Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
    Multiple abortions don't count?

Millions of babies have been aborted...that's not a few. Since abortion became legal to present day, 55+ million abortions have transpired. That's not a few. It is decreasing, but I still wouldn't say that 'few women' have abortions, today. FewER - maybe that might be a better term, but it's still a misleading word to represent something so ominous.

The question was, "How many women have had an abortion?" so no, multiple abortions don't count.

The problem is that some anti-abortion groups want to exaggerate the number, to make it seem like a bigger problem, while some want to low-ball the number, to make it seem like it affects fewer people; the pro-choice groups have the same problem, some want to exaggerate the number to make it seem like it affects more people, while some want to underestimate it to make it seem like less of a problem.

I don't think it's at all relevant; legal abortion is, pure and simply, the better option, by any reasonable standard. That's not the same as condoning it, in the same way that legalizing drugs isn't condoning drug use. It is just the acceptance of the obvious fact that there are some things that you can't fix by passing a law against them, and if you try, you will often make things worse.

The numbers involved or the moral question surrounding the act itself have no bearing on that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongSilentType View Post
      The question was, "How many women have had an abortion?" so no, multiple abortions don't count.

The problem is that some anti-abortion groups want to exaggerate the number, to make it seem like a bigger problem, while some want to low-ball the number, to make it seem like it affects fewer people; the pro-choice groups have the same problem, some want to exaggerate the number to make it seem like it affects more people, while some want to underestimate it to make it seem like less of a problem.

I don't think it's at all relevant; legal abortion is, pure and simply, the better option, by any reasonable standard. That's not the same as condoning it, in the same way that legalizing drugs isn't condoning drug use. It is just the acceptance of the obvious fact that there are some things that you can't fix by passing a law against them, and if you try, you will often make things worse.

The numbers involved or the moral question surrounding the act itself have no bearing on that fact.
      I've never suggested to ban it. I don't think it should be banned. But, over 55 million abortions have taken place. That's a lot of 'oops I made a mistake, I shouldn't have fucked that guy.'

It's become an 'only option' for many women. Too many women. The problem is that it's created a slippery slope with how the culture views kids in general, how it views parenting, how it views kids in custody cases. Children are seen as 'things'...as 'property.' And seen as nothing at all, before they're born. It's all very sad.

Comment

Working...
      X