebraic objects". It gave mathematics a whole new development path so much broader in concept to that which had existed before, and provided a vehicle for future development of the subject. Another important aspect of the introduction of algebraic ideas was that it allowed mathematics to be applied to itself in a way which had not happened before.[19]
          And "Al-Khwarizmi's text can be seen to be distinct not only from the Babylonian tablets, but also from (the European) Diophantus' Arithmetica. It no longer concerns [only] a series of problems to be resolved, but an exposition which starts with primitive terms in which the combinations must give all possible prototypes for equations, which henceforward explicitly constitute the true object of study. On the other hand, the idea of an equation for its own sake appears from the beginning and, one could say, in a generic manner, insofar as it does not simply emerge in the course of solving a problem, but is specifically called on to define an infinite class of problems" But even skipping this there is a lot on this list.

So, in addition to a "tie" for inventing the Wheel, non-white cultures invented gunpowder, paper, the compass, printing including both woodblock and even movable type, and the Hindu-Arabic numeration system including the place value and also the Indian invention of a symbol for zero to finish the modern place value positional system upon which all of modern science depends.

8. As if this isn't enough, Europeans 5,000 years ago were, not all of them white. We now know from DNA that as recently as 7,000 years ago they were many who were dark skinned even with blue eyes. If they were "dark skinned" 7,000 years ago, what were they 4,000 to 5,000 years ago? Maybe medium skinned.

Not that it matters in the great scheme of things, but it reminds us that we're one human family and the reason to tell the media to stop beating up on "whites" and to stop using offensive terms like "white trash" is the same reason to not be racist against blacks, they are not opposite fighting sides, they are two sides of the same coin: embrace our common humanity, that is one side.

On the other side is hate and stereotypes: anti-black anti-Asian, anti-white, anti-hispanic and all the other stereotypes and hate.

And this doesn't take away from the fantastic inventions and discoveries by Europeans from Newton and Einstein, to Galileo, and Darwin, Marie Curie, and with the name of the electric car company, Tesla.

And Greek philosophy ,and Beethoven and other fantastic inventions and creations. So I agree with some of what I think you were getting at about media and cultural "make fun of white culture" toxic stuff out there, it's not "almost everything of significant value" that was invented by whites.

A lot of wonderful things were invented by Europeans and whites. A huge amount, in fact, yes.. But definitely not "almost everything of significant value" and the sooner we embrace that reality, the stronger we will be, united even with different political and social views, but united to fight from our common humanity against "PC" nonsense that perverts good values like equality and justice, into fake manufactured outrage and into using words like those as weapons to attack people with.

Comment

Is she at it again? lol
            Attention whore and nothin' more.
            Being a white male, I'm not feeling particularly threatened. Also, I don't think there's anything special about white men in history other than having a sense of adventure and imagination which took them to far flung places.
            Stay single and prosper!

Comment

I just checked and they are over 20,000 signatures on the petition as of today.

I also found this: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...orm/ar-BBkaE0G

It ends with this:
              Slate’s Amanda Hess put it best: “This is the time we live in: Thousands of people have signed a petition to unseat a woman they’ve never heard of from a position they don’t understand at a school they’ve never visited over a tweet they’ve never seen.”
              Well they know they can't get the shit back into to horse so they are saying you don't know what's going on and besides it's not your business.

Comment

4malelib: Okay, movable type and Arabic numerals. But moveable type didn't come to Europe from China, they discovered the idea themselves, independently, right?

But, if not, hat's two inventions.

I will say it again: almost everything of significant value has been invented by white men. So, two inventions, great as they are, or a thousand, or a million, do not negate the fact that almost everything of significant value has been invented by white men. Or if you want to contend on the basis of how dark the white men were, then "caucasians" so it includes all of the white race, not just the albinoesque ones.

White people have a greater propensity for invention, discovery, order, and structure. Especially the ones of Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Comment

I'm really glad to see another liberal guy (not that there aren't others) here and I completely agree. I tend not to refer to myself as "progressive" as I feel that label is the dividing line between true liberal ideas and "the ends justify the means" version of "liberalism" where "progress" trumps the ideals of process that liberalism holds. This is what we see today so often with feminism - "progress" trumps fair process.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about these people who define themselves as incapable of sexism or racism is not necessarily their redefinition of the words per se, but their exclusion of themselves from the concept. For the sake of argument lets say that a woman can't be sexist or that a minority can't be racist - that doesn't mean that their bigoted behavior is acceptable because it doesn't fit their definition of sexist or racist.

But this seems to be what they're doing with this semantic shell game - they're not just saying the offensive behavior is not racist, they're saying its not wrong because its not "racist" (according to their self-serving definition).

Comment

STParker,
                    Quick note, since my response to JD will have to wait, but the reason I don't call myself liberal is what does "liberal" stand for since the Bill Clinton years? NAFTA, "anti-terrorism" laws (later made more extreme by George W Bush and Obama but Bill Clinton too) that are attacks on civil liberties, militarism, and tepid social protections at best, or outright cuts, while they spend on the Pentagon for programs the Pentagon says it doesn't need, the same dollars they cut from social programs protecting our water quality and food and workplace safety, product safety, and the public sphere (and yes social programs in case something happens) so that's what "liberal" has become. Progressive used to mean and for many of us means, actual values of we're in this together, caring about your fellow citizens, human beings more important than money or profits, human beings more important than corporations, peace, equality, justice and so on.

You're completely right in your last paragraph, the idea that they can brush any responsibility, ever. Nonsense like this, quote above, "Thousands of people have signed a petition to unseat a woman they’ve never heard of from a position they don’t understand at a school they’ve never visited " which is a line you could use about almost ANY petition (most of the signers had not heard of the person they are supporting or opposing before the petition, or visited the university or town or workplace) but now, in this case, suddenly that "negates" the issues? Negates responsibility for her words? Pathetic cop out. They are not true progressives or leftists, they are opportunists.

In the 80s and 90s when you actually had to stick your neck out to say you are against beating up or discriminating against LGBT, or when it means something to say you think it's cool if a woman wants to be a scientist or whatever her interests are, those people were mostly silent I suspect. Now that it's safe, like a politician standing at the front of a movement that they did not build but just running to the front of the line, you have the Manufactured Outrage Complex and very corporate almost automated but not very human, it's not just Feminism Inc, it's not just fake progressives, it's the whole culture that is more rude, won't listen to logic or see the humanity of those they oppose, as human beings, not looking for common ground, and so on, but it is especially ironic and ugly when the names and words and ideals of progressive change, justice and fairness and equality, are coopted. Like the system coopts almost everything for profit, for power. But it can and should be resisted, and is being resisted, in many ways, including speaking out about it.

Comment

I agree with so much of what you've said.

This attitude was epitomized for me today in a twitter post: an image showing a bullfighter gored through the neck and up through his jaw. I had a visceral reaction of disgust and pity for the guy. I don't care how you feel about bull-fighting (personally I don't think it's any less cruel than the hunting our ancestors conducted), but even if you think it's outdated and antiquated and should be criminalized, how can you take glee in the suffering of another human being? And yet these are the same people who line themselves up on the liberal "compassionate" side of the political spectrum. It's baffling to me.

If they were to criminalize bullfighting based on animal cruelty I might understand their reasoning and accept their law - it doesn't mean that much to me even if I think their reasoning is, in some ways, flawed. What makes me incredulous is that they set themselves up as these caring, empathetic individuals when they are anything but. They are actually sociopaths - they only care about suffering in the abstract, or when it happens to their friends - they don't care about the suffering of people they hate.

The (or a) mark of a truly moral person is that they don't take joy or pleasure in the suffering even of those they hate. That is why - despite their claims - I don't consider SJWs truly moral people

Comment

the racism and hate isn't surprising, rather it's a return to form for so called "progressives" and democrats who have been promoting hate and advocating for tyranny and oppression since their forefathers were plantation holding slave owners.
                        "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
                          the racism and hate isn't surprising, rather it's a return to form for so called "progressives" and democrats who have been promoting hate and advocating for tyranny and oppression since their forefathers were plantation holding slave owners.
                          Wait what? Weren't the southern states the slave holders. AND arent these same states the traditionally conservative states?

Also it pays to note that this lady is a british citizen but not of british descent. Not an American! And the racism is aimed towards whites and men.

How you manage to equate this to "progressive slave holders" is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by willow View Post
                            Wait what? Weren't the southern states the slave holders. AND arent these same states the traditionally conservative states?
                            You my friend, need a few American history lessons from someone that isn't a Hollywood liberal...

Here's a few gentle nudges in the right direction;

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...il-rights-act/

http://www.nationalblackrepublicans....eDemocratParty
                            Last edited by Maxx; 05-26-2015, 02:48 PM.
                            "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx View Post
                              You my friend, need a few American history lessons from someone that isn't a Hollywood liberal...
                              I stand corrected. I did not know that. Also I learned today that the Ku Klux Klan was originally an arm of the democratic party. A bit of a mindfuck.

Thanks.

In my defense do remember I'm a european who is essentially reading up on the internal history of a foreign country.

Comment

Working...
                              X