Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Day I agreed with Sarah Palin (Duggar / Dunham Pedophilia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day I agreed with Sarah Palin (Duggar / Dunham Pedophilia)

This is a special day-- the day I agreed with Sarah Palin on something...

Sarah Palin calls Lena Dunham a ‘pedophile’ amid Duggar rant

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/sarah-pal...id-duggar-rant

Sarah Palin, the outspoken former GOP vice presidential nominee and Alaska governor, is lashing out at what she considers hypocritical media figures covering the Duggar family controversy.
    On Wednesday, In Touch magazine reported that Josh Duggar, the eldest son of the religiously conservative “19 Kids & Counting” reality TV show stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, inappropriately touched five underage girls, including four of his own siblings, when he was a teenager. In Touch’s information came via a police report they obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request. The Duggars have been criticized for their past handling of the allegations against their son, and their show has been put on indefinite suspension by its network, TLC.
    While few Republican allies of the Duggars have been willing to weigh in on the scandal, Palin spoke out on Thursday, name-checking the popular yet polarizing “Girls” star Lena Dunham in the process. “I’m not defending the Duggar boy’s obvious wrongdoing over a decade ago,” Palin wrote on Facebook. “The main victim in any story like this isn’t the perpetrator, it’s the innocent ones so harmfully affected. I’m not an apologist for any sexual predator, but I’m sickened that the media gives their chosen ones a pass for any behavior as long as they share their leftwing politics.”
    In her post, Palin initially calls out Dunham, who wrote about some sexual behavior directed at her younger sister in her best-selling 2014 memoir “Not That Kind of Girl” that took place when Dunham was 7 years old. The actress asserts she had once tried to bribe her sister to kiss her, took a peak at her sibling’s genitalia and on another occasion masturbated next to her. Although, her admissions were considered controversial by some at the time, few thought to publicly conflate them with the acts of an alleged abuser.
    Enter Palin. “They suggest Lena Dunham’s sexual assault on her sibling is cute, and she’s rewarded for it with fame and fortune. Meanwhile, they crucify another, along with an entire family,” she wrote in the Facebook post. In fact, her entire post starts with a broadside directed at Dunham in which Palin calls her a “pedophile” and asks, “Hey Lena, why not laugh off everyone’s sexual ‘experiments’ as you haughtily enjoy rewards of your own perversion?”
    Palin also railed against what she calls the “unethical leak of a private, legally protected counseling document by a politically motivated law enforcement official” and the “media’s hell-bent mission to go after the entire Duggar family for one member’s wrongdoing.”
    The ex-Alaska governor’s post followed one by her daughter Bristol, who slammed Dunham and the media’s coverage of the Duggars on Thursday. “I can’t believe how crazy the media is going over the Duggar family compared to the big fat yawn they gave Lena Dunham when she wrote in her book that she sexually experimented with her sister,” Bristol Palin wrote. “The double standards make me sick.”
    For her part, Dunham has dismissed her past actions as “a story about being a weird 7-year-old,” and she hasn’t, at least publicly, weighed in the on the controversy swirling around the Duggars.
    Late last year, developmental psychologist Ritch Savin-Williams, director of the Sex and Gender Lab at Cornell University, told Slate that Dunham’s behavior was “clearly not a case of abuse,” and added, “Children have been doing this stuff forever and ever and ever and ever, and they will do it forever and ever and ever.”

FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.
    == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

...AND it's on MSNBC, a liberal site?!

*checks the temperature in hell*

Comment

Because libs have no conscience or sense of shame

Comment

I too am sharing in your feelings of awkwardness for happening to agree with Sarah Palin on something.

But I guess you can chalk this up to being one of those 'common sense' things, that only ideologically-programmed people cannot see. It's patently obvious that this is an extreme double standard here.

And I can even remember back to when the whole Lena Dunham debacle unfolded - I'm pretty sure at least one person in the manosphere had made the explicit argument that 'if a celebrity MALE had been caught doing the same exact thing she did, while still underage, the media would crucify him for it.' And here we are only a few months later, and that EXACT SAME SCENARIO has unfolded, just like clockwork.

Overly curious young female groping and petting her sibling? Childhood innocence, leave her be, dammit! Overly curious young male groping and petting his sibling? ABOMINATION! Male entitlement! Pedophile! Aaaaahhhh!!!!

And of course, in the Duggar situation, a lot of people are placing the blame on the parents for being complacent in allowing this to happen. Yet when we all made the same argument about Dunham's parents, everyone rolled their eyes.

Strictly religious, politically conservative parents from Middle America? Irresponsible, terrible job of parenting! Artsy-fartsy, laissez-faire liberal parents from New York? Progressive, enlightened parenting style worth emulating!
        Last edited by Humansplaining w/ Jarred; 06-06-2015, 03:13 PM.
        The Duluth Model is incomplete and outdated; It's time we replaced it with a Superior Model...

Comment

Originally posted by Usagi Yojimbo View Post
          ...AND it's on MSNBC, a liberal site?!

*checks the temperature in hell*
          Don't bother. Hell's been frozen over since 2004, when the Red Sox when the world series.

Comment

Originally posted by Humansplaining w/ Jarred View Post
            I too am sharing in your feelings of awkwardness for happening to agree with Sarah Palin on something.

But I guess you can chalk this up to being one of those 'common sense' things, that only ideologically-programmed people cannot see. It's patently obvious that this is an extreme double standard here.

And I can even remember back to when the whole Lena Dunham debacle unfolded - I'm pretty sure at least one person in the manosphere had made the explicit argument that 'if a celebrity MALE had been caught doing the same exact thing she did, while still underage, the media would crucify him for it.' And here we are only a few months later, and that EXACT SAME SCENARIO has unfolded, just like clockwork.

Overly curious young female groping and petting her sibling? Childhood innocence, leave her be, dammit! Overly curious young male groping and petting his sibling? ABOMINATION! Male entitlement! Pedophile! Aaaaahhhh!!!!

And of course, in the Duggar situation, a lot of people are placing the blame on the parents for being complacent in allowing this to happen. Yet when we all made the same argument about Dunham's parents, everyone rolled their eyes.

Strictly religious, politically conservative parents from Middle America? Irresponsible, terrible job of parenting! Artsy-fartsy, laissez-faire liberal parents from New York? Progressive, enlightened parenting style worth emulating!

There is one difference though. Lisa Dunham also made a false rape allegation while she was at it. I don't think Josh Duggar did that.
            FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
            It's time to call it out for what it is.
            == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
            http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

I can't comment on whether or not what Lena Dunham did was wrong or not, and if it is wrong I would think the parents would be mostly responsible; however, I am somewhat bothered by the experts who say that it is perfectly normal behavior.

I can't imagine myself at the age of 7 years old sticking my fingers into my sisters vagina and taking a look inside. My parents taught me that private parts are to be kept private. Yes we took baths together and we even ran around the house naked, but we did not touch each other's genitals. To me it seems like a lack of boundaries. Is that really normal behavior?

Comment

So, if three-year-olds touch each other now, the man can be given the death penalty seventy years later if his sister remembers what they both did to each other?

A kid stole my ball in the fifth grade. Can I have him arrested?

Comment

Originally posted by Wio View Post
                  I can't comment on whether or not what Lena Dunham did was wrong or not, and if it is wrong I would think the parents would be mostly responsible; however, I am somewhat bothered by the experts who say that it is perfectly normal behavior.

I can't imagine myself at the age of 7 years old sticking my fingers into my sisters vagina and taking a look inside. My parents taught me that private parts are to be kept private. Yes we took baths together and we even ran around the house naked, but we did not touch each other's genitals. To me it seems like a lack of boundaries. Is that really normal behavior?
                  My opinion is it is not normal. It is a lack of boundaries. I never touched my siblings inappropriately. I never thought about touching my siblings inappropriately. I would say parenting has something to do with it. Your parents can teach you boundaries.

Comment

Also, you aren't a child molester if you are close to the same age as the person you are playing around with. You are both victims of bad parenting, or rebels against good parenting, but a child molester? Seriously? Is there no floor on the age of crucifixion, as long as it's a male they are crucifying?

Comment

Working...
                    X