Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Charges for Bill Cosby in L.A.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/06/us/bil...s-los-angeles/

(CNN)Bill Cosby won't be charged in two cases investigated by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, the DA announced Wednesday.

According to a charge evaluation sheet, prosecutors think neither of the two allegations could have resulted in charges within the statute of limitations.

The accusers, listed as Jane Does No. 1 and No. 2, had accused Cosby of sexual assault.
    Why not "within the statute of limitation"? What else do they need to proceed?

Jane Doe No. 2 was identified by her lawyer as Chloe Goins, who accused the 78-year-old comedian of drugging her and sexually assaulting her at the Playboy Mansion in August 2008.

Prosecutors in District Attorney Jackie Lacey's office said the two potential criminal offenses described by Jane Doe No. 2 would be misdemeanors, and they were barred by the statute of limitations from prosecuting.
    So Bill Cosby did not rape Chloe Goins (rape is not a misdemeanor).

Also, officials said a woman who Jane Doe No. 2 said could place her at the party told investigators she didn't know the accuser and has never been to the Playboy Mansion.
    So her "witness" has never seen her, nor has she ever been where she claims to have seen her.

The other case investigated by prosecutors involved a woman who alleged that Cosby forcibly raped her in 1965 when she was 17 years old. The statute of limitations had expired, the DA's office said.

Gloria Allred, who represents Jane Doe No.1, said her client is "very disappointed," but the attorney and others are working to eliminate the statute of limitations for rape and sexual assault.
    So this is what the new push is all about.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
    So this is what the new push is all about.
    I think they're working toward the validation of accusations of being raped by someone in a previous life...
    "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

from the start this bill cosby thing has always struck me as nonsense, the allegations don't add up, it looks like a whopping great sting operation anyway but the more i look at it the more it seems to be a huge operation to change the entire way rape is perceived and more importantly tried, mark my words this will end in something akin to fully codifying the mere suggestion of a man doing anything a woman doesn't like in her company as some form of assault
      "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
      Mario Savio

"A single, seemingly powerless person who dares to cry out the word of truth
      and to stand behind it with all his person and all his life, ready to pay a
      high price, has, surprisingly, greater power, though formally disfranchised,
      than do thousands of anonymous voters."
      Vaclav Havel
      'if you want to know who rules you, look at who you're not allowed to criticise' Voltaire

Comment

According to a charge evaluation sheet, prosecutors think neither of the two allegations could have resulted in charges within the statute of limitations.
        What I think they meant to say is: Even if the statute of limitations didn't apply, we still wouldn't charge him because the accusations are bullshit. This is just a fancy way of saying; They're bullshit.
        Jolie Rouge - The Pretty Red
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        He who learns must suffer
        And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget
        Falls drop by drop upon the heart,
        ...And in our own despair, against our will,
        Comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Agamemnon; by Aeschylus(Edith Hamilton's Translation,modified)

Comment

Originally posted by Autolite View Post
          I think they're working toward the validation of accusations of being raped by someone in a previous life...
          We've already got that, haven't we? I thought that was what the "Men have been oppressing women for thousands of years" line was for.
          Now it is not limited to the collective, now it gets personal, perhaps.

M

Comment

Originally posted by simeon the crushed View Post
            from the start this bill cosby thing has always struck me as nonsense, the allegations don't add up, it looks like a whopping great sting operation anyway but the more i look at it the more it seems to be a huge operation to change the entire way rape is perceived and more importantly tried, mark my words this will end in something akin to fully codifying the mere suggestion of a man doing anything a woman doesn't like in her company as some form of assault
            It has always seemed a bit of nonsense to me also.....especially when looking at the character of the accusers: prostitutes, criminals and gold diggers

Comment

They phrased it that way to avoid the inevitable feminist hate to the extent possible.
              What it means is, there was not enough evidence to charge, even before the Statute of Limitations ran out.
              I realize people in the public eye can project a false image. Look at OJ. But I don't think the public image of Cosby was all that far off.
              I also feel that the charges being levelled are pretty damn vague. Even I could make a similar claim. "It was dark, I was drugged, I thought it was a salami" Gimme!
              Meanwhile, a real, live, convicted harasser is helping his wife run for prez.
              Sorry, but I just don't believe the whole Cosby thing. Our lickspittle media come up with these hoaxes on a daily basis.

Comment

this is actually some good news i genuinely thought they were going to fucking CRUCIFY Cosby and they have with his career I'm sure, i bet you any stand up he tries to do they'll be feminists standing up in the audience shouting abuse, networks will be reluctant to hire him, if he's smart he'll turn to the alternative media or hold on to his money and bugger off somewhere with sun, cocktails and women in bikinis because despite him being innocent (innocent until proven guilty and they couldn't even get this vague nebulous charges to even get in to the US man skinning court rooms!) but his whole career will be heavily damaged now, in a just world he should now be able to sue them for defamation of character, slander and loss of future earnings but we know he won't be able to get justice like that, men don't get justice...they get just ice...a huge icicle right up the ass.

I still don't think this is over, it's instinctual i can feel it, SOMETHING is going to change for the worse socially or legally because of this, he was just the bowling ball, the pins haven't been knocked over yet, i have a hunch there's a far wider scheme going on here than just persecuting one man.

time will tell and there's plenty more women who Cosby may have had relations with that didn't end well who can still get him skinned alive I'm sure, many immoral women don't want men because they now have the state...a manipulated husband will beat up anyone she says, be her walking ATM, let her have free money without doing any work but once in a while she has to do SOMETHING nice for him or he'll leave, now the state is fulfilling all those roles and she doesn't even need to give any blow jobs.
                Last edited by simeon the crushed; 01-08-2016, 03:47 PM.
                "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
                Mario Savio

"A single, seemingly powerless person who dares to cry out the word of truth
                and to stand behind it with all his person and all his life, ready to pay a
                high price, has, surprisingly, greater power, though formally disfranchised,
                than do thousands of anonymous voters."
                Vaclav Havel
                'if you want to know who rules you, look at who you're not allowed to criticise' Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                X