Women in Combat: An End to The Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in Combat: An End to The Draft?

Somewhat MRA-related since it's about women in combat...

This blog post is essentially arguing that with women now being allowed into combat, there is a potential Constitutional hole in the current Selective Service system that could possibly reach the SCOTUS. The High Court could either rule that the Selective Service system must be gender neutral and include women also...or even kill the draft all together!

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2013/01/23/women-in-combat-may-kill-the-draft/

[quote]This move is being heralded as a long overdue victory for women
    The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose!\" -Bastiat

RE: Women in Combat: An End to The Draft?

Yeah, the guy has a point. This decision will render the logic of the court's opinion invalid, rendering the precedent they set moot. The lower courts will be able to rule against the Selective service without being in defiance of the Supreme Court. Now we just need Panetta's policy to be implemented, and any American man would have standing to file suit.
    Your Dawn listens, my Lord! Let all the Aurbis know itself to be Free! Mehrunes is come! There is no dominion save free will!

Comment

Yes I think they should force women to register with Selective Service just like all us men do!

Comment

Originally posted by yinyangbalance
        Yes I think they should force women to register with Selective Service just like all us men do!
        Damn Right! If they don't register then they can't get the government benefits nor college loans and grants. I can imagine all the sobbing 18 year old girls with their mothers and aunts wailing and beating their breasts as their "precious" has to register and put her ass on the line with the rest of the men. Oh, the humanity!

Meanwhile, men will be looking on and laughing their asses off at the spectacle. Women wanted equal rights, they got them and now it's time to pay the piper for those liberties, rights, and entitlements.
        De oppresso liber

Comment

ERA!!! ERA!!! ERA!!! ERA!!!
          RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

Women Against Feminism.

Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

Comment

Working...
          X