No announcement yet.

In The News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/02/sexually-suggestive-exercises-center-of-la-fitness-lawsuit/
    [hr]

[Admin Edit]
    This thread is appreciated, and I ask in future you construct a thread with more consideration than just making a "link-and-run". The guys in moderation are working hours a day ridding spammers and trolls and other board management without a dime as is myself. A bit more respect with this regard is not a stretch and if you think it is, please let TPH, Morpheus or me know with stout reasoning. Thank you.

RE:

[quote]She says, she questioned one trainer when he asked her to do
    *Nothing is as important as the importance of nothing*

Comment

RE:

this is ridiculous. she's saying the trainer forced her to do sexually suggestive exercises, no one forced her to do anything, and exercises often entail contorting your body into a great number of poses. notice how theres no description of anything that was said except that chest statement, no description of the so called exercises, no description of the alleged text. the text is another thing why did the trainer even have her cell number unless she was fucking around with him or something? whenever someone claims something like extreme emotional distress to something so benign you know they're trying to scam some money out of it and maybe get their five minutes of fame.

Comment

RE:

Not big in the conspiracy thing but, this could be used as reasoning for women only gyms.. yes?

"See? Evil males, trainers, the lot of em! We need our own safe space!"

TMOTS

Comment

RE:

"A Dallas woman has filed suit against L-A Fitness for comments and exercises her trainers made her do"

Made her do? Did they handcuff her and make her to perform these exercises under penalty of force? The comments part I get, as she has no control over what other people say, but she agreed to do the exercises. That makes her a victim I guess.

Comment

RE:

For a couple of years now I've wanted to start going to a gym, but was hesitant due to so many reports of frivolous sexual harassment lawsuits. What I have wanted to find, quite frankly, is a "male safe space", as stupid as that sounds.

Happily, I have finally found that gym, it's not exclusively for men, women are permitted to join, however it is decidedly a "man's gym", somewhere that I will not feel like I'm going to be accused of leering at some chick just because I'm waiting to use the rowing machine.

Comment

RE:

Originally posted by BaldwinBravo
              For a couple of years now I've wanted to start going to a gym, but was hesitant due to so many reports of frivolous sexual harassment lawsuits. What I have wanted to find, quite frankly, is a "male safe space", as stupid as that sounds.

Happily, I have finally found that gym, it's not exclusively for men, women are permitted to join, however it is decidedly a "man's gym", somewhere that I will not feel like I'm going to be accused of leering at some chick just because I'm waiting to use the rowing machine.
              Just don't volunteer to spot her as she does squats.

Comment

RE:

Why weren't the two trainers interviewed for their side on the story? Was her husband questioned, too?
                Don\'t ask for change. Let\'s be the change.

Comment

RE:

The thing that strikes me most profoundly here, is the "made her do it". Once again playing to the fallacious perception of man as actor and woman as acted upon; certainly he was not in a position to make her do anything she didn't want to do?

And of course, the delicate sensibilities of the victimized woman, how inappropriate conduct (real or perceived) somehow so badly traumatizes here that the only thing that will make her feel better is...lots of cash.

Comment

Working...
                  X