X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrest warrant for Bill Cosby

http://www.people.com/article/bill-c...rant-rape-2004

Here we go.

An arrest warrant has been issued for entertainer Bill Cosby for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple employee Andrea Constand at his Elkins Park, Pennsylvania mansion in January 2004, Montgomery County District Attorney-Elect Kevin Steele said at a Wednesday press conference.
    Constand was not available for comment but one of her attorneys expressed gratitude toward the prosecutor.

"Obviously we appreciate the expression of confidence in her," says Dolores Troiani of her client, Constand, 42, who is now a massage therapist in Ontario, Canada. "We'll have to see what happens. We hope justice will be done. We will cooperate fully."

Cosby has previously said what happened between him and Constand was consensual, but in new court filings last summer Constand said she was in a relationship with a woman at the time. She also called Cosby a "narcissist" who missed cues that she's gay.

The statute of limitations to charge Cosby runs out in January.
    Grab popcorn for this one.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
    http://www.people.com/article/bill-c...rant-rape-2004

Here we go.

Grab popcorn for this one.
    Being "in a relationship" has been a very, very soft barrier for many women in the past when seduced by a wealthy, famous, and presumably charming man.

The whole "he missed cues that she was gay" thing reads like a post I saw on reddit once. The girl basically said she went along with sex several times in her life just because she didn't want to be the girl that said "no".
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

If true, how sad. If not true, how sad. These he said/she said cases...ugh.

Comment

I just want to know how they plan on proving anything 10+ years after the fact. Won't this simply devolve into a "he said, she said" situation?

Oh, and if I had a nickel for every "gay" woman I've slept with (and I'm not a wealthy celebrity).... I'd have 8 nickels!

Comment

Considering the James Deen rape allegations, which are obviously attention and money seeking, I've rethought the whole Cosby thing. It's perfectly understandable why 55 or so women would come out with the same allegations, knowing they wouldn't have to prove them in court, and could just get a quick payday or some attention.

Cosby was, to put it bluntly, a god at the time, and even later. He was one of the most famous men in Hollywood. The idea that young women, mostly white, hung out with him in the seventies, and didn't expect sex and drugs is insulting to ones intelligence.

The only significant point I find against Cosby is that: Well, if he wanted to maintain an squeaky clean image, drugs would be the way to go...she wouldn't remember. But then the stories they tell make the sex apparent...so I just don't buy it in the end.

I think these girls got high and drunk with a tv/movie star and had sex. 20 years later they decide they were raped, because feminism.
          Jolie Rouge - The Pretty Red
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          He who learns must suffer
          And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget
          Falls drop by drop upon the heart,
          ...And in our own despair, against our will,
          Comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Agamemnon; by Aeschylus(Edith Hamilton's Translation,modified)

Comment

a trial would be a good thing for Mr. Cosby and pretty much everyone. Once it goes to trial we will see how there is no evidence or proof of this crime whatsoever other than the woman's word.

Comment

Well in this particular case there was already an undisclosed out of court settlement back in 2006. Even if this woman is telling the truth, the fact the case was already settled ten years ago pretty much makes it a waste of time to reopen it today does it not?

I mean the crime is the same. If the cops and the prosecutors dropped the ball ten years ago how does that justify bringing the same case back to court again after so many years later? Shouldn't there have been an immediate appeal instead of a settlement in 2006???
              "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by Autolite View Post
                Well in this particular case there was already an undisclosed out of court settlement back in 2006. Even if this woman is telling the truth, the fact the case was already settled ten years ago pretty much makes it a waste of time to reopen it today does it not?

I mean the crime is the same. If the cops and the prosecutors dropped the ball ten years ago how does that justify bringing the same case back to court again after so many years later? Shouldn't there have been an immediate appeal instead of a settlement in 2006???
                I think their hope is to use the implication that there was a settlement to imply guilt? If they can get a good parade of emotional testimony, their hope is to hoodwink people out of their reasonable doubt.

Loose the Juice!
                Jolie Rouge - The Pretty Red
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                He who learns must suffer
                And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget
                Falls drop by drop upon the heart,
                ...And in our own despair, against our will,
                Comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Agamemnon; by Aeschylus(Edith Hamilton's Translation,modified)

Comment

If a hooker had sex with some big star and didn't get what they thought they were owed i'm sure there would also be hell to pay

Comment

Nothing to do with Cosby or guilt,it's about cash for cunts

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetwo...red-net-worth/

image.jpg
                    Last edited by joeyd; 12-31-2015, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Why is Bill Clinton not also facing criminal charges?

Because the liberals who run everything still regard the dirtbag as a demigod, and they are trying to get him back in the White House along with his corrupt and incompetent wife.

image.jpg

Comment

Criminal charges for what, JoeyD? Last I heard, Bill Clinton didn't rape anyone. Neither did Bill Cosby, for that matter.
                        When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

"he missed cues that she was gay"

I didn't realise that was a crime. I guess men today need an effective Gaydar if they want to avoid jail.

Comment

There are several things about this case that do not add up:
                            1. The case was filed weeks before the Statute of Limitations ran out. It was decided in 2005 NOT to press charges for lack of evidence. If there was insufficient evidence shortly after the alleged incident took place, what changed since then?

2. Tried in the public square, the headline read 50 other woman say. The case seems to be an attempt by the powers that be to change the rules of conviction from proof to preponderance, and preponderance of accusations AFTER the Statute of Limitations ran out on the other 50 women.

3. The judge ruled his wife has to testify against him. This goes against long standing rules of jurisprudence, a built in reason to have any negative verdict overturned on appeal.
                            No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people, but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality and virtue, and by frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.
                            George Mason

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's against the Constitution, too, but that's been effectively shredded over the past 4+ presidential terms, so I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise...
                              When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

Working...
                              X