The tie! It BURNS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tie! It BURNS!

Florida got a new logo, and its so sexist, y'all.

Looks inoffensive enough, right? Well, Tampa-based PR exec Beth Leytham (Who I will now refer to as Bethlehem, because holy shit, it really is that close) says:

"Perhaps they should add a tag line: 'Florida is the perfect climate for business if you're a man,'"
    Why is she saying something like that? What could be so wro-

Oh.

Oh no.

That tie.

THAT FUCKING TIE.

IT IZ AN EMMBLEMM OF DEH PAYTZKTTRRTRIEEIRCEKIII

No, seriously. Female business execs took issue with the logo because a tie is in it, and ties imply that business is for MALES only, those fucking pigs.

That's all I have. This is news, apparently, and you all should know what scum you are for wearing ties. Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with you?!

Be sure to visit the comments section and remind yourself that people actually agree with the fembots that stirred up trouble, and that feminists can appear on the news any time they want.

I'm going to drink an entire bottle of tequila now.

RE: The tie! It BURNS!

ties are phalic symbols originally created by the ancient samarians during the war of..

I guess if they'd just gone with a flower, all would be ok.

Wait, what about the trees?!?!

Flower, no good

Discrimination is everywhere. To choose one means excluding another, which means you are discrminating.. choice is discrimination.

That's it, no more signs allowed!!
    Grandmother Stabs Her 4-Year-Old Grandson To Death
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIB4yE2xGkU

Comment

You know, women can wear ties too. In fact, many do as that is how you look professional in pants&shirt/suit if you choose to wear that instead of a dress.

Ladies, come on in. Check out the wonderful world of ties! You thought men didn't accessorize, but you've never checked out our tie collections have you? I have 4 ties and I rarely wear clothing appropriate for them. Some times I want to make a bold statement and BAM! Red tie. Maybe I want the power tie feel without being big headed, grey/red tie! It's a damn stunning tie if I do say so myself. It's a party and we're just here to relax? Blue tie. I'm feelin' like a classy motherfucker? Gold tie.

Sure, learning the knots can be tricky (I'm a windsor man myself), but it's certainly worth the effort to be able to look good at a party without being women#34 wearing the little black dress. If you want to stand out in a crowd without resorting to garish colors and ridiculous heels, you need a suit and tie. Don't forget the Tie Clasp!! The simple addition of a tie to your wardrobe has now allowed you to DOUBLE ACCESSORIZE. I don't even know how some women are balking at this.

Oh, guys, if your tie is uncomfortable, it's probably the neck size of your shirt. Most people get it just a bit too tight and then blame the tie.

Comment

Wow... I don't even know what to say.

I HATE having to wear a suit to work (sometimes I do), and after spending 30m getting in my "business plate armour" in which I feel about as comfortable as an 18th century deep sea diver, I get to see the "business ladies" wearing "business skirts" and tshirts.... because you know, it's ok if you're a woman.

Screw this idiot and all her ilk. I'm sick of their bullshit

Comment

You know, it's the letter "I" that is patriarchal, really. See how it majestically rises, straight into the air, swelling in its own prowess, pulsing with promise? You could alter that tie into a flower, a tower, a tree... it would not change the sheer sexism of shape.

I hereby move to rename Florida to Floroda.
          12/12/12 -The day Germany decided boys are not quite human.

Comment

Slave collars of the working masses. A symbol of male oppression.
            Winter is coming.

Comment

Wore one in secondary school, wore them as fashion in the 80s.
              Occaionally do a 1/2 Windsor knot if wearing a scarf. What's their problem?
              Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.
              George Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee McGee
                Wore one in secondary school, wore them as fashion in the 80s.
                Occaionally do a 1/2 Windsor knot if wearing a scarf. What's their problem?
                Apart from the fact it's a useless garment, waste of money, uncomfortable and the modern equivalent of the cod piece?

Stephen Biddulph, author of "Manhood" argued very comprehensively that the neck tie is a symbol of "a willingness to fit in or submit". It's also a symbol of wealth by which men are judged (along with suit and shoes)

It's also a symbol of corporate success and Biddulph was suggesting that corporate success is not a path to life success, but rather a path to slavery. The higher you climb the executive tree the less time you have for yourself and your family, the more stress, etc. Farrell argues something similar but leaves out the bit about ties being a symbol.

Biddulph was arguing from a mens health perspective on the need and right for men to be able to express themselves individually and be free of prejudice and constraints. The tie is the symbol of oppression, and not a symbol of power.

Of course the fallacy is that the suit is the true symbol of oppression, the tie is the sole opportunity for a man to show creative colour and flare in the business world but woe betide the man whose creative flair doesn't meet the bosses approval.

The idea is not new and control of dress is used by the army to stamp out individuality in new recruits and mold soldiers. Its also something feminist)s rebelled against even burning bras (which are actually a useful garment compared to ties)

Now I can't believe I just wrote 6 paragraphs on something as trivial as neck ties when I still choose to wear them anyway.
                Winter is coming.

Comment

You know what? Naw. This isn't misandry. This is call to end men having to wear ties in the workplace. Victory!
                  \"There he goes. One of God\'s own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.\"

Comment

Originally posted by 42hamneggs
                    Its also something feminist)s rebelled against even burning bras (which are actually a useful garment compared to ties)
                    Anyone who has burned a bra clearly doesn't have a real need for one...trust me, I'm an expert on their utility . Beloved felt my favourite sports bra was an offense against all the skills learned as a teenager as it has two different sets of hooks
                    George Fox

Comment

Its also something feminist)s rebelled against even burning bras (which are actually a useful garment compared to ties)
                      Anyone who has burned a bra clearly doesn't have a real need for one...trust me, I'm an expert on their utility . Beloved felt my favourite sports bra was an offense against all the skills learned as a teenager as it has two different sets of hooks
                      Speaking as someone who had a weight problem (and has again, thank you, Christmas...) and therefore does a daily jog of ~10 miles: Man, I wish I could wear a sports bra as a man sometimes. Have you ever had friction make your nipples bleed (particularly enjoyable when you're sweating)?

...Sorry for the mental picture. But I simply don't get the analogy of bra=tool of oppression. It seems like a really useful tool to me. Not for oppression, but for comfort.
                      On the other hand: Braless women? Who am I to say no to that?
                      On a completely unrelated note: Seriously, spell check, you didn't know misandry until I taught you, but you do know 'braless'. Some edumacatation that is.

Lastly: I view ties as part of business attire, like, I don't know, steel-capped boots for construction workers. It's less a symbol of "the Men" but of "higher business" altogether. I tried to come up with a thing that only women wear in that line of work, but I can't think of one. They're more free than men when it comes to business attire, it seems to me (do feel free to correct me on that, I'm no expert).
                      "Aw shucky darns, why cannot we be forced to wear specific attire just as the men are. Darn that Patriarchy and the undead horse it rode in on!"
                      12/12/12 -The day Germany decided boys are not quite human.

Comment

Ha ha.

Curse those multi hooked, clipped at the front or strangely fastened chastity preservers that protected the purity of my fumble fingered youth. Yay for those lacy, sleek and supportive treasure chests hiding and protecting bosomy goodness.

I think everyone agrees the bra burning days of feminism were a drooping point that cost the sisterhood much needed support. :P

Perhaps we men should take the alternate approach and let our ties proudly thrust forth our ideals declared in rampant and upstanding commitment.

Seriously would an AVFM tie or tie pin with a subtle message be wearable?
                        Winter is coming.

Comment

Andres - two words, one product. Body glide. I use it on anywhere that might chafe when running and cycling. Also at the neck of my wet suit when swimming open water.
                          I don't see why a man couldn't wear some kind of Lycra support bra under a t-shirt. The trick on sizing is the measurement under the breast determines the back measurement and the measurement at nipples minus the back measurement determines the cup size. You are unlikely to be more than a B cup...at that point you can still get away with "squeeze and hold" rather than structural engineering!
                          George Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Andres

On a completely unrelated note: Seriously, spell check, you didn't know misandry until I taught you, but you do know 'braless'. Some edumacatation that is.

Lastly: I view ties as part of business attire, like, I don't know, steel-capped boots for construction workers. It's less a symbol of "the Men" but of "higher business" altogether. I tried to come up with a thing that only women wear in that line of work, but I can't think of one. They're more free than men when it comes to business attire, it seems to me (do feel free to correct me on that, I'm no expert).
                            "Aw shucky darns, why cannot we be forced to wear specific attire just as the men are. Darn that Patriarchy and the undead horse it rode in on!"
                            Rep point for laugh of the day

How do you get spell check to add misandry and can we start a campaign?

High heels and pencil skirts. Women's fashion items that are an OSH nightmare and should be banned, especially in combination.

Anyone else done a fire drill on the third floor of an office filled with women in high heels and pencil skirts?

Damned patriarchy for letting women wear high heels/ Damned patriarchy for refusing to let women wear high heels.
                            Winter is coming.

Comment

I'm not sure that tie is phallic. Looks more like a golden pussy with a ray of sunshine shooting out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X